Please see Styx thread on the Registered Shipmates consultation for the main discussion forums - your views are important, continues until April 4th.

Ship of Fools: St Laurence, Hilmarton, England

imageShip of Fools: St Laurence, Hilmarton, England

A lot of salt, but fun nonetheless

Read the full Mystery Worshipper report here

Comments

• A small congregation - but was it smaller than usual, I wonder, because of Storm Ciara, raging across England that weekend?
  • Yes, probably. I went on to Salisbury cathedral, where we were thanked for turning up! Salisbury Plain, though dramatic, was not blocked by fallen trees. I dropped in last summer at Hilmarton's communion service (same time; different Sunday) and there were quite a lot of people.
  • Good! That shows there may be Life at Hilmarton yet...
    :wink:

Frankly, anyone who went out to church last Sunday morning deserves some Brownie points for sheer faithfulness. I understand Storm Dennis is set to repeat Ciara's performance this coming Sunday...
    :scream:
  • I can't say that God is angry with your country for supporting the current occupant of the White House, like I can say for ours . . . but is he angry at you for leaving the EU?
  • EU may think that. I couldn't possibly comment.

These storms do, however, seem to be coming at us from across the Pond...
  • Ah, but are we attracting them, or are They sending us them?
  • For whatever reason, the whole country seems to be going under. Today I failed to get to the service I was hoping Mystery Worship at.
  • Better luck next time!

Not so much wind today, so a reasonable turn-out at Our Place, considering the apprentice monsoon outside...but our older folk sensibly stayed indoors nevertheless.
  • Let's get back on track, please. Thanks.
  • Sorry, Miss Amanda - I forgot which thread we're on... :blush: