Trumpton - the rant thread

Comments

• I think she lost her honor long before she married the Commander of Cheese. Look at her "portfolio" of modeling shots. Look how she came to the U.S. on a non-working visa and got a job here. Look how she dated the CofC while he was still married to #2.
  • Doc TorDoc Tor Hell Host
    Pigwidgeon wrote: »
    Look at her "portfolio" of modeling shots.
    Are we now "slut-shaming"? You do know that modelling does sometimes involve wearing very little while someone takes photos of you?

Or are you saying that all models have no honour?
  • The filthiest depths of bad taste (although F*ke King T may indeed sink lower yet). . . "hosting" family members of American persons murdered by sneaky, vile, illegal immigrants.
    https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-44580964
    How about relatives of persons murdered by nice old white men? Any sympathy for them? No worst- there is none
  • BoogieBoogie Shipmate
    The filthiest depths of bad taste (although F*ke King T may indeed sink lower yet). . . "hosting" family members of American persons murdered by sneaky, vile, illegal immigrants.
    https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-44580964
    How about relatives of persons murdered by nice old white men? Any sympathy for them? No worst- there is none

It’s not just bad taste. It’s a process of dehumanising immigrants. Next he’ll be putting them in concentration camps.

• Amanda B ReckondwythAmanda B Reckondwyth Mystery Worship Editor
    He already has.
  • DafydDafyd Shipmate
    Jane R wrote: »
    I think he should be separated from everyone he loves
    As far as I can tell it wouldn't be possible to separate Trump from anyone he loves.
  • bassobasso Shipmate
    Dafyd wrote: »
    As far as I can tell it wouldn't be possible to separate Trump from anyone he loves.
    Unless you'll allow the old-fashioned French way.

• Doc Tor--
    Doc Tor wrote: »
    Pigwidgeon wrote: »
    Look at her "portfolio" of modeling shots.
    Are we now "slut-shaming"? You do know that modelling does sometimes involve wearing very little while someone takes photos of you?

Or are you saying that all models have no honour?

I suspect you're right about slut-shaming. Similar discussions in the past, when there wasn't anything to blame M for, other than being married to him. Comments from someone about how she clearly was just in it for the money and not to get out of any bad situations, so she was clearly worthy of scorn.

Meanwhile, Sarah Huckabee Sanders was refused service and asked to leave a restaurant "on moral grounds," said the restaurant owner, because she works for the current occupant of the White House.
  • Hmm. Stephen Colbert recently spoke a message to her on his show: "You can leave".
  • Doc Tor wrote: »
    Simon Toad wrote: »
    Yeah I agree too, except that this place is called Trumpton - the rant thread. Surely this is the place to fantasise, although all posters are warned to expect some blowback I suppose. I just never expected the blowback to be so reasonable!

I'm aware this is a rant thread, and that this is Hell...

I'm just surprised with the alacrity with which some shippies are taking on the role of executioner. It's one thing to wish Trump dead. It's another to want to kill him yourself.

I just want to do the carpentry. Is that too much to ask?
  • Simon ToadSimon Toad Shipmate
    edited June 2018
    Meanwhile, Sarah Huckabee Sanders was refused service and asked to leave a restaurant "on moral grounds," said the restaurant owner, because she works for the current occupant of the White House.

I'm in two minds on this one. On the bad side, it is a big plus to the conservatives because they can use it to rally the base. I can see those Fox News Outrage Memes now, and no I'm not going to add Fox News on facebook. That is too much. I don't want to understand conservative America that badly, thankyou.

On the good side, I get to imagine what it's like to kick Sanders and her party to the kerb. I wonder what eye-shadow laced with the ashes of truth looks like up close.
  • second edit: I wonder what eye-shadow laced with the ashes of truth looks like up close when mingled with the tears of rejection.
  • ClimacusClimacus Shipmate
    If a right winger kicked out a liberal would we be as happy? I'm not sure. How far can this go?

Like Simon, I'm in 2 minds here.
  • Meanwhile, Sarah Huckabee Sanders was refused service and asked to leave a restaurant "on moral grounds," said the restaurant owner, because she works for the current occupant of the White House.

They could have offered her the "hate plate". And taken her kids, made them frightened and cry. Then put them in a cage in some unknown place away from their mommy. Because Jesus and other twisted shit.
    They could have . . . taken her kids, made them frightened and cry. Then put them in a cage in some unknown place away from their mommy.

We suggested upthread that that be done to the kids of the current occupant of the White House, and were called scum.
  • They could have . . . taken her kids, made them frightened and cry. Then put them in a cage in some unknown place away from their mommy.

We suggested upthread that that be done to the kids of the current occupant of the White House, and were called scum.
    Which I told off. It's ridiculous to suggest that imagining some retaliation is a scummy as actually doing it. In my experience people fantasize about doing lots of things they'd never actually do. But the fantasy is fun, discharges frustration and can be comforting when you're otherwise powerless. This woman is hardly a victim here, she's an instrument of the victimizing. And so we can call her bitch and wait for the comedy sketches.

The curious thing of course is that people cheered and were pleased when bad man Osama Bin Laden was shot in front of his family. And that was real. I'm pretty sure who hurts more people, this banana head el presidente, king for 4 (god damn me if it's the 8), who does whatever he wants to anyone anywhere, dehumanizing them first. Orwell suggested looking from pig to man and man to pig. The man's a pig, and this refused supper woman is a pig too. They can all bite.
  • Look, being scum isn't that bad. I always wanted to be in film.
  • She and the people she works for have worked hard to create a world in which a shop owner can reject serving someone they don't like as a matter of conscience. She WANTED this world, the one in which she can be kicked out of a restaurant just for being Trump's spokesmouth. She and her owners fought for the right of the restaurant owner to do JUST THIS. And now it's happened to HER, and it's a different story. Because she's not brown or trans or gay or Muslim, so how could they do this to MEEEEEE? Suck it up, sis. You sow the wind, you reap the whirlwind. You can either work to undo the damage you've done, now that you've seen it at first hand, or STFU. There are no other honorable courses of action. But wait. You work for Trump spreading lies. You aren't an honorable person to begin with.
  • Simon Toad--

LOL re film. ;)
  • np--

Re killing bin Laden:
    Actually, many people who wanted BL stopped didn't want him killed. I was one of them. So many things were wrong with that mission, AIUI:

--The operatives (SEALS? Marines?) weren't absolutely sure he was BL when they entered the room, not even when they shot him.

--Shooting him in front of his 13 year old daughter and his wife was barbaric. That poor kid.

--The semi-fake vaccination campaign that was used to get DNA of people in the area where BL was thought to be. Now the people in the area don't trust vaccines. (IIRC, it was a polio vaccine, and maybe at half-strength.) That has consequences.

--The quick burial at sea was bad. IIRC, no Muslims got a chance to even identify BL's remains. And IIRC that kind of burial at sea is considered very bad in Islam.

--Being as barbaric (or more) than the barbarians isn't necessarily good nor wise.
  • There's a great line in The Lion in Winter when Hepburn as Elinore of Acquitaine says to O'Toole as Henry II Plantagenet and says something like, 'But we are the barbarians'. It was true in Elinor's time, it was true in Hepburn's time and it is true now. If any culture on the planet has ever been civilised, it is not ours. Personally, I can't think of one.

We live in the eternal not yet.
    mousethief wrote: »
    But wait. You work for Trump spreading lies. You aren't an honorable person to begin with.
    Well, you see, that's the thing. She's obviously an intelligent and talented person. She can say what she is paid to say while managing to keep her cool.

But there's the rub. She is paid to say things in defense of someone who is indefensible. Surely she cannot believe, deep down in her soul, that what she says is the truth. A person of her talents could have any job she wanted with whatever salary she asked for. But she continues to collect a salary for doing what she knows is wrong. In my book that's prostitution, and she rightfully deserves whatever opprobrium the public heaps upon her.
  • mousethief wrote: »
    She and the people she works for have worked hard to create a world in which a shop owner can reject serving someone they don't like as a matter of conscience. She WANTED this world, the one in which she can be kicked out of a restaurant just for being Trump's spokesmouth. She and her owners fought for the right of the restaurant owner to do JUST THIS. And now it's happened to HER, and it's a different story. Because she's not brown or trans or gay or Muslim, so how could they do this to MEEEEEE? Suck it up, sis. You sow the wind, you reap the whirlwind. You can either work to undo the damage you've done, now that you've seen it at first hand, or STFU. There are no other honorable courses of action. But wait. You work for Trump spreading lies. You aren't an honorable person to begin with.

This.

Well said, sir.

IJ

• Pravda has it as a setup to keep the trumpyists trumpetting.

The Sarah Huckabee Sanders scam: So what better way to shift attention away from the true victims than to become a "victim" yourself?
    That article was a pleasure to read.
  • Indeed it was. I particularly like this bit:

'She is, like the tyrant she serves, a cold, calculating, dissembling, mendacious, hypocritical, sociopathic fascist.'

Ah well - whoever lies down with a dog will rise up with fleas.
    :grimace:

IJ

• The one saving grace is that we're having fun. Here. On SOF.

Everything else can bite the wax tadpole.
  • LydaLyda Shipmate
    Dafyd wrote: »
    Jane R wrote: »
    I think he should be separated from everyone he loves

Lobotomy?
  • The one saving grace is that we're having fun. Here. On SOF.

Everything else can bite the wax tadpole.

I am about to run around the room with my shirt over my head.

Also, Mousethief, very cool sunnies.
  • Simon Toad wrote: »
    Also, Mousethief, very cool sunnies.

Thank you.
  • cliffdwellercliffdweller Shipmate
    edited June 2018
    Lock his children in a cage with no access to their parents.

However much evil the Trump family adults are responsible for (which is quite a lot), their children are not responsible for the sins of their parents. All these people suggesting (even in hyperbole) that Barron Trump, or Chloe Trump, or whoever, should be ripped away from their parents and locked in cages are scum. Just like the Trump adults.

I'm giving a pass to all the kids-- Barron & Chloe and the assorted gaggle of other minor grandkids. And I'm going to give a pass to Tiffany. Even though she is an adult, she seems to have remained blessedly free of being a part of the Trump Family Grifter Show. Marla oughta get Mother of the Year award for the foresight to keep her daughter out of that big ball of horrible.

Ivana's kids, though, seem to be driving down the same road as daddy with the same fate.

• Golden Key wrote: »
    When she got to Texas, M left the coat on the plane. Never got anywhere near the detention center, nor the kids.

Yes. She only wore it-- twice-- for photo ops (both before & after trip). It was a deliberate choice, a message.
  • Well, as I have said before, Melancholia is obviously ensorcelled. By whom, and for what fell purpose, Hades only knows....

IJ
  • Re treatment of immigrants:

Credo Action has a petition: "Tell Congress: Stand up for immigrant children and families".

To try to color within. the lines, I.'m not putting a link, but CredoAction is easy to find.
  • PrezTrump is excited about the new Supreme Court appointee. He has a little list, tucked away even before the election. I enjoyed his announcement. But I expected a different ending to "I just want to thank..." (you Jesus).

And I hope he doesn't help Barron (poor kid) with his math homework. DJT started with "I have a list of 25 people-an excellent list" Then said he added five a little while ago. Then he back-tracked and said he started with 20 contestants - err candytakes. Then, said he added five additional people which he has now boiled down to 25 people.

Glad he clarified that. Let the contest begin!
  • smart money is on Judge Judy.
  • Oooh - - - I bet she could rip him a new one.
  • I sure hope it hurts when he poops out of both.
    smart money is on Judge Judy.

I wouldn't put my money on her. Her Wikipedia entry is instructive. To summarize the more salient points:

Her law degree is from New York Law School, ranked 111th in the nation. Her specialty is family law.

She was born in 1942, which makes her no spring chicken. She wouldn't be that far from retirement. She has already suffered a mini-stroke, so her health is not tip-top.

She is said to be the highest paid TV personality of all time. Why would she give that up?

She is pro gay rights, pro same sex marriage, and pro increasing requirements for gun ownership. She voted for Barack Obama and Bill Clinton.

In short, not someone a Republican whose lips are permanently attached to the gluteus maximus of the current occupant of the White House would be likely to vote for.
  • It's butt-trumpet's hands which get glued to things.
    Not to Judge Judy's you-know-whats, I wouldn't imagine, though.
  • CrœsosCrœsos Shipmate
    A lot of shipmates may be unfamiliar with the infamous "Fourteen Words". They've sort of become a mission statement for white supremacists, particularly American white supremacists. The most common version is:
    We must secure the existence of our people and a future for white children.

So, why am I bringing this up and what does it have to do with Donald Trump?

Exactly fourteen words, and it mirrors the style pretty closely. It's like they're not even bothering to hide it any more. Before dismissing this as an unfortunate coincidence that no one could have picked up on, remember that the Department of Homeland Security, the department that composed that document, is supposed to monitor domestic terrorists, including white supremacists. They're supposed to know this stuff (and apparently they do, though disapproving of it is another matter).
  • RooKRooK Admin Emeritus
    Crœsos wrote: »
    A lot of shipmates may be unfamiliar with the infamous "Fourteen Words".

Guilty.
    -shudder-
    Fucking terrifying.
  • ClimacusClimacus Shipmate
    Guilty, also.

I was actually frightened reading your post. FFS.
  • {This seems the best place to post this, 'cause I think it's connected. But feel free to start a separate Hell or Purg thread.}

"AP NewsBreak: US Army quietly discharging immigrant recruits" (Yahoo).

I'm so angry about this. The US military has programs whereby people from other countries can join the military and earn citizenship. IMHO, discharging them is either due to Trump(ism) or to total Trump-like chaos. Doing this is screwing up people's lives (people who made a commitment in good faith), and endangering the country's defense through being so screwed up.

I'm not sure why this hit me so hard, except maybe that the gov't can't even treat well immigrants who are working for it!

Grrrr.
  • Well isn't that great. Discharge the Venezuelans before invading their shithole™ country. It's nice to use foreign brown people as your cannon fodder isn't it?

Meanwhile, Jon Stewart says
    Everything’s off its axis, it’s a little unusual. Apparently now Putin and Kim Jong-un are noble, intelligent role models, and Canada’s a bunch of giant assholes… I just want to say if there’s one aspect to your presidency that we’re finding most difficult it’s that no matter what you do, it always comes with that extra layer of gleeful cruelty and dickishness.
    More here.

• LydaLyda Shipmate
    Golden Key wrote: »
    {This seems the best place to post this, 'cause I think it's connected. But feel free to start a separate Hell or Purg thread.}

"AP NewsBreak: US Army quietly discharging immigrant recruits" (Yahoo).

I'm so angry about this. The US military has programs whereby people from other countries can join the military and earn citizenship. IMHO, discharging them is either due to Trump(ism) or to total Trump-like chaos. Doing this is screwing up people's lives (people who made a commitment in good faith), and endangering the country's defense through being so screwed up.

I'm not sure why this hit me so hard, except maybe that the gov't can't even treat well immigrants who are working for it!

Grrrr.

O.M.G.

One of my best friends secured his citizenship this way, serving in the Navy and then studying hard for his tests. He was so happy to be able to vote at last. Thank God he got in and out of the Navy before this crap came down. :sweat:
  • Well isn't that great. Discharge the Venezuelans before invading their shithole™ country. It's nice to use foreign brown people as your cannon fodder isn't it?

Meanwhile, Jon Stewart says
    Everything’s off its axis, it’s a little unusual. Apparently now Putin and Kim Jong-un are noble, intelligent role models, and Canada’s a bunch of giant assholes… I just want to say if there’s one aspect to your presidency that we’re finding most difficult it’s that no matter what you do, it always comes with that extra layer of gleeful cruelty and dickishness.
    More here.

Thank you for the link: it was instructive and also contained words that I think sum up Mr Trump better than anything else I've read:
    You may be orange. You may like hamburgers. You may be a clown.
    But you are no Ronald McDonald.

Perfect.

Meanwhile in UK news, the mayor of London, Sadiq Khan, has given permission for a tethered balloon ("blimp" to be flown over London during DT's visit - I'm sure this tribute will make him feel welcome.
  • It appears that Mr. Khan wasn't too happy about the idea at first, but his sense of humour (and, no doubt, general disgust at POTUS) have triumphed...

...and the blimp is so very English and understated!

IJ