Life downunder

LothlorienLothlorien All Saints Host
edited February 24 in All Saints

Comments

• ZappaZappa Ecclesiantics Host
    Welcome, antipodeans
  • Greetings from the windy capital.
  • Hello, I'm pretty much a lurker these days but couldn't resist registering for the shiny new ship & waving at my fellow Antipodean sailors.
  • LothlorienLothlorien All Saints Host
    Just finishing breakfast here and reading now the rest of the world has caught up to us. Second coffee on the way for much needed wake up call.
    Just mentioning in case people have not seen it yet, your post count appears next to your name at the top.
  • Made it!
  • RowenRowen Shipmate
    So, here we are... all autumnal and everything (at least in the Victorian Alps)
    Good morning, folks
  • Morning, all
    Still the same Arleigh, still Daily Lurker around here ...
  • PigletPiglet All Saints Host
    I really ought to say hello while I'm strolling through.

Hello! :smile:
    Half your luck, Rowen. Warm and sticky here again after s few days a bit cooler. Actually, days are mostly fine but last night was too hot after a couple of cooler evenings.
    I could send you some snow ... :grin:
    Thnaks but no. It would be slush in no time flat.
  • VulpiorVulpior Shipmate
    My my, it is very shiny here. Happy Autumn, all under-dwellers.
  • MaryLouiseMaryLouise Shipmate
    Clocking in from the sun-blasted southern hemisphere, enjoying all the new avatars. Very taken with my Mary Ward.

Zappa, um, who is your avatar? I feel I should know.
    Welcome here, Vulpior. Autumn can't arrive quickly enough for me.
  • I got all tangled up but I hope I'm securely here now. And I found a new avatar but didn't get round to attaching it so I'll get tangled up doing that tomorrow.
    Welcome, GG. Go to profile and you will see link to add avatar.click and follow instructions. Pull it up from wherever it is found and enter URL and there you go!
  • HuiaHuia Shipmate
    I waited until I had sorted other computer problems before joiningso I would be calm and composed if I stuffed up - but I didn't stuff up. (where's the Yippee?)
  • New rainwater tank delivered this afternoon. Now all we need is a storm or two to fill it up.
    Huia wrote: »
    I waited until I had sorted other computer problems before joiningso I would be calm and composed if I stuffed up - but I didn't stuff up. (where's the Yippee?)

Huia, I have not been through all the emoticons but if you use a colon then a list of some will pop up. There are also other ways of coding them but settle in first. Sadly there is not yet an icon of a candle for prayers, but someone will find something, I am sure. :smile:

New rainwater tank delivered this afternoon. Now all we need is a storm or two to fill it up.

I was checking weatherzone earlier today and storms are forecast soon. Hope you get them. When we had land at Wollombi, we missed much of the rain. It passed us by. We had what appeared to be a dry creek bed, but there was water underneath. We dug and lined a well by ourselves and installed a pump to pump up to clean , heavy duty plastic containers. Before power was installed, milk in screw containers, butter in a larger container etc was lowered into well on long ropes to keep cool. It worked well but untangling ropes was quite a chore.

Just checked again. Thunderstorms Monday and heavy rain Tuesday is forecast. Hope it reaches you.
  • Gee DGee D Shipmate
    After lots of problems, now solved thanks to Mili and Barnabas 62, I've boarded the new ship and am now finding my way around.
  • rexoryrexory Shipmate
    A new ship is a bit confusing for us old folk! Will probably find my way around, though.
  • Saying Hi! from Aus. I feel like I probably know a couple of you in real life given the locations. Have nothing else of interest to add, except I wish we had more grey weather and less blue skies!
  • Greetings Antipodean Shippersons!
  • HuiaHuia Shipmate
    edited March 2
    WoooHoo two new people at once, or are you old friends who have changed your names? Whichever it is good to see you.

And Duck, (how to put this delicately???) , your problem might be solved if you only drank flat liquids, like gin, or whisky for example, :wink:

Huia
  • I am hiding behind a rather out-dated avatar but it really;y is me.

GG
    edited March 2
    I also am hiding but the avatar photo was taken a couple of weeks ago to celebrate new glasses. Not much change in the script at all, but the former pair was seven years old and getting rather fragile.

Greetings from an All Saints Host to those who are new. I’m in Sydney. If you have any questions, please ask and I will try to answer, bearing in mind we are all finding our way around new site. Piglet, our other Host, is making her way home to Canada from Orkney but is having problems from snow falls.
  • adampateradampater Shipmate
    Greetings Antipodean Shippersons!

Ka-boom tish
  • MaryLouiseMaryLouise Shipmate
    Good to see you, GeeD, I saw you were having problems getting here.
  • Dark KnightDark Knight Shipmate
    I am here.
  • Gee DGee D Shipmate
    MaryLouise wrote: »
    Good to see you, GeeD, I saw you were having problems getting here.

Good to see you also, along with all the others.

I needed the clue that my email may have been treating the confirmation reply as spam or junk. I looked there and found no fewer than 17 confirmations!
  • APWAPW Shipmate
    Hallo from the sauna that is the Kapiti Coast. Today I discovered that I can sweat while swimming. But it was great being in the water.

And particularly hello to AdamPater, who I haven't seen for a while and would like to...
  • EvensongEvensong Shipmate
    *waves*

• Huia wrote: »

And Duck, (how to put this delicately???) , your problem might be solved if you only drank flat liquids, like gin, or whisky for example, :wink:

Huia

I find that sticking my beak in a beaker of an effervescent draught calms my tummy :wink:

• Simon ToadSimon Toad Shipmate
    Rowen wrote: »
    So, here we are... all autumnal and everything (at least in the Victorian Alps)
    Good morning, folks

Some trees are turning in central Vic but we are a couple of weeks shy of the big tree going yellow.
    I am here.

And for the first time your avatar doesn't look like penguin sittng on a rock.
    APW wrote: »
    Hallo And particularly hello to AdamPater, who I haven't seen for a while and would like to...

:blush: :wave:
  • MooMoo Kerygmania Host
    Adam Pater, glad to see you again.
    I'll join in the chorus welcoming newbies and old hands alike.

Piglet, another AS host
  • Hello everyone! Still need to think of a new avatar, but it's nice to see the new ship up and sailing. :smiley:
    Good morning UC. Good to see you.
  • Gads, it does take some getting used to - especially the new requirements for a password. But FINALLY made it through! :-)
  • ClimacusClimacus Shipmate
    Hello all from warm Albury.

Very nice and shiny. And great to see familiar and new faces in the avatars.
  • ClarenceClarence Shipmate
    Hi all! Nice to see some old shipmates.

Getting the hang of the new vessel - but nice to have something more phone-friendly!
  • Foaming DraughtFoaming Draught Shipmate
    edited March 4
    Nice to see you, too, Clarence :wink:
  • Foaming DraughtFoaming Draught Shipmate
    edited March 4
    There are three bridges over the creek between our pad and the main road. At 1.3m one of them is out, that's enough to maroon us one side or the other, at 2.5m they'll all be out. But we're snug at home.

bom.gov.au/fwo/IDQ65389/IDQ65389.540444.plt.shtml

Surely a duck, even flatulent, can swim in the flooded creek??
  • The duck can, but his car can’t.