Thank you all

As this year draws to a close, I just wanted to say "Thank you" to all those who keep this fine vessel afloat. If it weren't for you and your generous giving of your time, this haven of sanity in a mad world (or perhaps haven of madness in a sane world!) would not exist.

I've drifted in and out over the years, but the wonderful tech people, hosts, admins, MW editor and of course the Shipmates keep me coming back. And living alone, and battling bipolar, this place has been a comfort in many dark moments. This is a most wonderful corner of the internet. And the changes in the new Ship have been wondrous.

Thank you. And a blessed Christmas season to you all, and here's to an even better voyage in 2019!

Ian.

Comments

• Amanda B ReckondwythAmanda B Reckondwyth Mystery Worship Editor
    I daresay most of us feel as you do, Climacus. A pleasure to be on board with you. Calm seas and prosperous voyage to you as the New Year unfolds.
  • RossweisseRossweisse Shipmate, 8th Day Host
    Agreed. Thank you to everyone who works hard to keep this vessel shipshape and afloat.
  • Amen!
    Hear, hear!
  • Much gratitude, thank you!
  • Gee DGee D Shipmate
    We concur
  • (Bah humbug)
  • Barnabas62Barnabas62 Purgatory Host, Dead Horses Host
    I've got a feeling chocolate gifts must be a thing of the past (sob) because of Data Protection limitations. But thanks for your thanks. Pray for Doc Tor ...
  • My thanks too, for all you do.
  • Barnabas62 wrote: »
    I've got a feeling chocolate gifts must be a thing of the past (sob) because of Data Protection limitations. But thanks for your thanks. Pray for Doc Tor ...

I have never dealt with hosts info apart from which country they lived in and that only because I allow people to restrict themselves to sending to a host in the same country. Otherwise the sending address is done by pm from host to sender.

I believe only collect the information you need.
  • jedijudyjedijudy Heaven Host
    Gosh. :blush:
    You all are welcome! I'm not crying, those are happy tears!
  • finelinefineline Kerygmania Host
    I haven't been a host very long, but I enjoy it and am thankful for the hosts and admins welcoming me and all the hard work they do. And thankful for the Ship in general and all the people on it. I wish blessings on everyone.
  • Barnabas62Barnabas62 Purgatory Host, Dead Horses Host
    Jengie Jon wrote: »
    Barnabas62 wrote: »

I have never dealt with hosts info apart from which country they lived in and that only because I allow people to restrict themselves to sending to a host in the same country. Otherwise the sending address is done by pm from host to sender.

Jengie. I'm so appreciative of your past work on our behalf.
  • Hear, hear! I don't post much anymore but I read here every day. Can't imagine my life without it.
  • LothlorienLothlorien All Saints Host
    Thank you all.
  • Agreed - many thanks 💕💕
  • Curiosity killedCuriosity killed Shipmate, 8th Day Host
    Many thanks to everyone

(And I thought I posted on this thread yesterday. This time it wasn't the glitch saving a draft when I've posted, just me deleting the intended post.)
  • Jengie Jon wrote: »
    Barnabas62 wrote: »

As the chocolate pool works on an opt in basis and the data isn't used for any other purpose or retained, we should be GDPR compliant. :smiley:

Thank you for all the good wishes. A (belated) Merry Christmas to everyone on board. All the best for 2019
  • Many thanks for all those involved in keeping the ship afloat. Please accept a virtual pint
  • JapesJapes Shipmate
    Many thanks from me too. 16 years ago today I meandered on board...
  • Schroedingers CatSchroedingers Cat Shipmate, Waving not Drowning Host
    Enough with all the brown-nosing to the hosts and admins. Admit it - like me you hate them all and curse them under your breath.

:grin:

Seriously, you are all amazing, and do a great job. The ship retains its distinctive character because of what you do (and don't do). You rock all of you.
  • Hip-Hip for all the admins and hosts! And all the folks who periodically consult re programming and site functions.
    :unworthy:
  • Indeed. I agree with the well deserved accolades being heaped upon our hosts and admins. You all do a great job.
  • Tree BeeTree Bee Shipmate
    The ship means a lot to me. Thanks to everyone who helps to keep it afloat.
  • PigletPiglet All Saints Host, Circus Host
    Thanks, all, from this little porcine host, and my appreciation to all of you for being a very nice part of my life. :smiley: