Please see Styx thread on the Registered Shipmates consultation for the main discussion forums - your views are important, continues until April 4th.

Ship of Fools: Paton Memorial, Port Vila, Vanuatu

imageShip of Fools: Paton Memorial, Port Vila, Vanuatu

Ship of Fools

Read the full Mystery Worshipper report here

Comments

• Call me over-sensitive, but it strikes me as decidedly unchristian to leave a live pig trussed out on the lawn. It may have been protected by the shadow of the tree once, but judging from the photo it looks like the sun is coming around on this admittedly hot day to roast the pig alive.
  • An interesting report from a country I'd never heard of, and had to look up on Google!

I see that pigs are signs of wealth in Vanuatu, so presumably this animal was a generous gift. I wonder what happened to him/her?
    :fearful:
  • Alan29Alan29 Shipmate
    Maybe they had a parish BBQ lined up for later.
  • I'd feel better about it had the pig simply been tethered to the tree -- not, erm, hog-tied.
  • Bishops FingerBishops Finger Shipmate
    edited August 2020
    I was about to remark (on reading the Report) how envious I was of the good people of Vanuatu in being able to SING in church - when I spotted that the Report was 9 years old...
    I'd feel better about it had the pig simply been tethered to the tree -- not, erm, hog-tied.

*groan* - but yes, I agree...
    :disappointed:
  • Gee DGee D Shipmate
    I'd feel better about it had the pig simply been tethered to the tree -- not, erm, hog-tied.

The pig might have felt better also.
  • Thank you for pillaging the archives for these old reports that I had missed! Facsinating!
  • Thanks, although the software does it automatically without invervention from me.