Please see Styx thread on the Registered Shipmates consultation for the main discussion forums - your views are important, continues until April 4th.

The New, New Crew's Quiz

Guessometers ready?
Blasted Fillums are too hard
Dram of Highland Park.

Comments

• SarasaSarasa All Saints Host
    New board, lovely new thread and I still make the same mistakes answering questions about American comedians.
  • Tree BeeTree Bee Shipmate
    Sarasa wrote: »
    New board, lovely new thread and I still make the same mistakes answering questions about American comedians.
    Sigh! Me too!
  • PigletPiglet All Saints Host, Circus Host
    Not hugely fast (am I ever?) but at least I got them all right, even the Old Testament ones at which I'm usually particularly rubbish. :smiley:
  • tessaBtessaB Shipmate
    Yay! I'm back and in the top ten (just).
  • TortufTortuf Shipmate
    Question No. 3 was missing the correct answer. It should have been Donald Trump.
    edited March 2018
    Tortuf wrote: »
    Question No. 3 was missing the correct answer. It should have been Donald Trump.

:mrgreen:
    Bugger - got the legacy wrong. Should have thought logically.
  • jedijudyjedijudy Heaven Host
    Rats. One, the Guessometer gave no help. One, I knew the right answer and decided to put something else. This is my dodo brain day, I guess.
    The Guessometer was working beautifully for me, regarding 'Murcan TV shows I've never watched. :)
    Oxygen! Get me some oxygen!* And on a Sunday too. At last I remembered the bit about the fiery furnace, which until now has not been the answer I thought it was.

* at least until the speed-merchants arrive ... :mrgreen:
    Ow. Ow. Ow. Everyone is standing on my head!
    The jedi should really learn to read the questions.
  • EutychusEutychus Shipmate
    edited March 2018
    8/10. It's so long since I played, but the browser remembered my login!

[ETA but top for now by virtue of being first on this game :D]
    What??? Taking Eutychus's spot on top. Makes me dizzy going from the bottom yesterday. I'm enjoying being inconsistent.
    Whee! Still there!
    jj places back of hand to Wet Kipper's forehead in a motherly fashion. I hope you aren't feeling unwell, my friend. This is not how the quiz usually pans out!
    You were saying? :naughty:

(Very much more by luck than judgement; I'm not an expert in film stars, cooking, or feng shui).
  • gizziegizzie Shipmate
    Not good today, only 7! Got the fengshui one right but it was a guess.
    Who the heck apart from squillionaires has a circular driveway?
    Yay! Top of the pile for a minute or two!
    Got the ******* 'Murcan television wrong again. :rage:
  • Yup, me too. Now if they asked a few questions about UK classics such as All Gas and Gaiters ... :wink:
    Eutychus, is that your Gracie I see playing the quiz??
    Put it this way, I think I just got some serious competition...
    Dram for the Guessometer for steering me to the right answer on yet another chuffing 'Murcan TV question.
    I can't believe I got the last question wrong <hangs head in shame>
    Why in the name of all that's holy would I know anything about a comic-book character from the 1940s? And if your name was Mr. Batson and you were going to turn into a super-hero, wouldn't "Batman" be the obvious choice of moniker? :rage:

Mind you, I suspect most of the other competitors today didn't either, as I'm in fourth place ... :mrgreen:
  • Top by virtue of alphabetical order - sorry ceesharp.

Should have called myself Aardvark to improve chances.

When's the next opportunity to change names?
    I think a photo finish is called for.
  • Wet KipperWet Kipper Shipmate
    edited March 2018
    Top by virtue of alphabetical order - sorry ceesharp.

If you are the first person to finish in a certain time, then you will be considered ahead of any later people who complete in the same time - first come first served - it's a small help for those of us who live on the "earlier in the day" side of the pond to make up for some of the more regionally specific questions

At least, that was my understanding when completing with a time already in existence. Maybe I'm just cursed with a later in the alphabet name

Oof, in with 9 minutes to spare.
    Made sure to get in early this time :mrgreen:
    Just as well I did today's quiz on a desk-top - I couldn't have got anything like a decent time using the Tablet.

Not that I'm likely to stay in second place for very long, but I'll enjoy it while it lasts. :mrgreen:
    Well, phooey. Went back and changed a right to a wrong.
    The Guessometer worked so hard in the earlier questions, it was worn out by the time I got to the last one.

Oh well ...
  • aliehsaliehs Shipmate
    May we have a short cut again to the start please? Maybe at the top of each page even?
    That has been the traditional practice throughout the years of the Quiz, aliehs. Whoever posts at the top of the next page adds the link to the Quiz to their post. So, if you happen to write post number 50, 100, etc, you get to be the person to remember to add the link!

Note to self...don't do the Quiz at 5:15 AM. :grimace:
    Second place and 38 seconds - not bad for a Sunday! :smiley:
  • aliehsaliehs Shipmate
    Thank you. Sorry; didn't know
  • Well I may be slow but I got them all.

Now if only I hadn't missed 2 days earlier in the month I might have reached the dizzy heights of the top 10.
    Top of the pile for a minute or two! You never know from day to day if I'll be bottom or top. Mostly bottom or close to there!
    It's too much dizziness for an older lady! ;)
  • I would call a young frog a tadpole, so guessed - thankfully, correctly!
    So would I, but I guessed incorrectly. Stuff that for a lark.
    I clearly don't perform enough exorcisms. (Or perhaps I have an explanation for my lack of success).
  • aliehsaliehs Shipmate
    one of these days, I'll emerge from the bottom of the pack; when my fingers are faster, and I have better control over the Guessometer.
  • S**t! That'll teach me to attempt to do the quiz and answer a call at the same time.
  • aliehsaliehs Shipmate
    First question relates to response to a dreadful quiz. I was polite. I obviously shouldn't have been!
  • Tree BeeTree Bee Shipmate
    aliehs wrote: »
    First question relates to response to a dreadful quiz. I was polite. I obviously shouldn't have been!
    That’s the sort of question where the best tactic is to ignore your own opinion and just learn the expected answer while tutting and shaking your head in confusion.
    @aliehs, the best policy is, if in doubt, crawl to the quiz compilers. It'll make you cringe, but get you a point.
  • aliehsaliehs Shipmate
    Thank you for your sage advice.
  • OMG! I'm sure it won't last but just for the moment I'm top of the pile.
  • SarasaSarasa All Saints Host
    Well i didn't cover myself in glory during March. Let's hope April is better. I should really read the right answers for the ones I keep on getting wrong :disappointed: