Grandparenting

1235»

Comments

• Both Dragonlets were in cloth nappies, but neither of them were in a hurry to potty train and come out of them. No. 1 was over 3, and No. 2 not quite 3 when they decided that they were ready, at which point it was very quick.
  • I had intended to potty train the Loon late, to avoid potty training coinciding with the arrival of the Quinie. However the Loon realised that asking for the potty was a sure-fire way of getting me to put the new baby down and focus on him. It was almost effortless on my part. Alas, the Quinie had no such incentive and was entirely disinterested.
  • Miss S was clean and dry by 18 months (honestly, Nen, I didn't push her at all) and I had just managed to get Master S dry at night by 3, which is when Miss S was born. Having two in cloth nappies would have been unbearable!

The other disadvantage of reusables is their bulk - today's clothes just don't fit over them!

In other news, TIG #2 had a stay and play session at nursery - given that he's hardly been away from his home, or stayed with anyone else, in months, he did really well. Today it's his big brother's turn, but at school (eeek!) Fingers crossed...
  • HuiaHuia Shipmate
    I hope the day went well for him Mrs S.
  • Apparently so, thank you, @Huia ! He played very nicely with the other children, and will be going every afternoon next week.
  • BoogieBoogie Shipmate
    Anuka, ten months old, is walking. 💕

Ten steps!

https://youtu.be/Kic4H1Ta9tg
  • PigletPiglet All Saints Host, Circus Host
    Clever Anuka! :heart:
  • NenyaNenya Shipmate
    Boogie wrote: »

Ten steps!

Yay! Go, Anuka! Is it her talking as well?
  • BoogieBoogie Shipmate
    Nenya wrote: »
    Boogie wrote: »

Ten steps!

Yay! Go, Anuka! Is it her talking as well?

Hehe 😂

That is Dayda (Mummy) speaking Georgian.

• The new Grandbaby arrived this afternoon :)
    A boy, 5.195kg, which is 11 lb 2 oz (and a bit) in old money. Makes my eyes water just thinking about it. My two were both 7lb 6oz, and quite big enough, thank you!

No idea when we will get to meet him - he'll probably be walking before then :(
  • If he's eleven pounds, he'll probably be walking next week!
  • jedijudyjedijudy Heaven Host, 8th Day Host
    Congratulations, @Roseofsharon ! That's a big boy!!!
    I do hope you will get to see him before he's walking!

My daughter-in-law and I are scheming to get together in a park so I can see her and my granddaughter for the first time since Christmas! Oh, I hope, I hope!
  • HuiaHuia Shipmate
    Jedijudy, I hope you and your daughter-in-law can work out something -= fingers crossed for you.
  • DooneDoone Shipmate
    Congratulations!
    The new Grandbaby arrived this afternoon :)
    A boy, 5.195kg, which is 11 lb 2 oz (and a bit) in old money ...
    Crikey! One of my nephews was that size - my sister's first three children were all big, and when the fourth arrived at only 7lb something, she seemed tiny (I think "wee squit" was the expression her late father used).

Huge (!) congratulations to all involved, and welcome, Giant Grandson!
  • Thank you for your good wishes.
    Your prayers would now be appreciated, as Grandbaby is now on a ventilator for a lung infection. DiL weak from excessive blood loss has not seen him since the delivery so is understandably worried & weepy, especially as she may be discharged tomorrow, but baby will have to stay over the weekend.
    Childcare arrangements for the 3yr old run out at the weekend, so our son is trying to sort that out, as well as comfort and reassure his wife.
  • DooneDoone Shipmate
    Oh, my goodness @Roseofsharon, I’m praying for you all 🕯
    {{{{{Roseofsharon, the baby and the rest of the family}}}}}
  • (((RoseofSharon, SonofSharon, DiLofSharon, and GrandsonofSharon)))
  • GalilitGalilit Shipmate
    Ditto ... what a confusing situation
  • Third grandchild, a boy, is now two weeks old. His big sister and big brother adore him, which is wonderful. Big brother is disabled, which may well cause issues later, for now it's just a case of logistics - how many pairs of hands do you need to deal with a new baby, one with special needs, and a big sister who needs to know that there is time for her too.
    Congratulations, Chorister, and all the best with your family's new situation!
  • PuzzlerPuzzler Shipmate
    Youngest grandson’s 13 th birthday today, so all my grandchildren are now teenagers ( 13, 15,15, 19).
    He and his sister have been self isolating as classmates have tested positive, but both have stayed symptom free. Birthday boy goes back to school tomorrow for one day, sister has one more day at home, but next week is half term.
    I reckon they are as Covid- free as is possible to tell.
    We are in Tier 2, so no indoor visits, but it was a lovely day to stand in the back doorway to see them and hand over presents.
    No friends can come round but my daughter prepared favourite food for tea. The table was laid out as an airport runway, the cake was a model plane, as were several of his presents. Old fashioned party games were requested- a last fling of childhood?