Arrivals

What do you plan to do when you get to heaven? I'm planning on learning the harp. It will take me a long time to learn it properly, but that will be quite OK, I'll have forever, there will be no rush.

Comments

• I'm planning to hunt down all the Victorian women I researched for my PhD and find out if I was right.

Then I'm going to check if my genealogy was correct, and the 64 people I have identified as my 4x great grandparents actually were my 4xgt grandparents.
  • Play with my dogs. One has already gotten there, and I am facing the reality that my current one will be joining her in the next year or two. There may well be a third dog before I head for Heaven -- where they will all be jumping at the Pearly Gates, excited that "Mom's finally home!"
    :smile:
  • BoogieBoogie Shipmate
    I’m going to have a stern word with God about many, many things.

Then I’ll happily greet all the pets who arrived before me.
  • I want to have a chat with Jane Austen, and find out what she planned to do with Sanditon. It won't be anything like the TV series, of that I'm sure!
  • Schroedingers CatSchroedingers Cat Shipmate, Waving not Drowning Host
    I will find the good theologians and discuss with them - a nice, gentle chat about what they meant, and whether they felt that were right.

Then I will chill out with some of the metalheads there.
  • Hug a whole lot of people.
  • EigonEigon Shipmate
    There must be a part of Heaven that looks a bit like the Old Library at Trinity College Dublin, where all the books that have been destroyed on Earth can be found....
    And I hope to see my dog waiting for me at the Pearly Gates.
  • GalilitGalilit Shipmate
    Look for my mother and my maternal Grandmother
    and my brother.
  • I'll spend the first millennium enjoying freedom from pain.
  • bigjonbigjon Shipmate
    I'm looking forward to being one of the ones "wielding the guitars of God" - literal translation of Revelation 15:2 :-)
  • BoogieBoogie Shipmate
    mousethief wrote: »
    I'll spend the first millennium enjoying freedom from pain.

:cry:
  • RossweisseRossweisse Shipmate, Hell Host
    I will connect with the departed beloved, both people and cats. I'm not sure whether or not it would really be a good idea to try to meet with many composers. Oh, and maybe I'll finally get serious about studying French.
  • edited October 14
    There's nothing as satisfying as chopping straight grained wood. I've always wanted a double headed throwing axe as well. And a Batleth. Then go sailing in a tall ship. And skiing on the best powder ever. And scuba diving with penguins. And hanging out with like minded people re such things.
  • After quality time with my dogs and, of course, visits with family and friends, I would quite like to sit down with a pint or two and have a chat with Mr. Shakespeare. (No, I will NOT insult him by asking if he really wrote the plays!)
  • I want to build a house. One with a courtyard in the middle. And then I want to have barbecues and invite people over.
  • BoogieBoogie Shipmate
    I want to build a house. One with a courtyard in the middle. And then I want to have barbecues and invite people over.

How lovely, thanks for the invite :wink:

I’m sure you will have lovely trees and pots of flowers in the courtyard?

• Lily PadLily Pad Shipmate
    From time to time I entertain this idea and the predominant sensation is one of freedom to move - to run, bike, play, swim. I desperately miss being able to walk without aids. Sorry to bring rain to heaven but to be pain free would be amazing too.
  • I want to build a house. One with a courtyard in the middle. And then I want to have barbecues and invite people over.

A timber-framed one (oaks will grow overnight in Heaven). I'll be able to find out if I can produce enough tie-beam lap dovetails joints using 9" timber without nails, wedges and glue.If I can then it will take a lot of shifting.
    Pigwidgeon wrote: »
    ...I would quite like to sit down with a pint or two and have a chat with Mr. Shakespeare. (No, I will NOT insult him by asking if he really wrote the plays!)
    I might look up the chap that I suspect actually did.

• When I get better at playing the harp, I will go to find John Lennon and we'd jam 'Imagine' together.
  • caroline444caroline444 Shipmate
    edited October 16
    I want to have a chat with Jane Austen, and find out what she planned to do with Sanditon. It won't be anything like the TV series, of that I'm sure!

Hear hear! Me too.....

Then I will play with several angel pussycats I have loved and lost, and my wonderful old dog Bobby. I also lost my mother when she was 49 - I would love to get to know her again. My memory is terrible, but I have such strong feelings of love and humour emanating from her. Plus she had a sharp intellect. I would love to spend time with her again.
  • ((((Mousethief))))
  • Boogie wrote: »
    I want to build a house. One with a courtyard in the middle. And then I want to have barbecues and invite people over.

[/quote]

Yes indeed! And a swimming pool. Bring your swim things, y’all.
  • SparrowSparrow Shipmate
    Find the bit that the Lake District was modelled on, and build a little cottage there in Borrowdale.
  • PDRPDR Shipmate
    Go for a pint with Luther.
  • PigletPiglet All Saints Host, Circus Host
    Once I've found D., I hope he'll introduce me to Gibbons, Byrd and Tallis, and they'll let me join the choir.

Bugger - now my eyes are leaking again. :cry:
  • Piglet wrote: »
    Once I've found D...

It won't take much searching -- he's keeping an eye out for you.
    :heart:

(So why are MY eyes leaking?)

• NenyaNenya Shipmate
    Another one with leaky eyes reading this thread.

{{{mousethief}}}

Like Boogie, I've some things to have a stern word with God about... unless everything makes sense once we get there. I've also got some apologies to make to people I know I've hurt in the past and have no way of getting in touch with now; and probably some others I didn't realise I'd hurt. I'll be hugging loved ones, saying the things and asking the questions I wish I'd asked when they were here. Hugging beloved pets. Saying thank you to all the animals who died to give me and my family a meal. Catching up with Shipmates at Lamb Chopped's barbecue. Listening to D's and Piglet's choir.
  • Leaking in the office is a bad move....
    If my current state of mind is any indication, I'm bound for the other place. Just hope I'm allowed to talk to my darling cats once more. Damn, off to cry in the ladies'.
  • SparrowSparrow Shipmate
    Piglet wrote: »
    Once I've found D., I hope he'll introduce me to Gibbons, Byrd and Tallis, and they'll let me join the choir.

Can I join the choir too please? And I want to catch up with what Mozart has been writing.
    And Bach ....
  • EirenistEirenist Shipmate
    Track down my Auntie Kate, who 'ran off to Canada with the man next door', and who was only mentioned once in my hearing. Also learn to swim properly, and apologise to everyone I've hurt.
  • Jengie JonJengie Jon Shipmate
    edited October 17
    Swimming/flying in God's love
  • Lily PadLily Pad Shipmate
    Eirenist, look me up when you get there and I'll take you for a swim. I love the idea of sitting between Sparrow and Piglet in the heavenly choir directed by David. Nenya, I'll wave to you when no one is looking.
    Piglet wrote: »

So are mine. (I'm another one for the choir.)

• PuzzlerPuzzler Shipmate
    So am I, especially with Gibbons, Byrd and Tallis
  • I saved a wonderful cartoon some years ago (I think from The New Yorker). A man is standing in front of St. Peter; next to St. Peter is an ecstatic dog, jumping up and down, tail wagging. St. Peter says, "So you're little Bobbie; well, Rex here has been going on and on about you for the last 50 years."
  • TrudyTrudy Heaven Host
    I saved a wonderful cartoon some years ago (I think from The New Yorker). A man is standing in front of St. Peter; next to St. Peter is an ecstatic dog, jumping up and down, tail wagging. St. Peter says, "So you're little Bobbie; well, Rex here has been going on and on about you for the last 50 years."

One of the greatest cartoons of all time, for dog-lovers anyway.
  • Trudy wrote: »
    I saved a wonderful cartoon some years ago (I think from The New Yorker). A man is standing in front of St. Peter; next to St. Peter is an ecstatic dog, jumping up and down, tail wagging. St. Peter says, "So you're little Bobbie; well, Rex here has been going on and on about you for the last 50 years."

One of the greatest cartoons of all time, for dog-lovers anyway.

That's the one! Thanks, Trudy.
    edited October 18
    Love it! I've never had a pet, but I'd like to think there will be quite a few dogs in Heaven to say hello to as I go for an amble!
  • I'll be able to sing again. After all, I know most of the repertoire off by heart and it would be rather a waste not to. Given the amount of time to fill, and all.
  • DiomedesDiomedes Shipmate
    Perhaps those of us who have never had the ability to sing tunefully enough for a choir will get the chance to join in as well. That would be heavenly!
    Assuming that everything in Heaven is perfect, that should include everyone's tuning, shouldn't it?
    ...and their pronunciations, AND their ability to count...
  • I would like to be held by God for about fifty years. After that, I want to play with all the cats and dogs I've ever loved, meet my parents again and get to know them (my Dad died when I was eight years old, my Mom died when I was twelve...), and hang out with my guardian angel. Well, those are the short term goals!
  • I actually had a prayer the other day...I asked God if She would hold me and rock me to sleep just so I could feel safe for the first time and awaken in Her arms with that delicious, delirious feeling of it being "an endless summer" to enjoy God, Her angels, Jesus, The Holy Spirit, my parents, all my relatives, Tallis and Byrd and Mozart, Elvin Jones, Jeff Porcaro (drummer for Toto), Karen Carpenter, Tom Petty, Julian of Norwich, St. Theresa, Jesus's mom, Miriam, etc.
  • AravisAravis Shipmate
    I want to find my cat Mick and take him to meet Bach. I would like Bach to know that, many years after his death, a cat was completely addicted to listening to his inventions and fugues on the piano. Then I’m going to ask Bach to play all the Goldberg variations for us.
    The5thMary wrote: »
    I actually had a prayer the other day...I asked God if She would hold me and rock me to sleep just so I could feel safe for the first time and awaken in Her arms with that delicious, delirious feeling of it being "an endless summer" .

I wake up with that very feeling sometimes - esp if I have made an especially strong calming-type herbal tea and woken (to pee and pray) in the middle of the night on a Friday ... it's lovely, innit? ...
  • Now I can not carry a tune in a bucket as they say, but in heaven I should now be able to carry a tune, so please sign me up for the choir. Alto please.
  • KarlLBKarlLB Shipmate
    Rossweisse wrote: »
    ...and their pronunciations, AND their ability to count...

Are they really Basses if they don't come in in late though?