Still needing a life: the all new post count thread

Since there is at least one Shipmate about to break the 1000 posts mark on these new boards, I thought that maybe it's time to have a thread to mark such occasions.

Comments

• Um... goodness!
  • jedijudyjedijudy Heaven Host
    Heavens, Euty!! Good job!
  • The sharp eyed will have noticed that following the system upgrade yesterday morning that post counts are no longer visible ... so we'll no longer know who's in desperate need of a real life.
  • BoogieBoogie Shipmate
    Unless the Powers that be let us know ;)
  • MMMMMM Shipmate
    edited May 2018
    I wondered where it had disappeared to! I assumed I was just going batty. 'Sharp eyed' is nicer, 'batty' more likely.

MMM
  • LeRocLeRoc Shipmate
    The sharp eyed will have noticed that following the system upgrade yesterday morning that post counts are no longer visible ... so we'll no longer know who's in desperate need of a real life.
    Says you with 893 posts.

• Curiosity killedCuriosity killed Shipmate
    edited May 2018
    You can still see them in profile (this will still give me 870 posts).

Edited to update the post count
    I just figured my old laptop was messing with me. Again.
    So, the post counts disappeared on purpose! And it wasn't just my naughty 'puter!
  • mousethiefmousethief Shipmate
    I'll never reclaim my old title unless I play "spring". Which doesn't seem enticing.
  • You could start a more enticing game?
  • mousethiefmousethief Shipmate
    I always get bored with them. My old post-count was built on oversharing my over-valued opinions. Also from having a lot of free time, which no longer is the case. But it's okay. Don't weep for me. I will endure the pain. I needs must.
  • Mine's so high after 7 weeks off sick as the new boards started. I doubt I'm going to keep this up either.
  • BoogieBoogie Shipmate
    I’ve always liked word association - I often try to get people playing it in the car.

:smile:
  • PigletPiglet All Saints Host, Circus Host
    I'm quite enjoying Spring - it amuses me to see who else's thought processes are the same as mine.
    By my reckoning, this should be my 1000th post. Crikey.
  • Gah. Pipped at the post.
    Only just! :mrgreen:
  • I can't even find my post count in my profile. I find this oddly distressing.
  • LydaLyda Shipmate
    Yeah, it seems to count only visits, not posts. Can you tell us the reason, Alan?
  • Look under the picture - "discussions" are the threads you started; "comments" are the number of posts.
    ---
    * A cyclist on the information bikepath
    * AKA Fafnir the Thurifer
  • LydaLyda Shipmate
    Thanks, now I see.
  • And this should be 1000 for me too.

(It's being stuck inside, honest.)
  • And, that's me just slipped past the 1000 mark as well.
  • Lawks a mussy me! I'm up to 865 already....

:flushed:

IJ
  • Still stuck inside - this should be post 2000
  • I think this is my 1996th.
    edited September 2018
    Sorry that you're still stuck indoors, CK, but congratulations on your 2K!

I've just checked mine, and I'm not that far behind - this was 1987. Must keep an eye open ...
  • @Eutychus has reached 2000 today too, looking, since he posted this morning. I'm not sure congratulations are in order for all those posts.
  • You are all quite remarkable!
    I am still under 100 posts despite the fact that I visit the Ship most days.......
  • finelinefineline Kerygmania Host
    Mine is 1,254. This post will therefore be 1,255.
    By my calculations, this should be 2,000. How did I manage that in just a few months?
  • How is it that I haven't even hit 1,000 yet?

I haven't gotten to 500 yet!
    I'm just basking in the wisdom of y'all instead of posting, I guess!
  • 265 - since I gave up hosting the Circus, I really can't keep up.
    You can still always join in the games - that's part of what put my post count up (although being a Host has a bit to do with it too).
  • This is #673. I feel like such an underachiever...
  • @Eutychus has reached 2000 today too, looking, since he posted this morning. I'm not sure congratulations are in order for all those posts.

I trust you mean congratulations are in order for at least some of them? My ego is fragile.
  • Curiosity killedCuriosity killed Shipmate
    edited September 2018
    No, I meant my posts - which include regular visits to Spring and Three Word Story - I didn't separate the two thoughts.

Your posts tend to have a lot of thought and care included.
  • It was in jest!!
  • ClimacusClimacus Shipmate
    edited September 2018
    0.85 posts per visit for Euty, and CK also on 0.85. My stats mind is thinking of possibilities of analysis...

edit: wrong division
  • At least I can be quiet some of the time. I'd be on more than 1 per visit if I couldn't shut up occasionally. @Climacus you have posted at a rate of 0.81 posts per visit.
  • Hmm but that's probably very device-dependent. I almost always access the Ship on a computer and leave the tab open all the time when not obssessively watching railcams or occasionally, working.
  • finelinefineline Kerygmania Host
    I have more posts than visits - though there are actually quite a few times when I visit and don't post! When I do post, though, I normally post in several threads.
    I very rarely visit without saying anything, whether I have anything worth saying or not ... :blush:
  • Seeing your avatar always makes me smile, Piglet, even before I've read your post.
    Aaahh! 🐖 :smile:
  • I've made it over 1,000!
    edited November 2018
    Good on you, Ross - here's to your next 1,000! :smiley:

I seem to have just scooted past 2,500.
    You ladies are amazing! I still haven't hit 700!
    I'm not sure that "amazing" is quite the right word in my case, JJ - "garrulous" might be a better one! :mrgreen: