PLEASE READ

LothlorienLothlorien All Saints Host
Welcome to the new boards. After some discussion with Piglet who is visiting family, I have copied over the most popular threads from the old boards. A link has been given in some cases for continuity.

Please feel free to start a thread here, if I have missed your favourite, or to start any new threads.

The old boards will be read only as we are here. You will not be able to write new comments there.

Comments

• LothlorienLothlorien All Saints Host
    Happy sailing to all.
  • PigletPiglet All Saints Host, Circus Host
    Bon voyage indeed - a good journey and smooth seas!
  • AmosAmos Shipmate
    Bon voyage. Just about to stow my duffelbag and look around.
  • Thanks, Loth.
  • Thank you, Loth.
  • (No candle emoticon?)
  • Bon voyage, all! Anyone feeling queasy yet?
    No?
    Jolly good!

IJ
  • Rossweisse wrote: »
    (No candle emoticon?)

No, but I’ve found a smile!

:smiley:

• Barnabas62Barnabas62 Purgatory Host, Epiphanies Host
    Afraid not. :heart: :pensive: is as good as I've found as an alternative.
  • JapesJapes Shipmate
    Made it! Thanks, Loth.
  • Daily lurker and infrequent poster coming aboard the new Ship with some trepidation - but with very many thanks to all who have worked so hard for many months (?years) to arrive at launch day. Melangell
  • Boarding completed - looking forward to having a look around. Many thanks to everyone who got this ship launched.
  • So far I've managed not to hit my head on a beam (yet) whilst looking round the new Ship, and I'm v glad to be here!
  • I’m back!
    Hope you all have been well
  • Steps gingerly onto the boarding ramp and hopes not to take an unintended dip...
  • On board and settling in to my cabin
  • Safely on board and hoping for a (fairly) calm voyage
  • Have just slung my hammock - better than slinging my hook, I hope!

Mrs. S, feeling the deck lift beneath her feet :smiley:
  • I must say, I rather like the new look. Clean. Snazzy. I like the cut of her jib.
  • Not posted for years but have been a daily lurker. Hope new Ship will give the push I need to post!
  • wondering why I was asked to confirm my password four times!
    I actually did that a few times, and then found it had really happened the first time and I had not see the confirmation of it. Have a look around to make sure you see where features are in a a new environment. I now am not so quick to assume nothing happened.
  • HuiaHuia Shipmate
    Wow, I made it - I hope.

Thanks to all the background workers, and to Loth and Piglet
  • Safely aboard. I like the look of the new format.
    Welcome
  • welshdragonwelshdragon Shipmate
    edited March 2018
    Happy St David's Day! (it's snowing here)
  • JacobsenJacobsen Shipmate
    Great to have made it. Thanks for all that hard preparatory work. :cookie: :cookie: :cookie:s all round.
  • DormouseDormouse Shipmate
    Now, smilies/emojis/whatever is something I've not found. Where are they stowed?
  • Barnabas62 wrote: »
    Afraid not. :heart: :pensive: is as good as I've found as an alternative.

There's also :heartbreak: . But I don't think either has the same evocative sense of prayer as a votive. Maybe :heartbreak: :pensive:

Dormouse, type a colon (:) followed by a letter-- hopefully the letter for the emotion you're trying to convey-- to get emoticon options.
  • On board but feeling seasick. Confused by BBCode and such and all the shiny newness. I am eating crackers and sucking lemons in my bunk. Will hope to get sea legs in the weeks to come. Typed a colon and vomit. No alternative found.
  • BroJamesBroJames Purgatory Host
    edited March 2018
    @Dormouse balaam was experimenting on the BB Code practice thread in Styx and has created a list of smilies (or whatever they’re called)
  • MMMMMM Shipmate
    First post for me! Also feeling a bit seasick and slightly upset that I couldn't keep M. as my name.

It has taken me until this morning to realise it's BB Code and not BBC Code (I had wondered why).

MMM, used to be M.
    Perhaps the swell and queasy feel will soon go. Take it easy and have a look around
  • anoesisanoesis Shipmate
    I'm here, too - good to see you guys. Thanks for keeping old usernames, where possible. (I can probably cope with remembering M. is now MMM)
  • It's good to see that so many Shipmates from previous voyages have signed on, even if they've had to change their name in the Muster Book.

Any queasiness experienced in these first few days of the Voyage can be easily ameliorated by the purchase of virtual GIN or RUM. Send your order to Me at the Episcopal Palace (Purser's Office), and My People will deal as soon as possible with Your People.

Our rates per firkin or puncheon are very reasonable, but stocks are limited.

IJ
    It's very good of you to take on the role of Chief Victualler, BF - a most vital function! :smiley:
  • DaffodilDaffodil Shipmate
    I sporadically read posts on the ship, but to be honest I got lost in all the quotes and quotations. This new clean look is much simpler to follow. Congratulations & thanks to those who put in all the hard work which enables this to happen.
  • Feeling much better today thanks for all who have helped by explaining things. Graven Image who is now up and moving around on deck.
  • AnnieDAnnieD Shipmate
    Gosh, it's been a long while. I have lost my custom avatar (but frankly, I don't deserve to have one, and I am no longer involved in making food, so perhaps I should just change it anyway). So I am here. Many shippies on FB discussing the "good old days". Perhaps we can be tempted back to make some good new ones too. Nice to see the ship is shiny and new. See you around... ;)
  • molopatamolopata Shipmate
    Have just arrived, slow as usual - thanks again to everyone who has been busy welding this new tub together! Looks slick and glossy, and full of exciting new functions, although I will still take a while to get used to it.
    I'm off for another wonder around to see who else is here and what they've been up to.

BTW - have been wanting to change my avatar for ages, but have decided to stick with it for just now.
  • I'm still feeling very much like when I have moved into a new house. Friends have helped me unpack and put things away, but now I need to figure out just where they put the dooflutchies. And I always kept my thingamajig in that closet off the kitchen, but the new house doesn't have a closet off the kitchen, so nether the thingamajig nor I know where it belongs. It will all sort itself out in time, I'm sure.
  • NuthatchNuthatch Shipmate
    This all feels very strange but I think I am gradually getting used to the new look.
    (This is a sort of test post to see if I can actually do it :smile: )

Nuthatch - previously Abigail
  • NuthatchNuthatch Shipmate
    Ooh, looks like it worked. That's a relief. Now to explore the rest of the boards :smiley:
  • SarasaSarasa Shipmate
    Like the new name Nuthatch.

I'm liking it all so far, it saved a draft of a post that I thought had vanished into the ether, a very good feature. Still need to practice the emoticons or whatever their called though.
  • VetchVetch Shipmate
    oooh! I feel like a cat that can't stop circling on the chair. Hello all. :smile:
  • NicoleMRNicoleMR Shipmate
    BTW, no one else seems to have mentioned, but on the header to the board it says if you're new you should post on the welcome thread... but there is no official pinned welcome thread.
    OOOPs. I see Piglet has got there first and fixed it. I knew I would make some muddle in those last few days before we went live. Thank you Nicole for pointing it out.
  • NicoleMRNicoleMR Shipmate
    No problem. :smile:
    Thanks Nicole! :)
  • It's starting to feel quite familiar, a bit like the good old Welly-to-Picton trip without the wheeling seagulls and the wind-in-your-hair. I shall miss some sigs, especially Ricardus's, since Tobias's dog is a special favourite of mine.
    But otherwise – all good.

GG