Trumpton - the rant thread

Comments

• OhherOhher Shipmate
    My guess is he'd be angling for Aphrodite Mons.
  • BoogieBoogie Shipmate
    Could someone teach rRump some lessons on radioactivity?

He seems to think they can bomb hurricanes out of existence. Another manifestation of his God complex, I think.
  • Yeah, I was reading an article from "The Independent" on that. Evidently, there's quite a history to the idea. Of course, one problem is fallout going every which way.

• Simon ToadSimon Toad Shipmate
    edited August 2019
    There are reports that Trump wants to use nukes to deflect hurricanes away from the USA. I'd link a Hill article, but I'm on my phone.

America first with radiation sickness?

(sorry didnt see there was another page)
  • Penny SPenny S Shipmate
    I know how to stop a hurricane making landfall on the States. You build a Wall.
  • BoogieBoogie Shipmate
    In case you haven’t seen it - Trump’s favourite things. by Randy Rainbow.

👏🏼👏🏼
  • Penny S wrote: »

I assume Mexico will be paying for it?
    :wink:

• CrœsosCrœsos Shipmate
    Boogie wrote: »
    Could someone teach rRump some lessons on radioactivity?

He seems to think they can bomb hurricanes out of existence. Another manifestation of his God complex, I think.
    Golden Key wrote: »
    Yeah, I was reading an article from "The Independent" on that. Evidently, there's quite a history to the idea. Of course, one problem is fallout going every which way.

Every so often someone gets the bright idea to nuke hurricanes. This is apparently a common enough suggestion that NOAA has put up a permanent website explaining why this is a bad idea. The current version of the website seems to date from 2014 if the copyright notice at the bottom is an accurate record of date of publication.
  • Pigwidgeon wrote: »
    Penny S wrote: »

I assume Mexico will be paying for it?
    :wink:

No, no - you build some sort of deflectory thingy, so that the hurricane ravages Mexico, thereby ridding potus Blump of those Horrid Brown People Not Like Him.

• Trump has been watching too many cheap movies on the Sci-fi channel. He probably thinks Sharknado is a nature documentary.
  • HugalHugal Shipmate
    I may suggest that POTUS live in a cheap movie
  • I'd suggest sending him to Gilligan's Island*, but the castaways don't deserve that. And the women, at least, would need weapons,

*Very silly sitcom from the '60s, about a three-hour tour boat that gets lost in a storm at sea, and winds up at a deserted island...or is it?
    ;)
  • It always looked like a Hollywood back lot to me 😁
  • Boogie wrote: »
    In case you haven’t seen it - Trump’s favourite things. by Randy Rainbow.

👏🏼👏🏼
    And another by Randy Rainbow worth watching, now that Trump has called himself “the Chosen One”:
    Cheeto Christ, Stupid-Czar.
  • rofl

Cheeto Christ Cheeto Christ He's like if Jesus was pumpkin-spiced
  • One of these days, the true Lord of Heaven, And Earth, The Sea, And All That In Them Is, may get so fed-up with this would-be rival, that He will Strike Him Down.

One only hopes that it gets on YouTube, and goes viral...
  • PigletPiglet All Saints Host, Circus Host
    It's a pity the Almighty didn't redirect that hurricane at whichever golf course the Cheeto was patronising over the weekend.
  • I like the double meaning of patronising.
  • CrœsosCrœsos Shipmate
    edited September 2019
    The President of the United States altered a National Hurricane Center map with a sharpie to falsely extend the official forecast toward Alabama so he didn't have to admit he was wrong in a tweet.

Here's a further explanation.
    1. A few days ago when Dorian was over the Bahamas and it was clear that it was going to turn right and go up the US east coast, Trump tweeted a tweet. In it he mistakenly said that Alabama might get hit. He shouldn’t be giving his take on a forecast, but whatever. Not in his top 1000 stupidest tweets.
    2. 20 minutes later, a National Weather Service office in Alabama had to clarify that Alabama would see no effects from Dorian.
    3. The next day ABC reported about this little mixup and Trump complained about fake news as usual.
    4. TODAY, during a briefing about a storm CURRENTLY THREATENING the United States, he brought out a week old NHC forecast map, when Dorian was well out in the Atlantic. It showed a possible crossing into the Gulf, which never happened. Again, by the time Trump made the Alabama post, this forecast was long outdated.
    5. He or some aide, DREW ON THE WEEK-OLD MAP an extra nonsensical loop to INCLUDE ALABAMA.

While people and officials from FL to VA are currently making important decisions , he is trying to defend the Alabama error. He is this petty and this stupid. Aagh.

Bolding added by me. I know, hold the presses, Trump tells ridiculously transparent lie! Still, would it kill him to put a little more effort into it? I feel insulted that someone thought this would be at all convincing.

And yes, trying to pass off a falsified weather report as an official Weather Bureau document is a crime.
    Time to lock him up!
  • You can't. He's the Chosen One. When Melania divorces him, he and Marianne Williamson should go off and start an annual Hurricane Man Festival to be held in the Caribbean from June 1 through Nov. 30. They can start as soon as Queen Ivanka pardons him.
  • Seriously, though, is this a sign (or, perhaps, a further sign) that some form of dementia is worsening?

His grasp on reality seems to be tenuous, to say the least.

At this rate, he'll hardly be fit to stand for the Presidency again next year...

Or, to put it another way, will he soon be forced, by illness, to resign?
  • Reagan wasn't. Then again, he was a model of rectitude compared to the current office holder.
  • Apparently he just can't leave it alone. In order to "prove" his original Alabama tweet of September 1 was correct Trump has tweeted out another weather map that would have been completely out of date at the time of his original tweet. Like the sharpie map this one has also been obviously and crudely doctored.
    Any graphic designer will point out that Trump's chart is obviously doctored. The lines he added clearly do not have symbols associated with them and are not accounted for in the legend.

What kind of mind thinks "okay, they picked up on the sharpie, but they'll never notice if I used colored pencils"? I guess the only real question is whether this an example of a narcissism so malignant it can't let this go and simply move on or if it's the terror of someone dealing with dementia desperately trying to cover it up.

Or maybe it's a test to see if his followers really will believe anything he tells them.
  • Crœsos wrote: »
    What kind of mind thinks "okay, they picked up on the sharpie, but they'll never notice if I used colored pencils"?

I'm just surprised he didn't use crayons.

• Probably because he's eaten them all.
    Or maybe it's a test to see if his followers really will believe anything he tells them.

Or as someone (here on the ship?) pointed out earlier in his administration, it can be a test to see if his followers are loyal enough to publicly support something so obviously wrong.
  • And he still can't let it go!

For those without the time to look closely Trump is posting NHC data that was 3-4 days out of date at the time he made his now-infamous Alabama tweet. For the record here is the last projected storm path and wind-speed probability from NOAA at the time of that tweet. As you can see from the second link, at the time there was about a 5% chance a small southeast corner of Alabama might experience tropical storm force winds (39-73 mph). The chance of Alabama experiencing hurricane-force winds was always less than 5% no matter what projections you looked at. Here's a nifty NOAA animation of their Dorian 5-day wind speed projections for those who want to see for themselves.
  • Or all of the above? Depending on which phase/compartment of him is ascendant at the moment.

He never was well enough to be president--nor did he want to be. It was a gimmick to give him bargaining leverage with the network that produced his "The Apprentice" show. Unfortunately, the gimmick worked on the electorate, instead, and he wound up in office. I've sometimes hoped he'd get bored, etc. and just quit. He'd be much happier, as would the world.

But "will he soon be forced, by illness, to resign"? He's playing out his damage, brokenness, dementia, utter low functioningness to the country and the world. And no one's yet managed to remove T from office.

His party and its members of Congress are shameless, greedy, power-hungry, manipulative bleeps who don't care about the country or the world, OR they're on drugs, OR so clueless they can't make themselves a sandwich without demolishing the kitchen. They obviously don't truly care about their party and country. And, if they cared at all for T, they wouldn't let him run around when he's so obviously in need of serious help.

Grrrrr.
  • Bishops FingerBishops Finger Shipmate
    edited September 2019
    What about his family?

Surely Melancholia, Ivanka, and the rest, care enough about him to try to stop him destroying himself (and, possibly, the world)?

Or are they, too, just in it for the $$$...?
  • As a notorious liar, I can tell you that what really pisses me off is when I think I'm in the right but nobody believes me.
  • What about his family?

Surely Melancholia, Ivanka, and the rest, care enough about him to try to stop him destroying himself (and, possibly, the world)?

Or are they, too, just in it for the $$$...?
    Melancholia has admitted at some time in the past that she's just in it for the $$$. I believe all of them are in it for the $$$, the power, and the chance for bigger and better things. (Wouldn't Ivanka love to be the first female POTUS?) I don't think they care one bit about him -- or the USA or the world.
    :rage:

• Pigwidgeon wrote: »
    Melancholia has admitted at some time in the past that she's just in it for the $$$.

Hey, Melania Trump has never been happier. Here's proof!
    Pigwidgeon wrote: »
    Melancholia has admitted at some time in the past that she's just in it for the $$$.

Hey, Melania Trump has never been happier. Here's proof!

:lol: :lol: :lol:
  • Trumpty Dumpty sat on a wall.
    Trumpty Dumpty feared a great fall.
    So he continued to lie and pretend
    That prayers and good wishes would save his rear end.

I think it should be a requirement for presidential hopefuls to write the names of the states (correctly) on a biggly map of the USA, and her possessions. Perhaps also labeling the Atlantic Ocean, the Pacific Ocean, the Gulf of Mexico, Canada, the North Pole........umm that's enough. Oh, and Russia.

I think it should be a requirement for presidential hopefuls to write the names of the states (correctly) on a biggly map of the USA, and her possessions. Perhaps also labeling the Atlantic Ocean, the Pacific Ocean, the Gulf of Mexico, Canada, the North Pole........umm that's enough. Oh, and Russia.

I love the poem and the suggestion! But I would add our soon-to-be 51st state, Denmark.
  • Bishops FingerBishops Finger Shipmate
    edited September 2019
    No, no - Ukland is likely to be your 51st state...
    :grimace:

Johnny Dane can jolly well wait his turn!
  • I'd settle for his reading the Bill of Rights.
    He can read?
  • Piglet wrote: »
    He can read?

Not sure but he has a marker pen and apparently likes to use it.

In words overheard yesterday,
    he doesn't have ducks, they're not in a row
    he seems to have squirrels, to a rave they did go.
  • No, no - Ukland is likely to be your 51st state...

OOH OOH Me sir. Please, me Sir. I want to have a vote for the most powerful office in the world, and contribute to Elisabeth Warren's campaign without getting her in dutch.
  • No, no - Ukland is likely to be your 51st state...

Stratford-on-Avon is almost there already.
  • Trump is an even greater writer than Shakespeare you know.

If they can tell the Arabian Gulf from the Gulf of Mexico, that'll do.
  • Trump is an even greater writer than Shakespeare you know.

Biglier is the word, I think.

More covfefe, anyone?

• Bolton fired
  • Bolton fired

Given that Bolton's contribution to security discussions could be handled by a printed sign that says "I recommend military action" he hardly seems irreplaceable. Maybe one of those life-sized cardboard cutouts of Bolton with a speech balloon?
  • Does make one wonder what he did that pissed off the Orange Cheeto enough to fire him.
  • Not starting a ridiculous war with Iran or Venezuela was probably a leading source of tension. It's possible he also had something to do with the Taliban talks breaking down.
  • The most common allegation I've come across is that Bolton opposed Trump's planned peace talks with the Taliban. Given that opposing peace was Bolton's métier I guess this development was obvious.