BBCode practice thread

Comments

• MiffyMiffy Shipmate
    haggis whistle

Third time lucky!
  • LydaLyda Shipmate
    Erm. I've been having a problem with posts I compose and then post coming back to haunt me when I return to the board. The most recent was a post I made to Celebrity Death Pool (well what would I expect but haunting in the Death Pool?) Anyway, I tried "cut" and I tried backspace and it's still there when I reload. I'm afraid that when I make a new post, it will come with the old post material. It probably has something to do with the draft file, but I don't know how that works. Help?
  • You can only delete draft posts - and you do that by going to "My Drafts", finding the ghost posts and deleting them by finding the almost invisible cross in the top right hand corner.
  • Or, when you do want to post something, delete the old text and enter the new. Then Post that.
  • LydaLyda Shipmate
    Thanks muchly. I'll give it a go. :smile:
  • LydaLyda Shipmate
    Yay!
  • this is to practise editing a post after it has been posted.
  • No, couldn't do it! I clicked on the edit tab below thisEditing after review ...? bit but did not come up with edit area of post. so I suppose I can only edit after review?
  • When you compose a post you can preview it at anytime, and then return to the edit window with the Edit button.

Once posted, to edit a post you need to access the edit option in the menu under the cog/daisy to the right of the header bar above the post.
  • So I put the words 'editing after view' in the wrong place!
    I'll try reviewing this and editing ... ...

Adding this after previewing....
  • When you compose a post you can preview it at anytime, and then return to the edit window with the Edit button.

Once posted, to edit a post you need to access the edit option in the menu under the cog/daisy to the right of the header bar above the post.
    Ah, yes, I remember you mentioned that some weeks ago. I'll have another practice later.
  • That little cog daisy is to the right of the time, isn't it? I can see the hand shape on an apparently blankspot" What should appear then? Whatever it is, is it directly below, or to the right or left? No rush for answer. thank you.
  • Yes, directly to the right of the time.
  • go away, draft
  • MMMMMM Shipmate
    Does this work?
    Guardian article
  • MMMMMM Shipmate
    Bottom! How about this?
    MMM

Guardian article

• MMMMMM Shipmate
    Oh well, can't be bothered to try again.

MMM
  • @MMM - no colon after the https: - the rest is there
  • MMMMMM Shipmate
    Thanks, CK. I will try again as and when.

MMM
  • Basically, put the URL in exactly as it appears on the address bar of your browser (might as well just copy it all and paste it into the popup box).
  • MMMMMM Shipmate
    Alan, I did copy and paste, so something else happened.

MMM
  • SusanDorisSusanDoris Shipmate
    edited May 2018
    testing for some editing success
    That was the Tech chap doing that - he was here just now. I'll do it myself now.
    Nope - didn't work. I can see the hand to click on for editing, but do not know where the edit area then is where I can type in a change. The answer is probably up thread somewhere, but I apologise for not finding it quickly enough. I'll try again later.
    edited May 2018
    one more try before I go to the hairdresser's...I THINK I ve got it - the link is to the left of the time ... finger crossed
    Yes!!! Sorry about typos - main thing is I can now edit.
  • LibsLibs Shipmate
    edited May 2018
    Any use? U+1F64F :pray: U+1F56F

No.

Should have used preview.
  • Testing my avatar. Hello, new ship.
  • Welcome aboard, AR :smile:
  • Thanks, Eutychus.

Now examining the
    and
    code

and
    Spoiler
    tags from the menu.
  • MiffyMiffy Shipmate
  • Hels and Bjorn? There seems to be some glitch in the coding that takes out the colon when people try to add urls - it's what was missing in both your links.
  • MiffyMiffy Shipmate
    Thanks, Curiosity. Turned out I needed to delete the first https for a start and then work out where to paste my wording , hence the simple BBC test link. Mr M isn’t enamoured of the software..this from someone who worked in IT for over thirty years. :(*

Guess it’s all good practice for channelling my inner Viking

*polite version of what he had to say about it.
  • MiffyMiffy Shipmate
    one for the road. Night, night.
  • I learned to BBcode without using the short cuts on the old boards and another BB site, which is where I learned the flashy rainbow trick, and how to footnote in different ways. These days I type in the coding and preview, but it also means I can sometimes see what's wrong with coding.
  • MiffyMiffy Shipmate
    :angry:
    :naughty:
    :bawling:
    :cry:
    :hushed:
    :relieved:
    :flushed:
    :angry:
    :heart:
    :innocent:
  • MiffyMiffy Shipmate
    :joy:
    :kissing:
    :sleepy:
    :mrgreen:
    :innocent:
    :confused:
  • TrudyTrudy Heaven Host
    Somebody asked me how to use the spoiler tag and now
    I have to practice it before I tell them.
  • 😎👻
  • RooKRooK Admin Emeritus
    🖖
  • 🕯
  • LeRocLeRoc Shipmate
    Libs wrote: »
    Any use? U+1F64F :pray: U+1F56F

No.

Should have used preview.

🙏
  • 🙏 🙏
    🙏 or 🙏

• Test with link here.
  • NicoleMRNicoleMR Shipmate
    edited June 2018
    How to delete a post

Is it possible to delete a post?
  • No, it isn't possible for normal users to delete a post. You can, if fast enough, edit a post to a single character (you can't have an empty post) and delete the content. Admins can delete posts if we need to.
  • NicoleMRNicoleMR Shipmate
    OK, thanks.