Sadness

I’ve spent some time examining this issue before making this response.

The conclusion is that ‘The Ship’ is making a very serious ‘category error’ initially in the matter of sexuality but with also wider implications for moral discussion in general. Not only is ‘The Ship’ making this error, it is effectively committed to it, locked into it, and even appears determined to see this error imposed on, well, the whole world.

The error is defended so strenuously, so viciously, and with such bigotry that it is clear that intelligent discussion of the matter on ‘The Ship’ is simply impossible. I therefore have concluded that I at least have lots of better and more positive things to do with my time than to be involved with a ‘forum’ which is so wilfully intellectually compromised.

Precisely because the error is being so strenuously pushed it is only a matter of time before it is challenged and exposed, probably in a Supreme Court somewhere, and it will then be the case that (gay) pride will have ‘cometh before a fall’, and there will very likely be a considerable unpleasant – but sadly basically deserved – backlash. I will try to be among those who help in picking up the pieces….

Leaving, in sadness

Steve L.

Comments

• Doc TorDoc Tor Hell Host
    I am very sorry that you seem unable to see gay people as people, people deserving of even basic human rights as set out in the UNHCR, let alone extending to them those which are available under UK and EU law.

The backlash, if it comes, will be because we have an authoritarian fascist regime imposed on us. Until then, I will continue to discharge my duties here on the Ship in accordance with the legal framework of UK/EU law, and our own Commandments and ethos.
  • BoogieBoogie Shipmate
    I dearly hope there is no ‘fall’ for gay people.

Life is only just becoming equal for them and I pray that one day being gay will be seen no differently than hair colour is - by everyone, worldwide whatever country, religion or culture they live in.

🕯
  • Gee DGee D Shipmate
    I'm wondering how any such "error" on the Ship could come before any court to be judged.
  • There's no "policy", there's only people.
  • What error?

I mean, one can extrapolate your general complaint but to say that you have examined the issue, concluded that it's an error, alleged that the error "is defended so strenuously, so viciously, and with such bigotry that it is clear that intelligent discussion of the matter on ‘The Ship’ is simply impossible", and have chosen to leave us with a pompous self-righteous valediction without actually specifying what the error is is odd to say the least.

One thing I do know, assuming this grievous error is what I and others assume it is, your comment that "I at least have lots of better and more positive things to do with my time" is wrong. You have nothing positive to contribute anywhere.

• BoogieBoogie Shipmate
    edited April 10
    How about relocating to Brunei @Steve Langton? Their laws would suit you well, it seems.
  • RooKRooK Admin Emeritus
    This is not Ship's Business. Nor is this Hell. Thread closed.

-RooK
    Styx Host
This discussion has been closed.