help, my computer has gone mad!

My computer suddenly won't let me go past page three of any forums! I know for a fact All Saints, for example has at least 6 pages already!

I suspect that its not letting me into current Mystery Worshipper reports, either.

Can anyone suggest anything??
Tagged:

Comments

• Amanda B ReckondwythAmanda B Reckondwyth Mystery Worship Editor
    I see only three pages in All Saints also. Perhaps it has been recently purged?

What leads you to believe that you are not seeing the latest MW reports? The latest one is St. John the Evangelist, Ranmoor. There have been no new reports filed since then (much to my dismay).
  • It's definitely not just you!
  • Historically, the boards have been pruned from time to time to keep them manageable and sort of tidy.

All Saints was pruned thus last week; old threads with no contributions since November have been removed either to Limbo or Oblivion depending on merit as appraised by the Hosts. You can still find them there, just not add new comments.
  • Similarly, Purgatory was pruned of threads before October 2018 yesterday
  • Sorry, when I said All Saints I meant Heaven. As has now been announced, All Saints will be getting the same treatment soon, too.
  • Barnabas62Barnabas62 Purgatory Host, Dead Horses Host
    I think it must be a current feature of the pruning process that the threads get moved but the page numbers from which the threads have been moved still remain. That wasn't the way things worked on the old site, but this is the first bit of pruning we've done so I guess it's a new discovery about the software.
  • I think I found the button to recalculate the counters.
  • I think I found the button to recalculate the counters.

Don't push the....................................................................ah. Too late

[plop]
  • Ah, yes: The Really Big Button That Doesn't Do Anything (Uncyclopedia)

Of course, this one does (Bored Button).*

*NOTE: It takes you to all sorts of places, randomly, so *possibly* NSFW. Though I haven't seen anything like that.
  • Pruned, maybe. But page 3 of All Saints refers to March 2018 at the latest and August 2017 at the earliest.

So where are the posts from a year ago??? Are they really all in oblivion??
  • Magic! They are all there now! Thank you whoever waved the wand!
  • HuiaHuia Shipmate
    I think I found the button to recalculate the counters.

I do trust you know what you're doing, but somehow the thought of a nuclear scientist pushing a button leaves me feeling a bit uneasy -still, better you than some world leaders.

Thanks GK
  • Thomasina, is your computer a discount furniture retailer?
  • RossweisseRossweisse Shipmate, 8th Day Host
    Simon Toad wrote: »
    Thomasina, is your computer a discount furniture retailer?
    That's a rather cryptic message.