Rossweisse
RIP Rossweisse, HellHost and long-time Shipmate.
Please see the thread in All Saints remembering her.

Comments

• Good grief.
    :open_mouth:

Please could you give us a little background information on the history of this extraordinary collection? I somehow don't think it came from one of the Church of England's usual ecclesiastical suppliers...
    :worried:
  • Ah yes. I see now. How very useful. Cheap at twice the price!
    :wink:
  • ZappaZappa Ecclesiantics Host
    I like the idea of bopping the communicant on the noggin to render him/her non compus mentis before administering communion. Makes it so much easier to administer. The pistol may be excessive though.
  • LydaLyda Shipmate
    Yeah, I looked at the wooden stake and thought, "Vampires!"

I hope it was never used on some innocent but weird souls the way women were persecuted as witches.
  • Lyda wrote: »
    Yeah, I looked at the wooden stake and thought, "Vampires!"

I hope it was never used on some innocent but weird souls the way women were persecuted as witches.

Nah, it's a fake. Most of the vampire mythology is a creation of Hammer Horror.
  • BroJamesBroJames Purgatory Host, 8th Day Host
    Obviously a fake. No New Testament of the age that one pretends to be would have KJV stamped in the spine.
  • One previous owner: Bishop Sean Manchester?
  • "Hammer Horror"? Is that related to the "Hammer Of Witches"/"Malleus Maleficarum"?

Thx.
  • {tangential tech question}

Question: The link in the OP comes up as being for a Microsoft One Drive account, via live.com.

I use *my* One Drive in basic ways. (I neither understand nor like it well.) I've never done anything that draws from someone else's One Drive account.

No reflection on Foaming Draught personally. But this is new to me, and I didn't even know it could be done. Is this generally considered safe?

Thx.
  • Foaming DraughtFoaming Draught Shipmate
    edited September 24
    This tangent belongs in a Heaven or other techie thread, but since you've asked: Yes, just as a Dropbox or iCloud (I use all three) link would be. Or Google Drive. Make a new folder for each pic or other item which you want to share (so that viewers aren't navigating within a folder with multiple files), stick the to-be-shared file in that new folder, create a link and share it. You can make a password compulsory, but that isn't viewer-friendly for a trivial pic. Ensure that the file isn't editable (unless you want it to be).

Since I have to use MS Office anyway, I might as well take advantage of the bundled 1TB cloud storage. Not to mention being able to offer 1TB to each of 4 rellies/friends/acquaintances.
    Golden Key wrote: »
    {tangential tech question}

Question: The link in the OP comes up as being for a Microsoft One Drive account, via live.com.
    But this is new to me, and I didn't even know it could be done. Is this generally considered safe?

• {tangent}

FD--

Thanks. I only asked here because the link was used here, and it's the first time I've come across that kind. I don't use Dropbox or iCloud, either, and I don't think I've come across links that use them. I've occasionally come across Google Drive links, but mostly avoid them--I try to have as little to do with Google as possible.

Anyway, thx for the patient explanation. I can check it out further myself.

{/tangent}