Trumpton - the rant thread

Comments

• The sacrifices of the thousands of soldiers in the first world war who risked and lost their lives were clearly eclipsed by the sacrifice that Mr Trump was called upon to do which was to go out and pay some respect to them in the rain! I'm sure the soldiers, their friends & relatives and the people they died for will understand.
  • He was probably afraid the yellow stuff in his hair and the orange stuff on his face would run. (Or else, like the Wicked Witch, he might melt if he gets wet.)

• Bishops FingerBishops Finger Shipmate
    edited November 2018
    O! What a wonderful thought! What a glorious picture! What a splendid hope!

POUR WATER ON HIM NOW!!!!!
  • Slate had this to say:

Dulce et Decorum Est
  • Amanda B ReckondwythAmanda B Reckondwyth Mystery Worship Editor
    It's a great parody, but I'm ashamed to admit that even as a former Latin teacher I don't know the meaning of madescere -- and Google Translate is no help.
  • RooKRooK Admin Emeritus
    It's a great parody, but I'm ashamed to admit that even as a former Latin teacher I don't know the meaning of madescere -- and Google Translate is no help.

To be come wet, or moist.
    Ah. Thanks. I should have recognized the root madere. I've been away from the classroom too long.
  • Worth a share. From the thing the lardhead can't stop posting to:
    trump blames:
    California for a forest fire
    Puerto Rico for a hurricane
    A synagogue for a shooting
    Both sides for Charlottesville
    John McCain for being captured
    The generals for his failed Yemen raid
    The weather for skipping veterans event
    Obama and Hillary for everything else

But who for the hair?

• amyboamybo Shipmate
    Worth a share. From the thing the lardhead can't stop posting to:
    trump blames:
    But who for the hair?

Well, I remember reading this a few years ago:
    https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2016/10/24/documenting-trumps-abuse-of-women
  • The weather was terrible - so terrible that General John Kelly (White House Chief of Staff) was able to lay a wreath at the Aisne-Marne US Cemetery without the need for an umbrella or getting wet.
  • The thing about wanting to avoid road closures is horsepuckey, too. Trump had no compulsions about closing all the roads last time he turned up in Paris – in the middle of the rush hour on a weekday morning. It was bloody mayhem.

He was sulking because his former buddy Macron told him off.
  • The weather was terrible - so terrible that General John Kelly (White House Chief of Staff) was able to lay a wreath at the Aisne-Marne US Cemetery without the need for an umbrella or getting wet.

That cemetery means a lot to the US Marines, who provide the presidential helicopters and guard of honour. They take the point that the President is the commander-in-chief very seriously, even Trump, but he really doesn't want to piss-off the Marines. No one does.
  • The thing about wanting to avoid road closures is horsepuckey, too. Trump had no compulsions about closing all the roads last time he turned up in Paris – in the middle of the rush hour on a weekday morning. It was bloody mayhem.

He was sulking because his former buddy Macron told him off.

As I noted in the other Trump thread, he seems to have dramatically scaled back all public appearances, not just those relating to Macron. Trump seems to have gone to ground for reasons that are not presently apparent.
  • Various papers say he’s sulking.
  • Boogie wrote: »
    Various papers say he’s sulking.

The more time he spends on the golf course, the safer we will all be.
  • Get those Last Secretary Standing nominations in now. I sense an ill-wind blowing through the White House, and I pity the poor people who work in ordinary jobs there.
  • Schroedingers CatSchroedingers Cat Shipmate, Waving not Drowning Host
    OK, so this last week or so the report on climate change produced by his government came out.

Shit-face said "I don't believe it" - like that makes a difference to the science. Of course he doesn't believe it - he is incapable of believing it.

Then the other day I saw him arguing that he is very intelligent, and he knows that climate change is not real.

He keeps using the word intelligent, but I don't think he knows what it means. He is not intelligent in any sense of the word. He is many things, and stuipd is one of them.

So he doesn't want to accept the report - of course he doesn't, because it would mean he would have to completely change his approach. But to suggest that he is more intelligent than the actual, real, scientists behind the report - and all of the others that show climate change is real - that is ridiculous.

What he actually means is that he knows what he thinks, and nothing will change his mind. Unless someone gives him shit-loads of money to do so.

Well done slightly-under-half-of-America.
  • There were two President Trump quotations that were widely reported from that Washington Post article (link to USA Today) that cause concern:
    "One of the problems that a lot of people like myself, we have very high levels of intelligence, but we're not necessarily such believers," the president said of climate change. "You look at our air and our water and it's right now at a record clean."
    and talking about the Federal Reserve:
    "I’m not happy with the Fed," the president said. "They’re making a mistake because I have a gut, and my gut tells me more sometimes than anybody else’s brain can ever tell me."
    I have heard both. I think I have amalgamated them into "what a fucking shit pile Trump is".

He isn;t interested in anyone elses views, because he "knows" the right thing to do. Despite the evidence from his entire history showing that he doesn't. And the reality that nobody - even someone who is intelligent - can know the right answers to everything. Part of intelligence is knowing that other people know more about many issues. And knowing when they are worth listening to.
  • He confuses intuition with intelligence.

He’s survived on (daddy’s money), intuition and a weird, bullying, warped charisma which can tap into people’s fears.

He can’t see anything outside of this.
  • LeRocLeRoc Shipmate
    I think even his intuition is over-estimated.
  • LeRoc wrote: »

So do I, but it’s all he has. It probably worked OKish in the hotel industry.

• DafydDafyd Shipmate
    Boogie wrote: »
    So do I, but it’s all he has. It probably worked OKish in the hotel industry.
    It's let him turn his bankruptcies into somebody else's problem. That said, that's fairly easy if you had a lot of money to begin with.
    Basically, if there were a god of Dunning-Kruger syndrome he would be orange with odd hair.

LeRoc wrote: »

If his intuition was good, he might be onto something, in some areas. But I agree, his intuition is appaling. All he really has is enough money to lose a huge amount.
  • PigletPiglet All Saints Host, Circus Host
    ... Trump quotations that were widely reported from that Washington Post article (link to USA Today) that cause concern:
    "... You look at our air and our water and it's right now at a record clean."
    I doubt that the people of Flint in Michigan would agree with him.

Let's face it, every time he opens his ugly maw it would cause concern to anyone with half a brain.
  • Saying Trump is stupid underestimates him. He's evil, but in a very ordinary way.
    A friend sent me this. I can't think of a nicer Christmas gift:

'Twas the night before Christmas, and all through the Whitehouse
    Trump was fuming, complaining, calling everyone a louse.
    Rudy sat glumly, his mind filled with care,
    and expected Bob Mueller soon would be there.

Don Junior and Eric slept tucked in their beds,
    While visions of prison garb loomed in their heads;
    And Ivanka and Jared were taking a nap
    Eexhausted from scheming to beat their own rap.

When out on the lawn there were sirens and clatter.
    Trump sprang from his desk to see what was the matter.
    Away to the window he flew like a flash,
    Tore open the shutters, and scratched his fat ass.

The moon on the breast of the new-fallen snow
    Gave the luster of mid-day to objects below,
    When what to Trump’s beady little eyes should appear,
    But some black limousines that filled him with fear.

Bob Mueller was driving the lead car so quick,
    Trump knew in a moment that he would be nicked.
    More rapid than eagles the black limos came,
    Mueller whistled, and shouted, and called them by name:

"Now, Comey! Now, Flynn! Now Rod Rosenstein,
    Tonight we break through Trump’s lies and smoke screen.
    To the door of the West Wing! To the top of the wall,
    Now dash away, dash away, dash away all!"

Trump drew in his breath, and was turning around,
    When through the door Mueller came with a bound.
    A briefcase of subpoenas was flung over his back,
    And he looked like a lawman just opening his pack.

Trump’s mouth was drawn up oh so tight, like a bow,
    His complexion was ashen, as white as the snow.
    He was flaccid and bloated, a right corrupt old elf,
    Mueller laughed when him saw him, in spite of himself!

Then up to the oval office the Mueller team flew,
    With a case full of indictments and depositions too.
    And then, in a twinkling, Trump saw for himself,
    Jeff Sessions with Mueller, that sly little elf.

The consummate lawyer, from head to his foot,
    He demanded Trump’s passport, told Trump to stay put.
    Then as he came closer, Trump gritted his teeth,
    As he slapped on the cuffs, Trump’s criminal Christmas wreath.

He spoke not a word, but went straight to his work,
    Handed Rudy a warrant, then turned with a jerk.
    And raising his fingers, and pinching his nose,
    And giving a nod, out the West Wing he strode.

He dragged Trump away, to his team gave a whistle,
    and away they all flew like the down of a thistle.
    But I heard him exclaim, ere they drove out of sight:
    “HAPPY CHRISTMAS TO ALL. It’s time to do what’s right.”
  • This made my day. May all our wishes come true!
    :lol:
  • cheers Amanda, and a merry xmas to you and yours.

• Just goes to show that, despite protestations to the contrary, Trump is in line with the mainstream of the Republican party.
  • As much as he seems to have gotten around, you'd think he'd want to keep that going. But, given his mental and emotional capacities, he probably thinks it could never happen to him.
  • HugalHugal Shipmate
    Has the US shut down completely yet or did Trump get the money to build the wall?
  • Who knows Hugal. They're a day behind us. Anything could happen.
  • jedijudyjedijudy Heaven Host
    I think the shut down happens tomorrow if a solution isn't found.

It makes me so angry to watch the orange buffoon have a temper tantrum which causes pain and financial distress to so many people.

I have to stop. Do not get me started.
  • Bishops FingerBishops Finger Shipmate
    edited December 2018
    Dear god (if a god, or gods, there be - and I'm really, really, beginning to have my Doubts), save us from Orange Buffoons, Treeza May, et al.

Amen.

P.S. I will gladly sacrifice some goats, if that would help.

(No disrespect to goats - sagacious and useful animals, all. I like your CHEESE).
  • HugalHugal Shipmate
    edited December 2018
    I see the shut down is dragging on. Has Trump’s tantrum not abated yet?
  • Across the border in New York at Christmas we heard more than once, "Merry Christmas, and a trumpless New Year!" May it be so.
  • As I understand things, Pence has been deputised to negotiate with Schumer. But its a joke. Trump is so impetuous that anything said on his behalf can't be trusted.
  • Saw a headline that TSA agents aren't happy campers about working w/o pay. Considering that they're there to help keep travelers safe, it's really unwise to make them unhappy. (Not that they would purposely do anything wrong; but doing a thankless job while you're worried about paying for food, rent, pre-school, and car installments, while involuntarily volunteering, would disturb anyone's focus.)

And there was another headline that a union is going to sue the T administration for the shutdown.
  • I understand trumpy is upset that a female congress member called him 'mother fucker'. Forgive me, but do we know if trumpy actually fucked his mother? or did he just grab her pussy?
  • LydaLyda Shipmate
    edited January 5
    I understand trumpy is upset that a female congress member called him 'mother fucker'. Forgive me, but do we know if trumpy actually fucked his mother? or did he just grab her pussy?

Well, we know that he has fucked at least one mother. Didn't have to be his own.

However, I really don't think it is good to lower yourself to his level; he is pretty far down in the muck.
  • There's some evidence that his daughter may be a fatherfucker.
  • OhherOhher Shipmate
    You know, I can't say I approve of using Tlaib's language in that setting; I wouldn't. But then, The Orange Menace hasn't -- at least so far -- been demanding that the government I pay taxes to prevent my co-religionists (possibly including my relatives) from entering my country. Since I'm not wearing Tlaib's moccasins, I think I'll cut her some slack.
  • mousethief wrote: »
    There's some evidence that his daughter may be a fatherfucker.

There's speculation, which may or may not be accurate. T evidently feels that way towards her. That doesn't mean that she should be assigned any shame or blame.
  • Golden Key wrote: »
    mousethief wrote: »
    There's some evidence that his daughter may be a fatherfucker.

There's speculation, which may or may not be accurate. T evidently feels that way towards her. That doesn't mean that she should be assigned any shame or blame.

True.
  • Dunno what's fair. The second half of Exodus 34:7** mightn't be fair either ...visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children, and upon the children's children, unto the third and to the fourth generation. Which in that reading, trumpy's children are screwed at least in the figurative way.

**The whole thing:
    Keeping mercy for thousands, forgiving iniquity and transgression and sin, 
    and that will by no means clear the guilty; 
    visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children, 
    and upon the children's children, unto the third and to the fourth generation.

• HugalHugal Shipmate
    Watched the analysis of the State of the Union speech on the BBC. They say that Trump overstated (let’s not say lied) the figures consistently throughout the speech.
    He is still harping on about the wall.