Amusing website

MooMoo Kerygmania Host
I came across a website for generating university titles. I thought you all might enjoy it.

Comments

• RossweisseRossweisse Shipmate
    Oh, that's fun. Thank you, Moo!

Rossweisse // sometime adjunct professor

• Deputy Assistant Liaison to the Office of Athletic Affairs

Hm, I think Associate Chair of the Task Force on Dining Planning might be a better fit...
  • BroJamesBroJames Purgatory Host
    Executive Vice Chancellor of the Office of Learning Affairs

My colleague, the Non-Executive Vice Chancellor of the Office of Learning Affairs, does all the real work, but I get the pay and the fancy robes for Convocations, degree ceremonies etc.
  • I suspect that some Church organisations (Dioceses/) might learn from this ...
  • Hmm. Principal Associate Chair of the Task Force on Employee Diversity has a nice ring to it. I might consider renaming the "Admin" role here on the Ship...
  • I recently volunteered to help out in a local church choir. I suggested that I should be called an Associate Temporary Supernumerary Vicar Choral.
  • Curiosity killedCuriosity killed Shipmate
    edited April 30
    First attempt was Deputy Coordinator of the Subcommittee for Community Planning, which amused me. Clicking the button as that wasn't prestigious enough for me:
    Associate Dean of the Task Force on Community Communications

It's determined to place me in a community role.
    Ooh! Ooh! Can you find a good title for RooK? (Dare you…?)
  • Well you could have Deputy Dean of the Subcommittee for Dining Technology which at estimated salary of $237,810 pays roughly 3.5 times the salary for the first role I found at $79k. Or how about Assistant Chancellor of the Task Force on Alumni Climate with an estimated salary of $428,888, which might fit @RooK
  • RooKRooK Admin Emeritus
    [squints]
    It's very bright up here.

I'm not accustomed to venturing up here other than to try to lure @Belisarius to Hell. Perhaps "lure" was the wrong term, but memories of the Heaven-Hell War are best left fuzzy.

My favourite title Ship-wise was granted by @bunnywithanaxe : "Agnostic Apostle for the Ideologically Entrenched", which I do for shits and giggles.
  • sionisaissionisais Shipmate
    "Deputy Vice President of the Committee on Strategic Donor Climate"
    which sounds like I go round meetings for the parents of would-be students handing out guilt-trips. All in line with college guidelines you understand.
  • BelisariusBelisarius Admin Emeritus
    (Hey, I got tagged! I do glance at some Hell threads, RooK--baby steps...)

I'll have to wait until I get home to see my title--my Company firewall considers the site suspect.
    Well, since @Doc Tor decapitated your charm offensive in Hell, I probably shouldn't totally derail this thread with a link to an epic thread of yesteryear.

But I will anyway: Oh, That Sarkycow!
    Ah, memories...

I decided to take risk of being detected by IT and got the following--

Principal Assistant Chancellor of the Committee on Alumni Outreach

Estimated salary: $183,384
  • balaambalaam Shipmate
    Deputy Associate Executive for the Committee on Dining Excellence.

In non-academic speak it means I get paid for eating stuff. If only that position was real.
  • I think your new title suits you quite well, @Rook.

(Except that @Belisarius seems to have it too. Oops).
    I'm assuming a few others as well.
    Considering the circumstances, I'd like to hereby suggest that our titles be upgraded to "Insufferable Pompous Asshole". And then we set wagers on how long before RuthW incinerates us all with death glowers, since she would be likewise labelled.
  • EutychusEutychus Admin
    edited April 30
    I was hoping to leave it long enough to arouse plenty of mockery for you, but not quite long enough for her to notice...
    Belisarius wrote: »
    I'm assuming a few others as well.
    Apparently the Chancellor of the Task Force on Alumni Climate needs a lot of help.
  • I got President of Pennsylvania State University (nice salary $2,906,721) which sounds very plausible, am I missing something?
    Someone else has already got that one.
  • Not for much longer, I have the internets on my side.
  • mousethiefmousethief Shipmate
    Principal Assistant Provost for Student Communications to the Task Force on Neighborhood Compliance. Salary $123,940.
  • RossweisseRossweisse Shipmate
    Deputy Chancellor of the Committee on Alumni Affairs; Estimated salary: $372,350.

It's modest, but I can always work my way up.

• PigletPiglet All Saints Host, Circus Host
    Assistant President of the Office of Learning Affairs; estimated salary $214,809.

I note that it doesn't specify (a) whose affairs I'm going to be learning about; or (b) what sort of dollars they are - Canadian? American? Australian? I've just had a look at a currency converter, and I think I'll have Cayman Island dollars, which are currently worth $1.62 Canadian, and the best exchange rate I could get.

I can start next Monday.