Devotional Reflections on Scripture

I came across this verse from Ps 16:11 yesterday:
You make known to me the path of life;
in your presence there is fullness of joy;
at your right hand are pleasures forevermore.

It gives me a strong sense of how I experience God. It is a reminder of what God did for me.

I don't want to dwell on my troubles, but simply state that when I was at my lowest point and in the grip of addiction, I started going to a Gamblers Anonymous group. One of the steps is to come to realise that there is a higher power. Some time after I started going, I had a powerful spiritual experience which convinced me that there was indeed a force for good in the world. It caused me to open the Bible, to study, and to go to church. It was a period of intense spiritual inspiration and was at times quite painful.

This experience did not cause me instantly to stop my destructive addiction. Instead, it gave me hope, the hope I needed to get my life back. God did indeed make known to me the path of life.

Comments

• TelfordTelford Shipmate
    edited April 20
    Thankyou. I found that to be very encouraging. Keep on the path.
  • Gee DGee D Shipmate
    Simon Toad wrote: »
    This experience did not cause me instantly to stop my destructive addiction. Instead, it gave me hope, the hope I needed to get my life back. God did indeed make known to me the path of life.

So that you could make your path back. Thank you for the different insight into the Psalm
  • We've moved this from Epiphanies to Eccles at request of the Hosts.

Doc Tor
    SoF admin