You don't need my permission to be free, Insanely Humble

stetsonstetson Shipmate
re: your comments here.

And I think you know I wasn't intending to give you permission to provide other examples. "You are free to..." is just a polite expression meaning "Put up or shut up."

Comments

• TelfordTelford Shipmate
    Mr Humphries never needed permission to be free
  • Judging by the way @Insanely humble is ordering people about on *his* threads, I think we ought to congratulate him on his promotion.
  • It's not his thread, it's our thread. The OP isn't in charge.

Seriously, @Insanely humble - just calm the fuck down. We're not the enemy. You don't need to reply to every post. Respond if you have something of note to say that might move the conversation on. The constant stream of snark isn't what Purgatory is about.

You're welcome here, but you're just a bit wearing at the moment.
  • LydaLyda Shipmate
    That's putting it mildly.
  • orfeoorfeo Shipmate
    Another person who doesn't quite grasp that a message board isn't a blog.
  • stetsonstetson Shipmate
    If anyone still cares, this thread was originally in reply to what I believe is the 13th post on IH's US vs. UK Catholics thread. (I think I messed up the linkage in my OP.)
  • Linky seems to be OK, @Stetson!

(BTW, does a Hell call still require a PM to the person being called? The thread title is indeed obviously aimed at a particular person, but I wonder if that person has noticed it).
  • Let's cut the newbie some slack. Coach it, don't grump it.
  • I suspect the newbie knows very well what they're doing, and I am NOT (for the record) accusing them of trolling...
  • BoogieBoogie Shipmate
    edited February 23
    I think @Bishops Finger is right. The Insanely Humble one is not living up to the second part of their name.

They seem to be testing the water here. So maybe @NOprophet_NØprofit also has a point.

I was miffed when s/he called my perfectly reasonable comment ‘cute’, then said that’s fine because my avatar is a teddy bear, completely ignoring my point.

That’s like ignoring a person’s ideas just because they are good looking. Annoying.

I didn’t reply, it’s a fruitless exercise with point scorers. They just go on to find another point to score. That is not discussion.
    Linky seems to be OK, @Stetson!

Well, on my cell, the link takes you to the bottom of the thread, not to the post I was replying to.

I'll send a notice to Insanely Humble about this Hell thread.

• stetson wrote: »

Well, on my cell, the link takes you to the bottom of the thread, not to the post I was replying to.

O yes - I see what you mean. It took me to the bottom of the thread, too, but I didn't think that mattered too much.

Noted re message to the Insanely Humble One - it will be interesting to read their reply (if any)!
    stetson wrote: »

O yes - I see what you mean. It took me to the bottom of the thread, too, but I didn't think that mattered too much.

Well, my OP on this thread was specifically about the phrase "You are free to...", so I thought it would be helpful for people to see the original context.

And I actually wasn't particularly angry when I started this thread, it's just that I wanted to use the phrase "Put up or shut up", and I didn't think that would be kosher in Purgatory.

• jedijudyjedijudy Heaven Host, 8th Day Host
    orfeo wrote: »
    Which has been pointed out to Insanely Humble.
  • Indeed it has, and it makes me think that the Humble One knows exactly what they're about.
  • BoogieBoogie Shipmate
    “ I'm just trying to add some spice to the forum.”

Maybe s/he needs to pop over to the recipe thread?
  • Asafoetida?
  • orfeo wrote: »

Ohhhhhhhhh!
  • You guys crack me up. You think I want to stay here with a bunch of childish ********* ?
    No that's not fair. I know. There are some decent people but I doubt they responded to this thread.
    Well...this is Hell isn't it ?
  • Especially the humourless twat who started this thread.
  • You know, I hate to lose someone who starts a lot of discussions, and who has energy and interest on topics a lot of us have gone around and around on for years. But you're really pushing it. You are in fact forcing me to wonder if you are either a troll or a sockpuppet, given some of your complaints and targets.

But let's suppose that's true. You can still pull out of your nosedive before you self-destruct. It's not hard. Stop taking shoves at people in Purgatory. Stop being gratuitously nasty to people who haven't done you any harm. Or take them to Hell, if you must. At least you'd be in the correct location, and be less likely to attract hostly and adminly attention.

Dial it down from eleven and see if you can last longer. Because the way you're heading now, I give you a week, tops.

• You know, I hate to lose someone who starts a lot of discussions, and who has energy and interest on topics a lot of us have gone around and around on for years. But you're really pushing it. You are in fact forcing me to wonder if you are either a troll or a sockpuppet, given some of your complaints and targets.

But let's suppose that's true. You can still pull out of your nosedive before you self-destruct. It's not hard. Stop taking shoves at people in Purgatory. Stop being gratuitously nasty to people who haven't done you any harm. Or take them to Hell, if you must. At least you'd be in the correct location, and be less likely to attract hostly and adminly attention.

Dial it down from eleven and see if you can last longer. Because the way you're heading now, I give you a week, tops.

You really need to focus on being less long winded and less pompous. Is that a pre requ. For being C of E. clergy?
  • {Pushes ice cream cart through the crowd, distributing a selection of free ice cream, including non-dairy, sorbet, dairy, ice cream bars and sandwiches, ice cream bonbons, frozen smoothies, popsicles, froz-fruit sicles, frozen cheesecake on a stick, Ghirardelli sundaes, freeze-dried ice cream (a la NASA), and deep-fried ice cream. Napkins/serviettes and utensils provided.}
  • Golden Key wrote: »
    {Pushes ice cream cart through the crowd, distributing a selection of free ice cream, including non-dairy, sorbet, dairy, ice cream bars and sandwiches, ice cream bonbons, frozen smoothies, popsicles, froz-fruit sicles, frozen cheesecake on a stick, Ghirardelli sundaes, freeze-dried ice cream (a la NASA), and deep-fried ice cream. Napkins/serviettes and utensils provided.}

See...this is the standard of humour here....and I bet there are many who think it's funny
  • The world is much bigger than this forum. But seems that some treat this place as the whole universe. I pity them .
    Reminds me of those Twitter forum junkies. Same thing, just different drug of choice.
  • So why do you hang out here?
    So why do you hang out here?

Are you talking to me or Bishop Spudley?
  • Lamb ChoppedLamb Chopped Shipmate
    edited February 23
    We need the Mousethief coolers too. And the cashews.

Pity he's determined to self-destruct. munches

Thanks, Golden Key, don't mind if I do!
  • As I said above. You're welcome here. I don't understand why you'd want to come to a new site, ignore the rules, deliberately antagonise the regulars, and just generally insult people. Some of the threads you've started have been genuinely interesting, but yes, you need to calm down a bit. Not everything is a direct challenge - currently you're at us like a budgie at a mirror.
  • You guys crack me up. You think I want to stay here with a bunch of childish ********* ?
    No that's not fair. I know. There are some decent people but I doubt they responded to this thread.

Comments on the rules of hell and a good way to proceed.

Yes you can name call here, but it's really dumb to do so when you are the person the thread's about. The better path is to read through why several people object with how you've posted and to think about how you do it, and change it. Your posts suggest several possibilities to me:
    - that you think this forum is a game or a place to just have fun without taking it seriously
    - that you enjoy upsetting or irritating others in the way a child will poke a brother or sister to get a reaction from them, and continue until a parent responds.
    - that you may have limited experience with adult conversation online: this isn't anything like an app-based convo medium, nor a place to score points, liked or hates.

Can you dummy up please and take Purgatory discussions seriously? If it were summer and we were on a dock, I would throw you into the lake. And when you climbed back on the dock and repeated previous behaviour, I do it again. Until you stopped.
  • And get this. You are so humble as to condescend and forgive , and lucky me can get love and acceptance from such a warm and compassionate community and I would be so appreciative to belong to such a high status group.
  • Doc Tor wrote: »
    As I said above. You're welcome here. I don't understand why you'd want to come to a new site, ignore the rules, deliberately antagonise the regulars, and just generally insult people. Some of the threads you've started have been genuinely interesting, but yes, you need to calm down a bit. Not everything is a direct challenge - currently you're at us like a budgie at a mirror.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I am so stealing this.
  • The username reminds me of Uriah Heep being "ever so umble".
  • My, sarcasm just drips down the walls here, doesn't it?
    My, sarcasm just drips down the walls here, doesn't it?

But you lack humour unfort. Keep trying.

Comments on the rules of hell and a good way to proceed.

Yes you can name call here, but it's really dumb to do so when you are the person the thread's about. The better path is to read through why several people object with how you've posted and to think about how you do it, and change it. Your posts suggest several possibilities to me:
    - that you think this forum is a game or a place to just have fun without taking it seriously
    - that you enjoy upsetting or irritating others in the way a child will poke a brother or sister to get a reaction from them, and continue until a parent responds.
    - that you may have limited experience with adult conversation online: this isn't anything like an app-based convo medium, nor a place to score points, liked or hates.

Can you dummy up please and take Purgatory discussions seriously? If it were summer and we were on a dock, I would throw you into the lake. And when you climbed back on the dock and repeated previous behaviour, I do it again. Until you stopped.

Putting his mature hat on. Just awesome.
  • I was supposed to be the target here. Sorry about that .
  • KarlLBKarlLB Shipmate
    You know, I hate to lose someone who starts a lot of discussions, and who has energy and interest on topics a lot of us have gone around and around on for years. But you're really pushing it. You are in fact forcing me to wonder if you are either a troll or a sockpuppet, given some of your complaints and targets.

Only if the hosts and admins are feeling generous...
  • I was supposed to be the target here. Sorry about that .
  • Well, yeah, Karl. But I'm an incurable optimist.
  • IH--

Again: why do you hang out here?
    IH--

Again: why do you hang out here?

You are growing on me golden...
    ..like terminal cancer
  • KarlLBKarlLB Shipmate
    He's a charmer for sure. If it wasn't that he's apparently 'Strine I'd put it down to a pint or three too many (it's gone midnight here) but no, can't be that. Hot sun and fizzy lager?
  • Come on. Last chance to put the boot in.
    It's your party. Not mine.
  • KarlLB wrote: »
    He's a charmer for sure. If it wasn't that he's apparently 'Strine I'd put it down to a pint or three too many (it's gone midnight here) but no, can't be that. Hot sun and fizzy lager?

Don't know. It's kind of like watching Minnie Mouse beating her chest and yelling, "Come at me, bro!"

Don't know. It's kind of like watching Minnie Mouse beating her chest and yelling, "Come at me, bro!"

Ouch! Below the belt choppers. Come on. Be fair.
    Only if the hosts and admins are feeling generous...

You know us all too well.
  • @Insanely humble I don't know what passes as good manners in your neck of the woods but in mine you're being a boor and a bore. Either grow up or fu*k off.
  • @Insanely humble I don't know what passes as good manners in your neck of the woods but in mine you're being a boor and a bore. Either grow up or fu*k off.

Thanks organism or is that orgasm?
  • edited February 24
    covid got you bored?
    windshield washer out of fluid?
    try your other hand
This discussion has been closed.