Is Hell Closing Down?

And, more importantly, is this the beginning of the end?

Comments

• No, and no.

If you want to discuss Ship's business, then this is obviously the place to do it. But if you want to muse on the direction the Ship is heading, there's literally a thread in Purg for that purpose.
  • EnochEnoch Shipmate
    On seeing the title, there was I thinking (hoping?) a Shipmate had access to some apocalyptic prophetic information denied to the rest of us.

This thread's title almost merits its own citation in the 'Headlines of utter weirdness' thread.

• PigwidgeonPigwidgeon Shipmate
    'Hell is empty and all the devils are here.'
    ?
  • CaissaCaissa Shipmate
    Hell is other people-Sartre
  • I thought Jesus kicked everyone out already.
  • Amanda B ReckondwythAmanda B Reckondwyth 8th Day Host, Mystery Worship Editor
    Why would he do that?
  • FirenzeFirenze Shipmate, Host Emeritus
    'Why this is Hell, nor are we out of it'.
  • TubbsTubbs Admin
    Hell appears to have opened a new sub-branch if the temperature of my house is anything to go by ...
  • PigwidgeonPigwidgeon Shipmate
    I have a t-shirt which reads:
    "I'm sure to go to Heaven, 'cause I've served my time in Phoenix."

(For those of you complaining about your temperatures the past few days -- try to imagine 50C/122F!)

But it's a dry heat. :sweat_smile: The monsoons haven't started yet.
  • mousethiefmousethief Shipmate
    Why would he do that?

Doesn't like the place, would rather nobody hung out there.
    True, but he's content to let people make up their own minds as to where they want to spend eternity.
  • mousethiefmousethief Shipmate
    True, but he's content to let people make up their own minds as to where they want to spend eternity.

Apparently when he harrowed Hell, there was nobody who wanted to stick around.
  • They'd all gone to the Other School (near Windsor).
  • ChoristerChorister Shipmate
    Hell has not been the same since she of many sharpened teeth departed to a better place. It's still there, but different. O Death, where is thy sting? O Hades, where is thy victory? - as King James probably didn't say.
  • Nick TamenNick Tamen Shipmate
    They'd all gone to the Other School (near Windsor).
    :lol:

• RuthRuth Admin Emeritus
    The Styx is for discussing Ship's business. Kindly stick to that.

Ruth, Styx Host
  • DoublethinkDoublethink Shipmate
    edited June 28
    With all the recent policy changes, there has been much thread fettling - especially in Hell - is there any chance of the boards being purged of the closed threads ? I think it would bring more clarity, (and certainly if you open Hell at the moment it does look odd, though all the boards would benefit.).
  • Potentially, yes.

I'll consult backstage on this.
  • PendragonPendragon Shipmate
    It would probably need to be something like remove 7 days after closure to allow people the chance to see the announcement.
  • I think all those threads have been closed for more than a week anyway, so there's been plenty of notice of moving them to Oblivion or Limbo.
  • RossweisseRossweisse 8th Day Host, Hell Host
    Yup. That works for me.