All Things New

MamacitaMamacita Kerygmania Host
"And the one who was seated on the throne said, “See, I am making all things new.” Also he said, “Write this, for these words are trustworthy and true.” (Rev. 21:5)

On the auspicious occasion of having a new Ship to play with, what other quotations from Holy Writ come to mind? Feel free to use the KJV, NRSV, NIV, ESV, whatever, including the OTTOMHV (off the top of my head version).

Comments

• Barnabas62Barnabas62 Purgatory Host, Dead Horses Host
    In this world you will have trouble. (John16:33b)
  • And lo they did declare "the old wineskin was better"
  • Isaiah 65:17 - See, I will create new boards and a new magazine section. The former things will not be remembered, nor will they come to mind.

I may be paraphrasing...
  • Rev 21:1
    And I saw a new website and a new Ship: for the first website and the first Ship were passed away; and there was no more sea. But since we now had anti-grav, we didn't need it anyway.
  • MooMoo Kerygmania Host
    Who are you to judge another's servant?
  • roybartroybart Shipmate
    Sing to the Lord a new song. (Psalm 96). For those who like to sing shanties as they swab the deck but are tired of Dead Horses.

• HedgehogHedgehog Shipmate
    Ecclesiastes 11:1
    Cast thy Boards upon the waters, for thou shalt figure out how to use them after many days.
  • Exodus 20:1 (in the original draft):
    And God said "O shit! I had some wonderful commandments written, but then my browser failed before I had a chance to save them."
  • Gramps49Gramps49 Shipmate
    Then there is Lot's wife, who turned to look back, and was turned into a pillar of salt.
  • ClimacusClimacus Shipmate
    A modified Deuteronomy 13:6-8a:
    If your very own brother, or your son or daughter, or the wife you love, or your closest friend secretly entices you, saying, “Let us go and [use other emoticons]” ([emoticons] that neither you nor your ancestors have known, [emoticons] of the peoples around you, whether near or far, from one end of the land to the other), do not yield to them or listen to them.
  • :lol:

Galatians 6:11:
    See what hideous serif fonts I use as I post to you with my own hand!
  • MooMoo Kerygmania Host
    Psalm 43:3
    O send out your light and your truth;
    let them lead me;
    let them bring me to your holy hill
    and to your dwelling.
    <<
  • Acts 27:44 (KJV) seems to sum up our obsolete software and transition very well:
    And the rest, some on boards, and some on broken pieces of the Ship. And so it came to pass, that they escaped all safe to land.
  • EsmeraldaEsmeralda Shipmate, Waving not Drowning Host
    Exodus 20:1 (in the original draft):
    And God said "O shit! I had some wonderful commandments written, but then my browser failed before I had a chance to save them."

Moses downloaded them from the Cloud onto his tablet...
  • HarryCHHarryCH Shipmate
    In those days there was no king in Israel and every man did what was best in his own sight.