Mornington Crescent - Return Ticket

Comments

• Given deep level rules, Chancery Lane and invoking the Jarndyce writ
  • But haven't you forgotten to balance that with the Hopkinson-Smythe Daylight Saving (1942) Directive which, as you may recall, was challenged in the High Court, however the case was never completed due to the Judge's fear of centipedes? Blake Hall.
  • Wet KipperWet Kipper Shipmate
    edited May 2019
    Helps us all in shuffling along nicely

I think I'm close, but not close enough at the moment. I must have dropped a blue token at some point and they're hard to spot on this carpet.

Crossharbour
  • la vie en rougela vie en rouge Purgatory Host, Circus Host, 8th Day Host
    I on the other hand have a whole stack of blue tokens and if I don’t play them quick the game might be over before I make the most of them.

Given that they count double South of the River, Brixton.
  • {Just visiting ...}
    as well as "just visiting", BT, are you also "just waiting" to pounce at an opportune moment ?

Pinner
  • BroJamesBroJames Purgatory Host, 8th Day Host
    Hmm Pinner, Eh? I think I'll invoke the Aldgate Triangle double switch

Dagenham Heathway

(I'd have gone for Dagenham East, but there's no wheelchair access.)
  • PigletPiglet All Saints Host, Circus Host
    edited May 2019
    Oh well, as we're in what my Beloved would call God's Own County*, I might as well go and visit my mother-in-law:

Colchester North

* I appreciate that not everyone will agree with him ...
  • Objection, m'lady: there actually isn't a station called Colchester North, although everyone calls it that. Better go to St. Botolph's, for some retro shopping at Gunton's.
  • SipechSipech Shipmate
    Given that it's a Wednesday before a bank holiday, I suppose Bat & Ball is the way to go.
  • balaambalaam Shipmate
    Or all the way to Shaw and Crompton on the Manchester Metrolink.
  • But are you allowed to cross the Pennines now that the Woodhead Route is closed? Might be safer to stay on the east side and go to South Gyle. Just beware of rutting haggaii - they're particularly randy at this time of year.
    Ooh, did someone mention shopping? I love Gunton's - that wonderful coffee aroma! And then the Gyle ...

However, I digress. Have you really got another bank holiday so soon? I've got lots of blue tokens, so assuming the Piccadilly Line isn't in Nidd,

Knightsbridge
  • Baptist TrainfanBaptist Trainfan Shipmate
    edited May 2019
    You are extremely lucky: "PICCADILLY LINE: From about 00:01 on Saturday 25, and all day Sunday 26 and Bank Holiday Monday 27 May, no service between Hammersmith and Heathrow (all terminals) / Uxbridge due to track replacement work." We'll just bide a wee while at Cowcaddens, that should be well out of the way.

PS I've never actually been to Gunton's - will the Factory Shop at Tiptree do?
    ... PS I've never actually been to Gunton's - will the Factory Shop at Tiptree do?
    Absolutely - it's a must-do every time we're over!
    [/tangent]

As it's not a Bank Holiday weekend in Scotland (correct me if I'm wrong), a transverse shunt to Burntisland should be safe enough, and will give me a nice little dose of nostalgia, reminding me of travelling to Edinburgh for weekends when I was a student in Aberdeen.

Ah, the joys of a student rail-card!

• Seeing as you have suggested Aberdeen, then let's visit Stonehaven to visit Dunnottar Castle for the bank holiday weekend and enjoy the delights of Stonehaven, as seen on the Haggis Hunt video coverage.
  • {Gosh, that takes me back ... Haggis Hunt, eh?}
  • SipechSipech Shipmate
    Let's avoid the trap of getting stuck on the coastline for too long.

Winnersh Triangle
  • Do you think you're going to flummox us with geometry? Well, you won't succeed: Pentagon Transit Centre. Put that on your SmartTrip card and smoke it!
    Green Square

And I get some bonus tokens - though I'll need to wait a day to turn them the right way up to be able to use them
  • balaambalaam Shipmate
    Do to a non working link, it is across to help the Indians celebrate their election result at Lokmanya Tilak Terminus.
  • I'll move across the continent to Vatlur railway station near Eluru.
    edited May 2019
    From which it's a neat backwards double reverse flip to Snaresbrook. (via Flinders Street).
    It's getting close
    Carnforth
  • SipechSipech Shipmate
    Try not to get lost on the way to Mudchute.
    From there even I couldn't get lost going to

Island Gardens
  • FirenzeFirenze Shipmate, Host Emeritus
    I dunno. I go away for a day or so and I come back to find things more pear-shaped than a very pearlike thing.

Can we all calm down, recalibrate our sundials, and assemble in an orderly fashion at Victoria .

Thank you.
  • Don't you really mean Royal Victoria?
  • And into the next parallel, Βικτώρια (Victoria) station (Athens)
    maybe Firenze meant Manchester Victoria ?
    Or possibly Victoria, British Columbia

Dammit - now I've used up all my green counters.
  • Jengie JonJengie Jon Shipmate
    balaam wrote: »
    Or all the way to Shaw and Crompton on the Manchester Metrolink.

How did I miss the chance to visit my sister!

Now just to keep in the play I will have to choose Norwich Victoria which gives others a chance to play the Dame Julian Gambit

• Which, of course, takes us to Rayner's Lane (change for Uxbridge).
    As I mentioned when I last took us there, I'm not sure it is supposed to have an apostrophe.
    did you get it from the grocer's, or perhaps
    Shepherd's Bush Market ?
  • la vie en rougela vie en rouge Purgatory Host, Circus Host, 8th Day Host
    Oh, Shepherd’s Bush – world’s best English breakfast, assuming that greasy spoon caff is still there. We’ll be needing to walk some of those calories off after.

Hyde Park Corner
  • Or better, if less fashionable, Epping (for the Forest).
  • SipechSipech Shipmate
    Using the Tree Imperative? Neat.
    Hope that Wood Lane isn't the end of the line.
  • No, not enough trees. Forest Hill.
    too many trees

Ladbroke Grove
  • Seven Sisters: http://tiny.cc/gnse7y. Just the right number of trees!
    oops
    Burnt Oak
  • If you really want to get to Epping Forest, there are better stops than Epping - Theydon Bois is much nearer.
    is that pronounced as "boys" or "bwahs" ?
  • BroJamesBroJames Purgatory Host, 8th Day Host
    Boys, je pense (I think)

Forest Hill
  • Dduallt (Rheilffordd Ffestiniog). Pedestrian access only.
  • SipechSipech Shipmate
    Assuming that Baptist Trainfan's cat didn't just walk across the keyboard, I would propose that a trip to Leagrave is in order.
    edited May 2019
    The cat died several years ago ...https://www.festipedia.org.uk/wiki/Dduallt

• balaambalaam Shipmate
    Talking of cats, off to Huddersfield to see Felix and Bolt.
    And off south again to visit Larry, so we'd better get off at
    Westminster

• Jengie JonJengie Jon Shipmate
    Well if we are up that way then a trip to Mirfield maybe in order.