Trumpton - the rant thread

Comments

• Simon ToadSimon Toad Shipmate
    Thanks Pigwidgeon. That does help. I figured it must be something like that, and I certainly have the judgement and gravitas to participate in such a project. However, that is a very good reason not to make me Prime Minister. Personally, I would open every single interview of Trump or Guiliani by referring to this video and asking them to explain it again.
  • BoogieBoogie Shipmate
    edited May 2018
    Hmmm ...

This could get interesting!

“Mariann Wang is demanding access to the unedited video archive of the complete footage of tape from the season that Zervos was a contestant on The Apprentice. Not just the episodes, but the uncut footage that didn't appear on the program, and the outtakes. Any footage in which Trump either speaks to, or about Zervos, Wang wants to see, and possibly introduce into evidence. And, considering the fact that she is limiting the scope of discovery only to portions that deal specifically with Summer Zervos, she will likely get what she asks for.”
    edited May 2018
    I love Trumplethinskin.

I note that the client changed lawyers. This is generally regarded as a bad sign by the legal profession even though one change of lawyer is often not a problem. The difficulty with clients changing lawyers is that they might be unwilling to take legal advice (leading inevitably to the rendering of an account) or they have a kangaroo loose in the top paddock (render account and ask for large up-front deposit into trust account) or they are the complaining type (render account, ask for large deposit into trust account, find excuse to sack them asap, confirm every word you say to them in writing).

You do NOT want a client with any of those issues, especially one involved in a high profile case. Life is too short for that kind of hassle.
    Rudi Giuliani. I have been able to make some sort of sense of the drag video, because I remembered that some blokes over here, often footy players, think that men dressing up as women is amazing, and that when someone pretends to sexually harass them it is just fall-on-the-floor laugh-out-loud funny. So I am able to put Trump and Giuliani into cultural context. They are what we like to call in Australia "arseholes".

But Rudi Giuliani prosecuted the mob. He was Mayor of New York. He was talked about as a future President of the United States. He may not be everybody's favorite person, but he is a person of substance. He's an arsehole, obviously, but so is Bill Clinton. Many people who achieve tremendous things are also complete jerks.

Since his appointment as Trump's legal adviser he has been pilloried for effectively undermining his client's position, and now he is saying that 'Spygate' is a PR strategy, a long-term effort to discredit the Mueller Investigation and avoid impeachment.

Cue all the comedy shows laughing at stupid, bumbling idiotic Giuliani.

But I don't think Giuliani (or Trump) are stupid. I think they are both evil.

So what are these two evil bastards doing? Why are they saying these things, and allowing themselves to be seen as stupid? What's the strategy?
  • RooKRooK Admin Emeritus
    Aliens? With, like, brainwave waving waves?

Or, bear with me here, they really are kind of stupid. Exactly the kind of stupid that happens to make a very large section of the electorate feel best-represented by. Because even not-so-stupid people will buy into stupid if it's what is required to justify what they want to believe.

For example: religion. Super-popular, right? But really kind of stupid.
  • BoogieBoogie Shipmate
    edited May 2018
    trump isn’t stupid. He has some kind of savvy and ability to manipulate people. But he doesn’t bother to learn anything, neither does he care to. He believes he already knows it all on every subject.

That’s the dangerous thing - because he’s actually easily swayed any which way, without knowing it. Plus he does not care the slightest jot for anyone except himself.
  • Amanda B ReckondwythAmanda B Reckondwyth Mystery Worship Editor
    Simon Toad wrote: »
    Rudi Giuliani prosecuted the mob. He was Mayor of New York. He was talked about as a future President of the United States.
    He was an effective prosecutor but universally despised as mayor -- until 9/11, when he stepped forward and admirably pulled New York through the crisis.

If I remember correctly, he withdrew from consideration as a presidential candidate because he was battling prostate cancer.

Perhaps it has metastasized to his brain after all.
    RooK wrote: »
    Aliens? With, like, brainwave waving waves?

Or, bear with me here, they really are kind of stupid. Exactly the kind of stupid that happens to make a very large section of the electorate feel best-represented by. Because even not-so-stupid people will buy into stupid if it's what is required to justify what they want to believe.

For example: religion. Super-popular, right? But really kind of stupid.

Yeah but that kind of stupid isn't stupid at all. That's more evil genius territory, but with Trump and Giuliani, I'm not saying they are geniuses. Everybody knows about the race card and other forms of playing on people's prejudices. They are just prepared to go lower than their opponents. That's why they are evil.

But it worries me that I can't work out their strategy. Why has Giuliani admitted that Spygate is just a PR stunt? Generally, people don't like that.
  • Volcano with poison gas erupting in the wrong place.
  • BoogieBoogie Shipmate
    edited June 2018
    Look here mr trump, your ranting about Mueller looks a lot like guilt - why mention pardoning yourself if there really is nothing to pardon?

Idiot.

:weary:
  • Fixed the "Idiot" link for you idiot.

• BoogieBoogie Shipmate
    Fixed the "Idiot" link for you idiot.

Many thanks :)

• Boogie wrote: »
    Look here mr trump, your ranting about Mueller looks a lot like guilt - why mention pardoning yourself if there really is nothing to pardon?

Idiot.

:weary:

Now, if he'd pardon all the illegal immigrants...
  • I'd like to put my hand up now for the contract to build the gibbet on the White House lawn from which to dangle Wrongald J. Trump until his feet stop twitching.
  • Simon Toad wrote: »
    I'd like to put my hand up now for the contract to build the gibbet on the White House lawn from which to dangle Wrongald J. Trump until his feet stop twitching.

Sorry. That privilege goes to the parents who had their kids ripped from them in the last 6 weeks (and weren't even grandfathered into the new not-really-improved executive order)

• jbohnjbohn Shipmate
    I'd like to put my hand up now for the contract to build the gibbet on the White House lawn from which to dangle Wrongald J. Trump until his feet stop twitching.

Waste of good rope.

• And it would spoil the grass, too. Just think of all those faeces dripping down from the dangling body onto the turf....

OTOH, said faeces might act as a sort of fertiliser.....

:flushed:

IJ
  • Wesley JWesley J Shipmate
    edited June 2018
    Fingey, this image clearly calls for a faecepalm.
  • Doc TorDoc Tor Hell Host
    I'm uncomfortable with people wanting to lynch an admittedly inexplicably democratically elected leader, no matter how much of a bastard they are. There are less bloody ways to get rid of him. Perhaps we should concentrate on those...
    Lynching isn't particularly bloody.
  • I've got Hansel and Gretel in my mind just now. The part where the children push the witch into the oven and she dies screaming in pain.
    Lock his children in a cage with no access to their parents.
  • I don't want to lynch him. That has racist overtones. I want to see him before a hanging judge.
  • Simon Toad wrote: »
    I don't want to lynch him. That has racist overtones. I want to see him before a hanging judge.

In which case Texas is exactly the right state.
  • sionisaissionisais Shipmate
    Lock his children in a cage with no access to their parents.

They would miss their mother(s)
  • There's some poor schmuck who scaled the White House fence the other day, saying God told him to punch T in the face. He was captured quickly, and IIRC sent to a psych facility.
  • BoogieBoogie Shipmate
    I just want to see him losing everything and relying on welfare.
  • Doc Tor wrote: »
    I'm uncomfortable with people wanting to lynch an admittedly inexplicably democratically elected leader, no matter how much of a bastard they are. There are less bloody ways to get rid of him. Perhaps we should concentrate on those...

I absolutely agree. As I've repeatedly said, the method needs to be legal and non-violent. Ethical might be negotiable.

OTOH, when I've made arguments about various ways that fit that criteria, some Shipmates have been adamant that *using existing legal methods* would basically be a sin against democracy.
    (eyeroll)
  • Yeah I agree too, except that this place is called Trumpton - the rant thread. Surely this is the place to fantasise, although all posters are warned to expect some blowback I suppose. I just never expected the blowback to be so reasonable!
    Golden Key wrote: »
    There's some poor schmuck who scaled the White House fence the other day, saying God told him to punch T in the face. He was captured quickly, and IIRC sent to a psych facility.

He was probably sent by God. I could well imagine it.
  • The RogueThe Rogue Shipmate
    Are we moving into the Prophets Thread turf?
    edited June 2018
    We're already on profit for profit's sake turf, so why not.
  • Doc TorDoc Tor Hell Host
    Yeah I agree too, except that this place is called Trumpton - the rant thread. Surely this is the place to fantasise, although all posters are warned to expect some blowback I suppose. I just never expected the blowback to be so reasonable!

I'm aware this is a rant thread, and that this is Hell...

I'm just surprised with the alacrity with which some shippies are taking on the role of executioner. It's one thing to wish Trump dead. It's another to want to kill him yourself.
    No, I'm perfectly content to watch someone else do it.
  • And I'm thinking about wood cutters, axes and Little Red Riding Hood's revenge on the wolf.

It's a fantasy world. It has to be!
  • sionisaissionisais Shipmate
    Boogie wrote: »

Somehow Trump would find a way to live the high life on welfare. Once his lawyers have looked at all the special circumstances he will do very nicely thank you.
  • Jane RJane R Shipmate
    Well, I don't want to see him hanged. Or executed in any way. I think he should be separated from everyone he loves and detained indefinitely in the same conditions he's inflicted on all those refugee children. No TV. No Internet. No smartphone.

Hanging's too good for him.
  • BoogieBoogie Shipmate
    sionisais wrote: »

Somehow Trump would find a way to live the high life on welfare. Once his lawyers have looked at all the special circumstances he will do very nicely thank you.

Nope - not in my fantasy he doesn’t.

• Lock his children in a cage with no access to their parents.

However much evil the Trump family adults are responsible for (which is quite a lot), their children are not responsible for the sins of their parents. All these people suggesting (even in hyperbole) that Barron Trump, or Chloe Trump, or whoever, should be ripped away from their parents and locked in cages are scum. Just like the Trump adults.
  • Lock his children in a cage with no access to their parents.

Not being able to see Trump Senior? Just one more way the children of the rich get treated better than the rest of us... :disappointed:
  • The best fate I can think of for T does not involve hanging etc., but simply that he ceases ever to have existed.

I wish I could remember the title, but one of Lord Dunsany's short stories has the Gods of Pegana, outraged by the blasphemy of a certain king, annihilate him to the extent that he never existed at all....
    :grimace:

IJ
    All these people suggesting (even in hyperbole) that Barron Trump, or Chloe Trump, or whoever, should be ripped away from their parents and locked in cages are scum. Just like the Trump adults.
    Thanks for the compliment.
  • All these people suggesting (even in hyperbole) that Barron Trump, or Chloe Trump, or whoever, should be ripped away from their parents and locked in cages are scum. Just like the Trump adults.
    No they're not. That's just stupid. Wishing something on someone isn't the same as actually doing something.

For example, if I imagine cutting your fingers off and tell you about it, you still have fingers. You might have some sort of emotional response, but you'll get over it pretty quickly. The fingers getting chopped off, you won't be getting over.

Perhaps you meant that those wishing harm harm on trumpy and his clan makes them as bad morally as trumpy. Well that's not true either. Because most of us who think of bad things happening to trumpy and his family of minions have done next to nothing harmful to others. In my case, the worst I've done recently is call you stupid for posting that. Stupid. I also called Boogie an idiot on this thread but it was meant in fun.

Back to serious matters, I continue to think of who trumpy resembles and what outcome of fairy tale might suit him and his band of moral midgets.

• LydaLyda Shipmate

I wonder if among his holdings is a slum tenement? If so I'd like to see him sentenced to living in one with a tracker ankle bracelet for several years. Without amenities. :scream:
  • And I'm thinking about wood cutters, axes and Little Red Riding Hood's revenge on the wolf.

It's a fantasy world. It has to be!

All of them--and Granny, and the wolf--would have reason to take umbrage at T: he's anti-environmentalist, anti-family, anti-child, anti-healthcare, anti-senior-care (IIRC), etc.

My basic thing is I want him and his minions out of office. Legal charges, prison, psych eval, brain scan, investigative reporting can all wait. I just want him out of office. That's the most important thing.

Of course, if he could be schooled by Granny Esme Weatherwax (and the other Lancre witches from T. Pratchett's Disc World books), that would be quite a thing to watch--AFTER he left office. (I'm thinking of some incidents from Carpe Jugulum and Witches Abroad. (wink, big grin) )

Esme doesn't like it when someone goes out of their way to treat someone badly--or to not help someone who needs it.
  • PigletPiglet All Saints Host, Circus Host
    Golden Key wrote: »
    ... brain scan ...
    I doubt that they'll find one.

Meanwhile, his wife goes to an immigration detention centre wearing a coat with "I really don't care" written on the back. Is she as evil and heartless as her odious husband, horribly misguided or just plain stupid?

You'd think there would be a minion in the White House who could have taken her aside, like Sergeant Wilson in Dad's Army, and said, "are you sure that's wise?"
  • When she got to Texas, M left the coat on the plane. Never got anywhere near the detention center, nor the kids.
    I wonder where she parked her honor when she married you-know-who.
  • I wonder where she parked her honor when she married you-know-who.

In her coin purse.
    Certainly in one of her offshore accounts.