Hosting updates: Mamacita, Fineline, and... welcome BroJames

We're pleased to announce the minting of a brand new Host: @BroJames. He's come through his host hazing training with flying colours and is now ready to take on the arduous task of helping to look after Purgatory alongside @Barnabas62, @Gwai, and @Eliab.

@fineline, meanwhile, is being rewarded for a hard stint in Purgatory with an exciting career move, joining @Moo to help host Kerygmania.

In turn, this move allows current Kerygmania host @Mamacita to enjoy a well-earned rest after many years of hosting.

We've been ignoring her requests to step down for about a year now, since she's been doing such a good job, but we've finally relented, and welcome the opportunity to move Crew around some more and have some new blood.

So congratulations are in order for @BroJames, thanks and best wishes for the new position to @fineline, and huge thanks to @Mamacita!

Eutychus
SoF Admin

Comments

• LothlorienLothlorien All Saints Host
    edited April 29
    Thanks to Mamacita for the hard work, congratulations to the new Purg team with BroJames and thanks fineline for stepping into Kerygmania to allow Mamacita to retire. Enjoy your little granddaughter Mamacita.
  • MaryLouiseMaryLouise Shipmate
    Many thanks to @fineline and @Mamacita, and welcome to @BroJames. And a big thank you to all the hosts and admins who keep the Ship buoyant and lively!
  • Curiosity killedCuriosity killed Shipmate, 8th Day Host
    Many thanks to @Mamacita for all her work here, @fineline is a brilliant match for Kergymania, thanks to her for taking it on.

@BroJames - thank you for taking on Purg.
  • Wet KipperWet Kipper Shipmate
    Thanks to all for their service, and good luck to @BroJames
  • Barnabas62Barnabas62 Purgatory Host, Dead Horses Host
    BroJames, a very warm welcome from me. fineline, I've really enjoyed working with you in Purg and it's good to see you extend your versatility with a move to Keryg.

And Mamacita! What a star! Enjoy your well earned retirement.
  • NicoleMRNicoleMR Shipmate
    Congrats to all.
  • finelinefineline Kerygmania Host
    I am looking forward to working with Moo in Keryg. I have very much enjoyed working with Barnabas, Gwai and Eliab in Purg. Thank you to BroJames for taking on Purg. And thank you to Mamacita for all her work over the years.
  • jedijudyjedijudy Heaven Host
    Welcome to the Hostly Crew, @BroJames!
    Many thanks to @fineline for your time in Purg, and I know you'll do very well in Keryg!
    @Mamacita, thank you for all your years working on the Ship. You are going to be missed very, very much backstage! I hope retirement and Grandma life will be full of joy for you!
  • RossweisseRossweisse Shipmate, 8th Day Host
    Bravi tutti!
  • BroJamesBroJames Purgatory Host
    Thanks for the welcome. I’ve had a little wander round the hosts’ lounge. The furniture is rather old-fashioned and worn, but comfortable, and there’s a good fire.

@Eutychus said one of the perks was being able to add stock to the drinks cupboard, so I cleared out a surprising quantity of empty GIN bottles, and added two or three choice single malts.

I had a look at the various notice boards, and faded photographs of the sporting and other achievements of past hosts. There was a surprising range of things in the umbrella stand - mostly elderly farm implements in need of cleaning, apparently.

The thing in the corner by the extractor fan that looked like a Cumberland sausage with a handful of black feathers I steered clear of. Some things it’s better not to know about. :cold_sweat:
  • I thought we told @Mamacita to take that... thing with her?
    Oh it was hers, was it. I had someone else in mind, and didn’t want to get involved.
  • I'm not saying whose it was. But taking it out was supposed to have been part of her redundancy package.
  • MamacitaMamacita Shipmate
    Hey, I told you I'd clear out the GIN bottles. That I took the ones that weren't empty is merely a technicality.

As for that thing behind the fan, if I can't identify something I don't touch it. Besides, I think I saw it move a little.
  • cliffdwellercliffdweller Shipmate
    Thankful for all our hardworking hosts who put up with all us scalawags!
  • ClimacusClimacus Shipmate
    Indeed.

I'm very much a lurker in Keryg, and have appreciated Mamacita's expert guiding hand (trouble makers those Keryg posters are! :wink: )

Commiserations, sorry, Congratulations!, BroJames!

And enjoy the change in decks, fineline; I'm sure Mamacita and Moo have refurbished your quarters in a most biblically-pleasing way (gopher wood panelling?)
  • PigletPiglet All Saints Host, Circus Host
    Mamacita wrote: »
    ... As for that thing behind the fan, if I can't identify something I don't touch it. Besides, I think I saw it move a little.
    @Lothlorien, have you been bringing your pet emu into work again? :mrgreen:

• LothlorienLothlorien All Saints Host
    edited May 2
    No. It could be a snake. Or perhaps a large huntsman spider which is harmless. Or a drop bear having a snooze.
  • PigletPiglet All Saints Host, Circus Host
    Lothlorien wrote: »
    No. It could be a snake ...
    Please not! :fearful:
  • FirenzeFirenze Purgatory Host, Host Emeritus
    Will someone get it to shut up with the ‘Nevermore’ already?
    Better summon RooK (if you dare). The feathers make it look as if it might be something to do with him.
  • FirenzeFirenze Purgatory Host, Host Emeritus
    edited May 4
    BroJames wrote: »
    Better summon RooK (if you dare).

We’ve only just got the blood out of the carpet from the last time. (And whoever brought the LPs of 60s folk - I said pentagram not Pentangle).
  • MamacitaMamacita Shipmate
    In the midst of this hilarity, I want to thank everyone for the nice comments and well-wishes.

All the best to @BroJames and @fineline!
    Thank you @Mamacita, and thank you for your hard work on the boards over the years.