Trumpton - the rant thread

1222324252628»

Comments

• Doc TorDoc Tor Hell Host
    Doc Tor wrote: »
    It's Russia's take.

Literally, fuck off with your dubious links. Fuck right off, and then fuck off some more.
    Chill, and maybe take a laxative. Russia and wrestling. It's a recursive joke. All media is fake. You're fake. I'm fake.

Given the provenance of some of your absolutely terrible links in Epiphanies, if I could ban you from posting any links at all, I would. Seriously, if you lack the discernment to know actual news from a pile of shit, then just stop.
  • edited November 6
    Are you getting all host on me now? Threatening a ban? Coming with some other reference to another forum. Don't post such things again without discussing with your host and admin group who might help you. Then take it to Styx if you want to ban me from something. That's it for me for now.
  • Are you getting all host on me now? Threatening a ban? Coming with some other reference to another forum. Don't post such things again without discussing with your host and admin group who might help you. Then take it to Styx if you want to ban me from something. That's it for me for now.

Now let me see. You can add silly little comments because it's Hell (see upthread), but when Doc Tor does something similar you come over all barrack room lawyer?
  • Doc TorDoc Tor Hell Host
    edited November 6
    Are you getting all host on me now? Threatening a ban? Coming with some other reference to another forum. Don't post such things again without discussing with your host and admin group who might help you. Then take it to Styx if you want to ban me from something. That's it for me for now.

Did you see any host tags on that post? No you did not.

If you can't take the heat about your poorly-chosen mendacious links, don't post them in the first place. This is Hell, and this is the place to call time on your shit.

(eta - I have to physically check each and every link posted here, unless I know Ross has already done so.)
  • NP--

Your recent posts sound...off. Maybe go get some fresh air, and take a walk?
  • RooKRooK Admin Emeritus
    edited November 6
    Are you getting all host on me now? Threatening a ban?
    Are you new?
    Don't post such things again without discussing with your host and admin group who might help you.
    Or else what, exactly?
    Then take it to Styx if you want to ban me from something.
    This is a technical error. If a Host wanted to direct you in some way, they do so on the board they moderate. If they don't get sufficient response, the escalate to Admins. The Styx is for Shipmates to ask questions or clarifications about Ship's business, very specifically including Crew actions.

-RooK
    no official tags - come at me bro
  • RossweisseRossweisse Shipmate, Hell Host
    Doc Tor wrote: »
    ...(eta - I have to physically check each and every link posted here, unless I know Ross has already done so.)
    Ditto, except plug in "Doc Tor" for "Ross."

@Doc Tor wasn't writing as a host on this occasion, @NOprophet_NØprofit, but if you have a problem with a hostly ruling, the place to take it is the Styx - as you know perfectly well.

• CrœsosCrœsos Shipmate
    Trump is a petty grifter. I think that's been well established by now. But it looks like someone has identified his pettiest grift to date. A lot of campaigns have contests to have a beer or meal with the candidate and to enter it takes a donation to the campaign fund. This is usually followed by pictures of the candidate trying to look folksy while sharing beer or home fries or whatever with a small-amount donor. Well, apparently the brain trust at the Trump campaign decided that actually arranging the prize of a meal with Trump was too much bother.
    The pettiest grift of Trump’s presidency may be a scheme that was recently uncovered by Popular Information’s Judd Legum. As Legum notes, the Trump campaign has held at least 15 online contests in which the winner was promised a meal with Trump. Many of them also promised travel accommodations. All supporters had to do to enter the contests, which were promoted heavily on social media, was donate to the campaign. “I just saw the most recent list of Patriots who have contributed to win a trip to meet me in Chicago on October 28th, and I noticed you STILL haven’t entered,” read one email regarding a contest for a supporter and a guest to have lunch with Trump in Chicago.

This may sound great for Trump supporters, but there’s one problem: despite the untold sums of money raised off the contests, no one appears to have actually sat down for a meal with the president.

<snip>

It does appear some people have met the president before rallies as a result of winning contests, but the promise of grabbing breakfast, lunch, or dinner with him seems to be a sham.

You'd think this level of petty fraud would be beneath a sitting president*, but then again you'd think a photo op with an enthusiastically supportive ordinary citizen would be regarded as well worth 20 or 30 minutes of time. Note that, if true, this is also probably illegal.
    If it is [ a sham ], it’s a pretty clear case of fraud. “You’re raising campaign cash, you’re lying to people. If you obtain money from people through false pretenses that’s a violation of federal mail fraud and wire fraud statutes,” Richard Painter, a lawyer in the Bush White House and frequent Trump critic, told Newsweek on Wednesday. Legum also points out that it’s in several states where contests were held it’s illegal to not disclose the names of the winners.
  • CrœsosCrœsos Shipmate
    It's hard to keep up with all the scandals, but Trump just confessed to looting a charity to support his political campaign [PDF]. There was a time when a president doing this sort of thing would be big news, but it's not even the second-biggest Trump story this week.
  • Crœsos wrote: »
    It's hard to keep up with all the scandals, but Trump just confessed to looting a charity to support his political campaign [PDF]. There was a time when a president doing this sort of thing would be big news, but it's not even the second-biggest Trump story this week.
    If he shot someone dead in the middle of Fifth Avenue I doubt that it would make the top five Trump stories of the week.

• Do you think it would go to Number One, if he shot himself dead in the street?
    :naughty:
  • His ghost would probably come back to say it was fake news.
  • Crœsos wrote: »

Here, if you can stand it, is the Fox News report of the Charity business, featuring Trump's statement on the matter. I can't bring myself to compose a summary.
  • CrœsosCrœsos Shipmate
    More evidence that the entire Trump administration is just a giant prank or piece of performance art.

Donald Trump, Jr. has a book out called Triggered: How The Left Thrives on Hate and Wants to Silence Us. Because of this he's doing a promotional tour and, doubtless to stir up a reaction that would prove his point, he did an event at UCLA yesterday (10 November 2019). That's when the narrative went off the rails.
    But the appearance backfired when his own supporters, diehard Make America Great Again conservatives, raised their voices most loudly in protest and ended up drowning him out barely 20 minutes into an event scheduled to last two hours.

The audience was angry that Trump Jr and his girlfriend, Kimberly Guilfoyle, would not take questions. The loud shouts of “USA! USA!” that greeted Trump when he first appeared on the stage of a university lecture hall to promote his book Triggered: How The Left Thrives on Hate and Wants to Silence Us quickly morphed into even louder, openly hostile chants of “Q and A! Q and A!”

The 450-strong audience had just been told they would not be allowed to ask questions, “due to time constraints”.

At first, Trump and Guilfoyle tried to ignore the discontent, which originated with a fringe group of America Firsters who believe the Trump administration has been taken captive by a cabal of internationalists, free-traders, and apologists for mass immigration.

When the shouting would not subside, Trump Jr tried – and failed – to argue that taking questions from the floor risked creating soundbites that leftwing social media posters would abuse and distort. Nobody was buying that.

In minutes, the entire argument put forward by the president’s son – that he was willing to engage in dialogue but that it was the left that refused to tolerate free speech – crumbled.

So Trump, Jr. got triggered by his father's followers while promoting his book Triggered and had to go find a safe space. The author of this political satire we're all living through is very heavy-handed, as I believe I've mentioned before.
  • Trump, Jr. (aka DJTJ) is -- even as I type -- signing his book* at a Costco Warehouse store in Scottsdale, not too far up the road from me. I believe the event just started half an hour ago, so I haven't heard of any reactions (and I'm staying far away).

*I wonder who wrote it?
  • Boycott Costco nationwide...

Mind you, Don Jr is one great big giant LOL that comedians will be mining for the rest of my life.
  • I was touched by Don Jr.'s complaint that "the liberals" don't appreciate the great sacrifices the Trump family has made for this country in voluntarily not making as much money as they possible could. He reflected on this while viewing the graves at Arlington. Oh, sure, the libs respect the sacrifice of those who simply died, but not one word of praise for the Trumps forbearance in not completely looting the national treasury! Sob! It is SO unfair!

• What a winner. Imagine looking out onto a field of white headstones and reflecting that each one of them represents an opportunity to make money that you missed.
  • KarlLBKarlLB Shipmate
    Listening to the radio yesterday it struck me how even policies, the economy etc. aside, he is such a deeply unpleasant person.

Are there really enough fans of deeply unpleasant people over there to explain his approval rating being, well, outside single figures?
  • his ratings, approval and disapproval, are remarkably consistent. Nothing seems to change them. That means that the Democratic candidate needs to get the liberal vote out, rather than chasing people who are going to flip. Not many people are going to flip.
  • And he cheats at golf. It’s a boring game but the R&A takes a very dim view of playing outwith the spirit and laws, hence the opposition to his proposals to develop golf resorts in Scotland.
  • Golf = a good walk spoiled, according to someone.

Playing it with Potus Blump would make even the walk a penitential exercise...
  • yeah, no to that one Tony. The collusion stuff just got another Republican operative jail time, in case you hadn't noticed. The disclosures in Vol. 1 of the Mueller Report make harrowing reading, whether or not they come up to the standard necessary to meet the criminal burden of proof. They should make every Republican ashamed for having voted for such an obvious scam artist.

Volume 2 though, is the kicker. That's the one where it is painfully obvious that Trump will do anything to try and prevent his bad conduct being revealed. He directs McGahn to issue a statement that McGahn knows to be false, and after McGhan has told him that it is false. He threatens to fire McGahn after he refuses. Then he asks him to do it again on two more occasions, and then he calls him into a meeting with Kelly and asks him again! This is horrific stuff. I sincerely hope that he will be charged with obstruction when he leaves office, for the good of the USA.
  • BoogieBoogie Shipmate
    His whole way of operating is based on fear and greed. His own fear and greed and his assumption that everyone operates from the same motivations.

I pity him.
  • CrœsosCrœsos Shipmate
    The U.S. has a traditional Thanksgiving photo op (going back to Truman) of the president "pardoning" a turkey for Thanksgiving. It's one of the feel-good ceremonial functions of the office, the kind of thing Trump isn't very good at and seems to hate.

Trump also seems to dislike all animals and has a vicious streak when faced with any real or imagined slight. Why do I bring this up?
    Ryan J. Riley
    Washington Examiner
    The official WH turkeys have arrived! 🦃🦃

They are currently staying at the @WillardHotel before the pardon by @realDonaldTrump on Tuesday.
    Bold move not to stay at the Trump Hotel and still hope for a pardon.

Can a turkey argue inadequate/incompetent counsel?