Blessed, random thoughts

jedijudyjedijudy Heaven Host
I would like to take this opportunity to make known to everyone here that right now, I have more posts than mousethief!
I expect that special status will not last through to tomorrow. :sunglasses:

Comments

• jedijudyjedijudy Heaven Host
    And now he has more posts than me! **sigh**
  • Bwahahaha! But the hosts are way ahead of me. My work is cut out for me.
  • ClimacusClimacus Shipmate
    I give you til Tuesday.
    :smiley:
  • LothlorienLothlorien All Saints Host
    But it was fine while it lasted. I’m still ahead, so far.
    mousethief wrote: »
    Bwahahaha! But the hosts are way ahead of me. My work is cut out for me.
    But, but, but... I am a host! :cry:
  • john holdingjohn holding Ecclesiantics Host, Mystery Worshipper Host
    As we all know, MT, it's effectiveness, not size that matters. Who's ahead, we ask?
  • BoogieBoogie Shipmate
    I now have more than mousethief - but he may be asleep now :sunglasses:
  • Lily PadLily Pad Shipmate
    Boogie, you know that is because the games are moving along so quickly! He's likely waking up and will get ahead of you again while you are sleeping.
  • LeRocLeRoc Shipmate
    Right at this moment, the European beer crate curling championship is happening. And we're not even discussing it.
  • How refreshing to read all about people boasting about their post count for a change, instead of seeing endless pictures of snow. Mind you, the background colour of this thread might be one large picture of snow, it's hard to tell.
  • PantsPants Shipmate
    I haven't been very good on the post count for years. I remember when I was on page one. It was my proudest moment.
  • LydaLyda Shipmate
    Pants wrote: »
    I haven't been very good on the post count for years. I remember when I was on page one. It was my proudest moment.

Me, too. I used to track my position page to page in the directory. When I got to the first page- hurray! And I ended up in the top thirty. I'll never match those palmy days. :anguished:
  • AmyAmy Shipmate

I'll never compete on post count. But now that I can sensibly post from mobile, maybe I'll take part more than I have done recently!
    I finally made five from the top of page two. Zappa is the top of that page! So very close!
  • Lily PadLily Pad Shipmate
    LeRoc wrote: »
    Right at this moment, the European beer crate curling championship is happening. And we're not even discussing it.

Share a link or it never happened! :wink:
  • PantsPants Shipmate
    Lyda wrote: »

Me, too. I used to track my position page to page in the directory. When I got to the first page- hurray! And I ended up in the top thirty. I'll never match those palmy days. :anguished:

Ah, when we were young. ;)
  • PigletPiglet All Saints Host
    I have a confession to make: when we were getting toward the last days of the Old Ship I was approaching 20,000 posts and I made it by virtue of playing several rounds of some of the games in the Circus.
    I have a tale to tell which may creep some folks out. (Marvin the Martian...this means you!)

I was doing a small load of laundry this morning, and when I opened the washer, I saw what looked like a bristle section from a brush of some kind stuck in one of the drum holes. After throwing the clothes into the dryer, I plucked the bristles out of the hole and was going to place it in the trash, when I noticed something holding onto my forefinger. The bristle was a long-legged spider!

I don't mind those spiders, as they eat any ants in my home. However, I don't hold them in my hands!! I hope it was a spiderly 'thank you' after what must have been a terrifying spin!!
  • Overheard in the drug store this morning while waiting in line, " I do not think the wheels on his bus any longer go round and round." No idea who they were talking about but found it funny.
  • HedgehogHedgehog Shipmate
    Nice flub at Mass this morning. The deacon was reading the gospel selection from Mark. He happily read how the apostles went out preaching repentance..."and driving out deacons---umm, demons!" :lol:
  • HuiaHuia Shipmate
    My all time favourite at church was on Mothering Sunday when the person leading the prayers payed for "our mothers who neutered us" :anguished:
  • Amanda B ReckondwythAmanda B Reckondwyth Mystery Worship Editor
    Overheard in the drug store this morning while waiting in line, " I do not think the wheels on his bus any longer go round and round." No idea who they were talking about but found it funny.
    You're not old enough.
  • HuiaHuia Shipmate
    Miss Amanda, I don't think it's about age, that song is everlasting. I taught it about 28 years ago and I heard a pre-schooler and her Nanny (Grandma) singing this on my bus last week. They sang some of the verses in Maori. It was lovely.
  • Recently I have notice a click-bait that shows a photo which (from the clothes/hairstyles) appears to show a scene from decades back. Because it is click-bait, of course, the photo is of a pretty young woman wearing something tight. And the caption reads: "Photoshop Didn't Exist Back Then, So Yes This Is Real."

Okay, that is just stupid: Photoshop exists NOW so an old photo (no matter HOW old) can be manipulated.

Sorry. It just irritates me and I had to find somewhere to vent. Please, go on about your business.
  • Amanda B ReckondwythAmanda B Reckondwyth Mystery Worship Editor
    Reminds me of a YouTube of Glenn Gould playing Beethoven's Sonata No. 32. I didn't think it was possible for anyone to play the piano that fast. Of course, nowadays digital sound tracks can be sped up or slowed down without affecting the pitch, but in Gould's day that technology did not exist. I'd like to believe that the speed at which the recording has Gould playing the piece is the speed at which he actually played it, but honestly I just don't know.
  • I got asked by a priest yesterday whether I had a version of the Bible I was comfortable with. I was confused there are so many versions on my bookshelf. In the end I answered that I do have a version I prefer for devotional use.
  • Why is it that angels in the Bible are "he" but Christmas tree Angels are "she"?
  • HedgehogHedgehog Shipmate
    Because Christmas angels are important, but Biblical angels are just bit parts.
  • Hedgehog wrote: »
    Because Christmas angels are important, but Biblical angels are just bit parts.

😀😂

Just read a wonderful estate agent's description for a property in a village near us.
    The comment was made that the Heads of the Valleys road could be accessed via a picturesque mountain road. It didn't say that to get onto the main mountain road to Dowlais Top, where you can get onto the Heads of the Valleys road, you first have to drive a few miles along a steep, winding, single track with passing places bus route.
    So not lying, but certainly being economical with the truth!
  • NicoleMRNicoleMR Shipmate
    My brother and i just took down my Christmas tree and undecorated my apartment.