Wielding the Hostly Hoover

PigletPiglet All Saints Host, Circus Host
edited January 24 in All Saints
At the beginning of a new year, thoughts turn to tidying up the boards.

If there are any threads that you think should be kept, please feel free to "bump" them.

Otherwise, any threads (except some obviously ongoing ones) with a last post date before the beginning of November will be hoovered up and sent to Oblivion at the end of next week.

The obituary threads will be kept in Glory, and the old national threads and last year's prayer thread in Limbo.

Thanks!

Piglet, AS host

Comments

• Baptist TrainfanBaptist Trainfan Shipmate
    edited January 20
    I'm glad to see you're using a Hoover rather than one of those stupidly expensive Dysons.

Sadly, Hoovers are no longer made in Merthyr Tydfil.
  • Sadly, Hoovers are no longer made in Merthyr Tydfil.
    Or Perivale.
  • When recruiting for a cleaner I read several CVs which thanks to auto-correct said that the applicant was experienced at hovering.
  • LothlorienLothlorien All Saints Host
    The Rogue wrote: »
    When recruiting for a cleaner I read several CVs which thanks to auto-correct said that the applicant was experienced at hovering.
    Autocorrect strikes again. Usually known down here as vacuuming not hoovering.

• The Rogue wrote: »
    When recruiting for a cleaner I read several CVs which thanks to auto-correct said that the applicant was experienced at hovering.

Ah, but there were hovering Hoovers back in the 1960s - my mum (much to my disgust) never wanted one, preferring an upright: https://tinyurl.com/yd9cll3z
  • HuiaHuia Shipmate
    I though the Hosts might have one of those nifty little robot cleaners - Roombas(?) .

I remember the hovering hoovers, though they were really expensive here. Mum swore by her Electrolux which she could use as a blower to dry wet gumboots. She was very inventive.
  • LothlorienLothlorien All Saints Host
    I loved my Roomba but it did not make the move.
  • Did it make its own way back to your previous abode, as Cats are said to do?

I'll get me coat....
  • I have my late Mother-in-law's Hoover that she bought in the 50's. It still works just fine, although I find it a bit heavy to use.
  • PigletPiglet All Saints Host, Circus Host
    This thread was really meant to be a reminder that threads with a last posting date of the beginning of November are going to be cleared away. If there are any you wish to keep, please bump them

Entertaining though the discussion of the merits of assorted vacuum cleaners is, I'll close it.

Thanks again,

Piglet, AS host
  • PigletPiglet All Saints Host, Circus Host
    Just re-opening this thread to remind you that if there are any threads in AS you particularly want to keep, please bump them now or forever hold your peace!

We'll be sending them to Oblivion at the weekend.

Thanks,

Piglet, AS host
This discussion has been closed.