Let's put lilbuddha in charge

Comments

• I spotted lb agreeing with someone today. Do I get a gold star or anything?

No but if you faint I'll do my best to catch you.
  • RooKRooK Admin Emeritus
    Links or it didn't happen.
  • Here you go. It's from the UK Election thread in purg:
    lilbuddha wrote: »
    Challenge:

https://boris-johnson-lies.com/

Find me a list of Corbyn’s lies.

(Cos I am sick of this, ‘they are all the same’, rubbish - in this election, more than any other in my lifetime, it just is not true on policy or leader record or leader personality.)
    I really dislike that line, especially as I often here it in conjunction with reasons not to engage.
    They are not the same, and even if they were, the outcome of their leaderships will not be the same.

Small stuff, but sharing a dislike of something with Doublethink gives a glimmer of hope, even if "agreement" might be too strong a word.
  • She misspelled "hear". She made a mistake!
  • Gee DGee D Shipmate
    The5thMary wrote: »
    She misspelled "hear". She made a mistake!

She's made a lot of mistakes. This is minor by her standards.
  • I spotted lb agreeing with someone today. Do I get a gold star or anything?

Have you checked outside the window to see if you can either see Horsemen or flying pigs? If it's Horsemen, then let us know so we can start with the extreme Bible reading and prayer. Flying pigs is no biggie.
  • Tubbs wrote: »
    I spotted lb agreeing with someone today. Do I get a gold star or anything?

Have you checked outside the window to see if you can either see Horsemen or flying pigs? If it's Horsemen, then let us know so we can start with the extreme Bible reading and prayer. Flying pigs is no biggie.

Yeah, the wind speed today being what it is I wouldn't be surprised. Wrong direction for our nearest pigs though.
  • Call your chums in Hell and inquire about the temperature.
  • orfeoorfeo Shipmate
    I haven't been back long and this thread is already making a lot of sense to me.
  • Would you freaking stop taking the bait? You have gotten so fucking predictable. If I make a post with the word "cello" in it, you rant about classism and classical music. If I post about religion, you scream about now there actually are other religions than Christianity (duh, and you completely missed the sentence that applied what I was saying explicitly to "any faith"). On top of all that shit, you keep calling me a Calvinist. I'm tired of correcting this. I am a fucking LUTHERAN, not a Calvinist. I doubt you know the difference, but you might study up on it, the better to insult me.
  • (The next time there's a chance to change names do you want to switch to "Fucking LUTHERAN" to make things clear? No? Oh well.)
  • DafydDafyd Shipmate
    On top of all that shit, you keep calling me a Calvinist. I'm tired of correcting this. I am a fucking LUTHERAN, not a Calvinist.
    Are you claiming that you, a benighted religious believer, understand your own beliefs better than lilbuddha, the oracle of objectivity, does?

• (The next time there's a chance to change names do you want to switch to "Fucking LUTHERAN" to make things clear? No? Oh well.)

I'd get WAY too many enquiries about what we got up to during worship, and whether they could join.
  • Dafyd wrote: »
    On top of all that shit, you keep calling me a Calvinist. I'm tired of correcting this. I am a fucking LUTHERAN, not a Calvinist.
    Are you claiming that you, a benighted religious believer, understand your own beliefs better than lilbuddha, the oracle of objectivity, does?

[mouth drops open] Why, yes, I suppose I am. Oh dear! How could I have done such a foolish thing? Calvinism it is.
  • Dafyd wrote: »

[mouth drops open] Why, yes, I suppose I am. Oh dear! How could I have done such a foolish thing? Calvinism it is.
    Welcome! We’re glad to have you; it’s as though it was meant to be. :wink:

• ArethosemyfeetArethosemyfeet Shipmate
    edited December 31
    (The next time there's a chance to change names do you want to switch to "Fucking LUTHERAN" to make things clear? No? Oh well.)

I'd get WAY too many enquiries about what we got up to during worship, and whether they could join.

Yeah, that's more ELCA's area, right?
  • Nick Tamen wrote: »
    Dafyd wrote: »

Welcome! We’re glad to have you; it’s as though it was meant to be. :wink:

Where's the :killingme: laughing smiley?

Yeah, that's more ELCA's area, right?

Ah no. I am not going to get into my honorable colleagues' business, and so I must decline the invitation to intersynodical warfare with thanks. Though if we all got up to half the things all the other synods think we get up to, Lutheranism would be a far more interesting place.

• Wow the comic strips were funny but the comments were cack-handed. "Destiny controlled by the stars" means Calvinism? Like there wasn't astrology 2000 years before John Calvin? Similar cavils with the rest.
  • RuthRuth Admin Emeritus
    Ah no. I am not going to get into my honorable colleagues' business, and so I must decline the invitation to intersynodical warfare with thanks. Though if we all got up to half the things all the other synods think we get up to, Lutheranism would be a far more interesting place.

I would totally buy tickets to Lutheran Intersynodical Cage Match 2020.
  • Ruth wrote: »

Will there be mud, or Jell-o?
  • Ruth wrote: »

Especially if it was MCed by LC.
  • RuthRuth Admin Emeritus
    Nick Tamen wrote: »
    Ruth wrote: »

Now I'm ready to sign up for the VIP Premium package!
  • mousethief wrote: »

Will there be mud, or Jell-o?

Chairs. No wait, that's Calvinists agin.
  • I assume, mt, that it’s a choice between Jell-O salad and hotdish.

• Nick Tamen wrote: »
    I assume, mt, that it’s a choice between Jell-O salad and hotdish.

I meant to wrestle in, but I take your point. We are talking about Lutherans here.
  • Oh, I meant to wrestle in too.

• You can't wrestle in hotdish. You'd burn yourself.
  • mousethief wrote: »
    You can't wrestle in hotdish. You'd burn yourself.

I take it tepiddish it out of the question?
  • If iy's been out on the potluck table for a while, tepid is totally doable.
  • RossweisseRossweisse Shipmate, Hell Host
    (The next time there's a chance to change names do you want to switch to "Fucking LUTHERAN" to make things clear? No? Oh well.)
    I think having screen names in ALL CAPS is a little too intimidating. "Fucking Lutheran" is more, well, friendly.
    Nick Tamen wrote: »

Now I'm ready to sign up for the VIP Premium package!
    I'm all over that. We could have a special Anglican seating section, with good wines and tasteful hors d'oeuvres.

• If iy's been out on the potluck table for a while, tepid is totally doable.
    Indeed. Here I wrestle; I can do no other.

• I could go for "Friendly fucking Lutheran" if we still had subtitles.

But then, that sounds like co-religionists with benefits...
  • And there are already plenty of benefits to being a Lutheran, amirite?
  • Even so!
  • And because I just can't avoid innuendo tonight:

Even so, come...
  • Except you seem to be forgetting you’re not actually Lutheran after all. :wink:

• Oh dear! Yes. I must learn a whole new set of innuendoes. Innuendo? Is that a mass noun or a count noun?
  • Nick TamenNick Tamen Shipmate
    edited January 1
    Innuendi?

Your first lesson as a Calvinist: Presbyterians do it decently and in order.

You’re welcome.

But I'm sure that you can find a Good Calvinist who is willing to tell you that you are not up to snuff, not one of the Elect, and bound for hell in the long run.

In that case, just remember: The Episcopal Church welcomes you. (Hey, we saved the Pater from Calvinist Hell!)

• Gee DGee D Shipmate
    Oh dear! Yes. I must learn a whole new set of innuendoes. Innuendo? Is that a mass noun or a count noun?

Not part of any liturgy I know, so it must be a count one.
  • Gee D wrote: »
    Oh dear! Yes. I must learn a whole new set of innuendoes. Innuendo? Is that a mass noun or a count noun?

Well turned.
  • Gee D wrote: »

Aye, if it sounded like the mass Jenny Geddes would fling a stool at your head before you can say "pax vobiscum".
  • Rossweisse wrote: »
    But I'm sure that you can find a Good Calvinist who is willing to tell you that you are not up to snuff, not one of the Elect, and bound for hell in the long run.
    I’m taking LC under my wing to make sure such idjits do not harass her or darken her path.

And btw, any Calvinist who asserts such as a thing is not a Good Calvinist. A Warped or Distorted Calvinist perhaps, but certainly not a Good Calvinist.

I believe you, Nick!
  • @Rossweisse = good fucking Anglican!
  • :lol:

Indeed!
  • Back to the guest of honor: words mean whatever she wants them to. She will even post a dictionary definition, then turn right around and use the word to mean something else.
  • OhherOhher Shipmate
    Dunno where this incident occurred, but it looks to me like Honored Guest has begun photo-bombing threads in hopes of luring the unwary (why, Twilight! Is that you, dear? Bless your heart!) into saying something Honored Guest can find fault with.