Dark: Season 3 [Netflix]

ClimacusClimacus Shipmate
Is coming next month. Trailer.

After @Eutychus got me addicted last year [I think....time seems all over the place in this existence too], I think I'll watch seasons 1 and 2 again to refresh my memory.

Will anyone else be watching?

Comments

• EutychusEutychus Shipmate
    Of course! The only debate is indeed whether it's necessary to binge-watch the first two series first. Again.
    Well, that's season 1 dispensed with (for the third time). Spotted quite a few more things and noted just how evil Hannah is. Again. On to season 2...
    Hah. Bring on the parallel universes!
    Paging @Climacus ...

I just watched S3 E1.

Conclusions:

The writers are incredibly clever.
    Mind totally blown.
    Will make no sense whatsoever to anyone who hasn't watched S1 and S2.
    Paging @Climacus (again)...

Finished my binge-watch. It doesn't jump the shark, and my earlier prediction was (sort of) correct. Somebody needs to write the novel of the series.
  • How are there not more Shipmates addicted to this show?

I don’t think I’m writing a spoiler, but be warned.

I think the ending of season 3 was a bit too “resolved” - dare I say happy? - given the nature of the series, and season 3 was full of a lot of events that “needed” to happen to preserve the timeline a certain way with almost no explanation why.

The characters listed in the credits as young, middle aged and old unknown were perhaps the biggest disappointment. His (their?) life story needed to be fleshed out more.

• KarlLBKarlLB Shipmate
    I enjoyed the first two series but got completely lost in the third and can't make any sense of what's going on.
    I think @stonespring is right that almost inevitably (hah!) the third season ends up being quite busy tying up all the loose ends from the first two, which leads to a rather frenetic pace from about the middle of the series onwards.

There are all sorts of maps of timelines and convoluted family trees and explainer videos out there. I contented myself with watching seasons 1 & 2 three times before watching S3 to try and keep track of things, and basically gave up trying to keep track from that middle point of S3, sat back, and enjoyed the ride. I find the exploration of systemic family relationships fascinating.