Chasing the black dog

1192021222325»

Comments

• Sympathies from me. I seem to be currently slightly manic, probably not helped by having a rather intense online conference this week, which brought up a conflict on inclusivity and disability in policy at work (a subject that touches nerves, disability sometimes seems to be not treated as seriously as other inequalities). I think for a couple of days I will be limiting my use of the internet to give my brain a break.
  • ClimacusClimacus Shipmate
    I can definitely sympathise with that. I've just done so.

Hope you are feeling less manic Heavenlyannie.

And best wishes to all.
  • Love and prayers to all those posting here. I hope the work thing is better LVER, and Heavenlyannie’s fatigue is improving.
    I am fairly well. Have had a few lost OCD hours of the “check an email 87,000 times” but it’s not been too awful, and it’s an hour here and there, not an evening lost, which it was earlier in the year.
    And belatedly, I wanted to say yes and thank you to all those who posted about irritability, argumentativeness and anxiety. I’ve never been backward in coming forward, but I had 2 blazing rows at church last year which with hindsight were anxiety fuelled, at least in severity. I still cringe when I think about them. I wish I’d known about the anxiety and irritability thing years ago.
  • me too. It's a weird realization to come to, so many years on.
  • DooneDoone Shipmate
    I find the ‘bubbling anxiety just below the surface’ is getting more prevalent for me at the moment, compounded by my usual coping strategies being off limits because of lockdown. Praying for us all trying to manage our mental health 🙏.
  • Simon ToadSimon Toad Shipmate
    I've been good these past few weeks, although 5 covid tests suggests I'm both a careful disability support worker and a little bit of a hypochondriac. Good hypochondria...
  • Simon Toad wrote: »
    I've been good these past few weeks, although 5 covid tests suggests I'm both a careful disability support worker and a little bit of a hypochondriac. Good hypochondria...

Or you really enjoy having your sinus swabbed. :neutral:
  • HuiaHuia Shipmate
    You would have to be seriously kinky to enjoy that. :confounded: