AS: The Prayers of the People 2018

PigletPiglet All Saints Host, Circus Host
edited January 27 in Limbo
Anything, great or small, that needs to be brought to the attention of the Almighty, goes here.

Comments

• LothlorienLothlorien All Saints Host
    For Piglet and her family after the death of her father.
  • PigletPiglet All Saints Host, Circus Host
    For all in need, especially all whose lives are being disrupted by the Beast from the East!
  • Blessings for the new Ship and all of us just boarding. *argh, lost my candle prayer avatar*
  • RossweisseRossweisse Shipmate, 8th Day Host
    For Sydney, an 8-year-old girl who died of liver cancer last night.

For Jim, who is in hospice.

For all in need.

• JapesJapes Shipmate
    For all who have asked for our prayers.

For all who dare not ask, and whose needs are known to God alone.
  • For all in need.
  • AmosAmos Shipmate
    Reading and praying.
  • For the ship, all shipmates, and our departed friends from this strange, happy vessel.
  • For the Ship and all who sail on her.
  • For J, and everyone who is elderly or infirm and alone at home in the snow (or indeed isolated and frightened in any climate)
  • LuciaLucia Shipmate
    The snow is falling, I have a car which is reluctant to start in the cold and an important appointment to get my daughter to later today...
  • For all affected by Storm Emma (!).

For daisymay, who may not have been able to come aboard the new Ship.

Where's that candle emoticon?

IJ
  • SmudgieSmudgie Shipmate
    I would be grateful for your prayers. Feeling the need to leave teaching after a an injury at work, I applied for and got a dream job for the church. However they are having a real nightmare getting a reference from my Headteacher and I am worried because this year has not gone as well since the injury - I have had to take a disproportionate amount of time off work and this still continues while I have treatment - so they have not seen me at my best. I need to ask the Head to get on and do the reference but am ridiculously nervous. I don't want to lose the chance of this new job, though. The demands will be very different and I know it is where I should be. I'd appreciate your prayers that the reference gets done and sent off, that it is based on my potential and past performance and not on the disappointing year I have had, and that things begin to run smoothly with my transition out of teaching.
  • For Smudgie, and all having problems with w**k/ch***h etc.

(Where's that blessed CANDLE emoticon when you need it??)

:cry:

IJ
  • Prayers for all above.

Prayers for the ministers, mourners and funeral directors trying to get through the snow for services already arranged.
  • Prayers for all affected in any way by adverse weather conditions, by bereavement, by illness.
    And prayers for all who cannot find a way to board Ship Mk 2.
  • MargaretMargaret Shipmate
    Please pray for the repose of the soul of Anne, who was found stabbed to death in her own home yesterday, and for the comfort of her family.
    edited March 2018
    <votive> For Smudgie

<votive> For the repose of the soul of Anne, and for her family

<votive> For healing for Marsha

<votive> For all in need

• LuciaLucia Shipmate
    Thankful for a car that started, a safe journey and a useful appointment.
    For all in need, especially all affected by the weather; for Rossweisse's Jim; for Smudgie; and for the souls of Sydney and Anne. May they rest in peace and rise in glory.
  • For all the needs noted here and all those that are not.
  • Praying for all mentioned here.

<votive>

• We lost our electricity and I fell down a staircase in the dark. Am hoping I didn't break a river. It only hurts when I move.
    Oh Brenda, that does sound nasty! :cry:
    For you, and for all others in need.
  • :votive:

May everyone and everything do, feel, and be a bit better, and in the place of their best good.

May this Ship be blessed, and the old one never forgotten or devalued.

For me: usual stuff, and private intentions.

Thx.
  • DaffodilDaffodil Shipmate
    For those who are suffering in any way, for healing and peace.
    For those who mourn, for comfort and good memories.
    For those facing challenges, for wisdom and discernment.
    For those whose lives have been disrupted by the weather, good neighbours and a speedy thaw.
  • Prayer for all above, and for L who is in agony and who may need yet another operation.
    Lord, in your mercy, hear our prayers.
    <votive> For Brenda

<votive> For L

<votive> For all in need

<votive> for all in need.
  • Praying through
  • LibsLibs Shipmate
    Amen, Daffodil, amen.

(formerly posting as QLib)
  • Ouch, Brenda, prayers for speedy healing.

For Raptor Eye's , freedom from pain and healing.

For all in need of prayer.
  • Gee DGee D Shipmate
    Prayers particularly for Curiosity Killed and also for the neighbour who assaulted her.
  • Amen.

For all in need:
    Lord, have mercy.

Of your charity, pray for the soul of E., who died yesterday, and for her husband, R.

IJ
    For all in need, especially CK, and for the soul of BF's E.

May she rest in peace and rise in glory.
  • E. died after several years of suffering from dementia, and it seems that her body eventually just shut down, as it were.

Perhaps that's Nature's/god's way of dealing with this affliction?

votive candle anyway.

IJ
  • You bet, BF <votive>
  • MrsBeakyMrsBeaky Shipmate
    edited March 2018
    As a result of the brain damage he sustained at birth last year, my grandson BabyBeaky suffers from nasty spasms and seizures. Tomorrow he goes into hospital with his parents for a 24 hour EEG to investigate a way forward in controlling them.
    I am in awe of my daughter and her husband and their care for this little beauty. Life would be considerably improved for them all if the medics could successfully control these seizures so your prayers would be very much appreciated.

My prayers for all who have posted here and those we love.
  • Prayers for all above particularly BabyBeaky
  • BabyBeaky <votive>
  • Prayers for all.
    <votive> For BabyBeaky

<votive> For all

Prayer for baby Beaky, his parents and those caring for him. Step grandson was diagnosed with epilepsy , fortunately mild, some months ago and medication has just been tweaked, yet again. And prayer too for the grandparents as they help support his parents.
  • QohelethQoheleth Shipmate
    Prayers please for J. who is slipping away today. Heart failure after an operation has taken her from her husband and two sons. She is now on a life support machine awaiting donation of her organs. Let us pray for her safe arrival into the welcoming arms of our Lord.
  • I couldn't post this until I had permission, and this morning was given not only permission but encouragement to request prayers here. Sir Kevin and Zeke (names from the old Ship, haven't registered on the new Ship) were in a bad automobile accident in January; both had bone fractures. Zeke was back in our Choir today, but Sir Kevin is in a rehab facility. The accident on top of his Parkinsons is making life pretty difficult. Your prayers would be appreciated, and I'll be sure to share any posts with Zeke, since figuring out the new Ship is not her priority right now.
    < votive emoji >
    Thank you for the update Pigwidgeon. Prayers for them both.
  • bassobasso Shipmate
    Prayers for them both. Please let them know I said hello - we met a few times at shipmeets a long time ago.
    {{{Sir K., Zeke and Baby Beaky}}} <votive>
  • Gee DGee D Shipmate
    Prayers particularly for Curiosity Killed and also for the neighbour who assaulted her.
This discussion has been closed.