Sir Kevin

ZekeZeke Shipmate
Those who remember Kevin might wish to know he's now on hospice. This is officially a 6 month thing, but they say many people live longer. He still knows me and can remember some old favorite things like about cars. Visiting so much seems to have got me a bit rundown and I had bronchitis over Christmas and now am down with the flu. Prayers would be appreciated. I think he still remembers the Ship so I will tell him I am posting here. I am not allowed to visit him for a week due to the flu which is very frustrating.

Comments

• HedgehogHedgehog Shipmate
    I think of Sir Kevin every baseball season. I think I always shall. There are not a whole lot of baseball fans on the Ship, but he was one. My prayers for you both.

Zeke, I understand your desire to be with him as much as possible, but take care of yourself, too. Please. I have been where you are. Destroying your own health to look after another is not a smart move. Take it from a Not Smart person. 🕯
  • ZekeZeke Shipmate
    He loves to wear his Dodgers hat. I am mostly just resting today and tomorrow and hoping to feel better Monday.
  • Praying for you both.
  • Gee DGee D Shipmate
    Praying for you both.

And from us also.
  • Wishing you and Sir Kevin peace and comfort.
  • (:votive:)

{{{{{{{Zeke & Sir Kevin}}}}}}}
  • I am so sorry to hear this. I fondly remember meeting you both when you visited Seattle all those years ago. Peace to you both.
  • MaryLouiseMaryLouise Purgatory Host, 8th Day Host
    Zeke, you and Kevin are in my prayers.
  • MMMMMM Shipmate
    And mine.

MMM
  • AmosAmos Shipmate
    Fond memories, and prayers for peace of mind and heart.
  • May both you and Sir K have strength and grace for this time, Zeke.
  • JapesJapes Shipmate
    You and Sir Kevin continue to be in my prayers, Zeke, and thank you for updating us.
  • ZekeZeke Shipmate
    mousethief wrote: »
    I am so sorry to hear this. I fondly remember meeting you both when you visited Seattle all those years ago. Peace to you both.

I still tell people about seeing the sand troll and going up in the space needle. We really enjoyed visiting you. Thanks for your wishes-peace is indeed needed.
  • SarasaSarasa Shipmate
    @Zeke, thanks for that update. I'm glad Sir Kevin is somewhere, where he is well looked after and that you can still enjoy visits with each other. Look after you too.
  • HuiaHuia Shipmate
    Zeke, thanks for taking the time to bring us up to date. I think of both of you often.
  • My prayers for you both.
  • God bless you both
  • jedijudyjedijudy Heaven Host, 8th Day Host
    Thank you for letting us know about Sir K, Zeke. I think of you both often, and treasure the time we had together in Estes Park at one of the International Shipmeets.
  • DooneDoone Shipmate
    Prayers for you both.
  • bassobasso Shipmate
    Thanks for the update, Zeke. I fondly recall meeting both of you at a series of Bay Area meets. Prayers for all...

• (((Zeke and Sir Kevin)))
  • ZekeZeke Shipmate
    Tha
    jedijudy wrote: »
    Thank you for letting us know about Sir K, Zeke. I think of you both often, and treasure the time we had together in Estes Park at one of the International Shipmeets.
    basso wrote: »
    Thanks for the update, Zeke. I fondly recall meeting both of you at a series of Bay Area meets. Prayers for all...

I will definitely remind him of these great times. I think he still remembers the Ship.
  • Tree BeeTree Bee Shipmate
    Thank you for the update Zeke. Thinking of you both. So enjoyed meeting you both in Greenwich several moons ago.
  • Prayers for you both
  • ZappaZappa Ecclesiantics Host
    edited January 19
    🕯
    Ah Zeke ... so sorry to hear all that has transpired ... now holding you and Sir Kevin in Christ-light
    🕯
  • PigletPiglet All Saints Host, Circus Host
    Thanks for the update, Zeke. Although I haven't met either of you in RL, I think of you often, and remember you in my prayers.

Give him my love, and that of everyone here, and do try and look after yourself too.

{{{{{Z and Sir K}}}}}
  • Gill HGill H Shipmate
    Prayers for you both. I remember mentions of many theatre shows he worked on - does he still enjoy listening to the music? There's been a lot of work done on the beneficial effects of music and particularly singing, for those with Alzheimers, dementia etc. I used to volunteer for a project called 'Singing for the Brain' and it was such fun singing along with people.
  • ZekeZeke Shipmate
    Tree Bee wrote: »
    Thank you for the update Zeke. Thinking of you both. So enjoyed meeting you both in Greenwich several moons ago.

Thanks, I remember the boat ride and the cafe where we ate. I'm reminded of how many lovrly Shipmates we have been able to meet over the years.
  • ZekeZeke Shipmate
    Gill H wrote: »
    Prayers for you both. I remember mentions of many theatre shows he worked on - does he still enjoy listening to the music? There's been a lot of work done on the beneficial effects of music and particularly singing, for those with Alzheimers, dementia etc. I used to volunteer for a project called 'Singing for the Brain' and it was such fun singing along with people.

He has very eclectic tastes in music. He has the classical radio station on in his room, and I sometimes play some rock and roll for him. He likes a program on Saturday evening that's all film scores.
  • ZekeZeke Shipmate
    It's hard to get him to sing.
  • TubbsTubbs Admin
    edited January 20
    Send him my best and I will remember you both in my prayers. Thank you for the update
  • MiffyMiffy Shipmate
    I remember him well. Do send him my best wishes.
  • So sorry to hear this. I remember Sir K from the old Ship's Cafe and we chatted regularly over virtual cakes and coffee. I hope his enthusiasms for cars and such like help him. Send him my best wishes too.

Make sure you get some time to yourself.
  • stetsonstetson Shipmate
    Thoughts out to both of you, Zeke. Hope you're able to visit the hospice soon.
  • Wesley JWesley J Shipmate
    <votive>
  • ZekeZeke Shipmate
    I will tell him how many shipmates remember him and are including him in their prayers. Many thanks to all.
  • Adding my prayers for both of you - I really miss reading your posts on the Ship.
  • YangtzeYangtze Shipmate
    Oh sad news. Sending love. I was sad not to meet him (and you) when you came through London some years ago now.
  • ZekeZeke Shipmate
    Haven't been able to visit him for a week, been sick with the flu and doctor says stay away from there.My resistance is down and the people who live there are fragile too.☹
  • Prayers for @Zeke and Sir Kevin. The no visiting bit is sensible, but tough.
  • RossweisseRossweisse Shipmate, 8th Day Host, Hell Host
    Oh, Zeke, this is all so hard. Prayers ascending for both of you. The Ship was at her best when you were regulars.

Please take care of yourself!

• This must be very difficult for you both.

I never met either of you but feel I "knew" Sir K from his postings on the Ship.

Holding you both in prayer right now.
  • All best wishes to you and Sir Kevin. I always remember he based himself on Sir Kevin of Devon, a book I enjoyed reading as a child.
  • I remember the "Sir Kevin of Devon" posts! Best wishes and prayers to you both.
  • ZekeZeke Shipmate
    I'll tell him people remember that book. I think he will remember it too. As I recall, Sir Kevin was a "smallish boy, not quite eleven."
  • RossweisseRossweisse Shipmate, 8th Day Host, Hell Host
    (((Zeke)))
  • sabinesabine Shipmate
    Thinking of you both ❤️