Behold, I bring new life!

Comments

• HuiaHuia Shipmate
    YaY, congratulations Marvin and family.
  • MMMMMM Shipmate
    Congratulations to the resident Martian family!

MMM
  • JapesJapes Shipmate
    Congratulations Marvin and Mrs Marvin, and welcome to earth to the Martian hatchling.
  • Hurray!
  • Congrats Marvin & Mrs Martian. Welcome to the world Hatchling!
  • Congratulations!
  • Brilliant news, and congratulations Marvin and Mrs Martian. Hope everything goes well with you all.
  • Congratulations
  • jedijudyjedijudy Heaven Host, 8th Day Host
    edited January 2019
    Congratulations, Mr. and Mrs. Marvin! Welcome to Earth, young Hatchling!
  • bassobasso Shipmate
    Welcome to the hatching, and best wishes to the Martians.
  • Congratulations on the arrival of another Martian!
    Speaking from experience, this is a nice time of year for a birthday.
  • The invasion continues: I hope the overlord is satisfied. May the hatchling have a long, happy and peaceful life.
  • I meant to say that it was very clever of the hatchling to give a bit of space between Christmas and their birthday for people to want to celebrate again. Too close to Christmas means birthdays are absorbed into those festivities and get lost.
  • Congratulations to the Martians!
  • RossweisseRossweisse Shipmate, 8th Day Host, Hell Host
    Well, in the end it was early this year rather than the end of last year. But the hatchling has now arrived ...
    What wonderful news!

• balaambalaam Shipmate
    Congratulations to Mr & Mrs Martian on their new Hatchling. Welcome to planet Earth.
  • Mazel tov!
  • LuciaLucia Shipmate
    Congratulations Marvin and family!
  • Congratulations to you all!
  • Lovely news! Congratulations!
  • NenyaNenya Shipmate
    Yay! Congratulations and welcome to the Hatchling. My daughter's birthday is in January and she likes to have it to look forward to once Christmas is over.
  • Well, to our delight, we now have TWO new grandchildren to look forward to - not only are Miss S and SiL expecting a sibling for The Intrepid Grandson, in August, but last night Master S and DiL announced that their first is due in September!

HOW EXCITING!

Mrs. S, overjoyed
  • MaryLouiseMaryLouise Purgatory Host, 8th Day Host
    Wonderful news, Mrs S!
  • that's brilliant news @The Intrepid Mrs S
  • NenyaNenya Shipmate
    This is wonderful news! Congratulations to everyone on the Impending Intrepid Grandchildren!
    Mrs. S, how exciting!!!
  • finelinefineline Kerygmania Host, 8th Day Host
    That's great news, Mrs S. :smile:
  • Thank you all - we are naturally thrilled, even The Dowager seems to have taken in the news!
  • PigletPiglet All Saints Host, Circus Host
    Excellent news, Mrs. S!

My nephew and his wife had a little boy last week, so I have another reason to want to get over the pond and meet him! :heart:
  • Lovely, Piglet!
    Excellent, Mrs. S!
  • Hooray and hallelujah, Master S's firstborn is to be a little girl! They found out yesterday, had every intention of keeping it to themselves, and then just exploded with delight* and told everybody.

* not literally.

That will add a bit of balance to the grandfamily :smiley:

• SarasaSarasa Shipmate
    I meant to say congratulations on the two new grandchildren to be ages ago. itll be good for the cousins to have playmates of a similar age.
  • NenyaNenya Shipmate
    That's so lovely, Mrs S.
    Excellent, Mrs. S! You can have lots of fun buying/making* seriously cute clothes for her! :heart:

* I can't remember whether you're a "maker" or not.
  • Puppet clothes and cushion covers, curtains, that sort of things - not seriously cute baby clothes! When I was a baby/small child, the Dowager made me beautiful smocked dresses and a moss crepe christening robe which i have still - though it hasn't been used in decades - and I certainly don't aspire to those levels.

Mrs. S, wishing she hadn't sent back the red dinosaur dungarees that turned out to be pink...
  • MrsBeakyMrsBeaky Shipmate
    Little Beaky is expecting a baby brother or sister in early July. His lovely parents were not even sure they wanted another as they have their hands so full with his care but it just happened and they are thrilled!
    Due to the disaster with the birth of Little Beaky our daughter is now under a different hospital and team and for everyone's peace of mind will have a planned Caesarian.
    For all that we're all a bit ansty and probably will be until this little one safely arrives.
  • Good luck to all the grandmothers-to-be and their daughters and daughters-in-law.

Baby knitting is fun because it's so quick. Adult knitting is slow as each piece is so enormous
  • Prayers for all, Mrs Beaky. I can crochet but don’t do much. No links here but today I saw crocheted baby slippers called kimono slippers. For babies, several patterns online, all free. They would be a good project for coming babies or for stalls etc. very cute, especially in variegated sock yarn
  • HuiaHuia Shipmate
    Praying for Little Beaky's tinier sibling and all involved.
  • ClimacusClimacus Shipmate
    edited May 2019
    Best and warmest wishes to all the Beakys.

Baby knitting is fun because it's so quick. Adult knitting is slow as each piece is so enormous
    Speaking of enormous knitting...
    In a celebration of birthing, motherhood and the miracle of human life, a team of 20 dedicated women in regional Victoria has been working together to knit a giant placenta.

The local opportunity shop provided 900 stained or damaged t-shirts for the community arts installation.

150 kilograms (~330.7 lbs), 3 metres in height.
  • BoogieBoogie Shipmate
    Hooray and hallelujah, Master S's firstborn is to be a little girl! They found out yesterday, had every intention of keeping it to themselves, and then just exploded with delight* and told everybody.

* not literally.

That will add a bit of balance to the grandfamily :smiley:

Congratulations @The Intrepid Mrs S - I like the fact that they can know the sex of the baby. My niece is having a baby in July and knowing she’s a little girl helps me imagine her, it adds to the anticipation, I think.

💕💕

• BoogieBoogie Shipmate
    I’m going to be an Omi (Granny in German)

I’m very excited.

Here is the scan of the little one - s/he looks like a baby already at 12 weeks. 💕💕
  • PigwidgeonPigwidgeon Shipmate
    Congratulations, Omi Boogie!
    Oh, Boogie! How wonderful! Congratulations!!
    Congratulations, Boogie! :smiley:
  • NenyaNenya Shipmate
    Lovely news, Boogie!
  • Lovely news for you and the family, Boogie.
  • ClimacusClimacus Shipmate
    Herzlichen Glückwunsch!
    ("Congratulations", if my 16 yo German holds up; it may not as I thought grandma was Oma).

Wonderful news!
    Brava, Boogie!