Please see Styx thread on the Registered Shipmates consultation for the main discussion forums - your views are important, continues until April 4th.

Ship of Fools: Mannofield Parish Church, Aberdeen, Scotland

imageShip of Fools: Mannofield Parish Church, Aberdeen, Scotland

Did Judas have a point?

Read the full Mystery Worshipper report here

Comments

• Thanks for another interesting and enjoyable report, @Urganda!

One minor note I’ll make, if I may: Church of Scotland/Presbyterian churches don’t have an “altar.” In a Presbyterian church, that particular furnishing is called the communion table or simply the table (sometimes capitalized as the Communion Table or the Table). In the context of celebrating the sacrament, it may also be called the Lord’s table/Table. But the term “altar” is intentionally not used.
  • UrgandaUrganda Shipmate
    Thanks so much. I know I often get the technical details wrong. I'm learning.
  • Urganda wrote: »
    Thanks so much. I know I often get the technical details wrong. I'm learning.
    Learning quite well, it seems to me! I can’t recall many if any other technical details I’ve seen you get wrong. (Of course, I may not realize something’s an error. :grin: )

But it really isn’t made easy for you and other MWers when such things can vary from denomination to denomination.

• @Urganda, well done, and thanks!
  • UrgandaUrganda Shipmate
    Thanks Bishop's Finger. Is this the place to express a wish that you might make a virtual journey?
  • Ha! I've just re-registered as a Mystery Worshipper (my last Report was about 15 years ago)...

I have one or two places in mind...being nowadays rather challenged as regards personal mobility, online services are a lot easier to access, IYSWIM!

And, of course, Real Services™ are unavailable, anyway...
    :disappointed:
  • I for one can hardly wait to see the results of your first virtual excursion.
  • You probably won't need your Smelling Salts, Miss Amanda, but thank you, anyway!
    :wink: