Please see Styx thread on the Registered Shipmates consultation for the main discussion forums - your views are important, continues until April 4th.

Comments

• HighfiveHighfive Shipmate Posts: 22
    Um, hi!

I’d like to apologize for my rudeness in the above thread from last year. I was impatient, possibly due to the upcoming marriage equality vote, and I did not take the time to construct my questions with sensitivity in mind.

Back then, I was pursuing a career in Security and I have a phobia for legal caveats that you don’t see coming. After a brief entry into the industry, I’ve realized that it isn’t my calling, so accurate gender identification isn’t that high on my priority list anymore. I value the wisdom here on the Ship and I’m willing to explain myself further to anyone I offended.
  • CrœsosCrœsos Shipmate
    Highfive wrote: »
    Um, hi!

I’d like to apologize for my rudeness in the above thread from last year.

For a brief refresher on @Highfive's posts from eight months ago, here's a quick summary.
    Highfive wrote: »
    I was impatient, possibly due to the upcoming marriage equality vote, and I did not take the time to construct my questions with sensitivity in mind.

Back then, I was pursuing a career in Security and I have a phobia for legal caveats that you don’t see coming. After a brief entry into the industry, I’ve realized that it isn’t my calling, so accurate gender identification isn’t that high on my priority list anymore. I value the wisdom here on the Ship and I’m willing to explain myself further to anyone I offended.

I'm more interested in how you're adapting to the dystopian hellscape that is post-marriage-referendum Australia. Has your insistence on pronoun conformity resulted in a spate of legal actions against you? Are you just now released from the forced re-education center? Share with us your tale of gender-inclusive woe!
  • HighfiveHighfive Shipmate Posts: 22
    I don't really have any tales of woe to tell. I was working for two weeks and nothing happened. No-one fainted, no gaff-tape to cut.

Some of the folks at my parent's Baptist church were wishing that Christ would return before the Commonwealth Games so they wouldn't assigned with temporary accommodation duty for the extra staff arrivals, but that was it. No Marxist concentration camps where we're all lead into showers and covered in glitter.
This discussion has been closed.