DEUTERONOMY--Second Thoughts (Bible Non-Stop)

Here is a link to the start of Second Thoughts thread on the old Ship to accompany the Non-Stop thread. I find it a useful accompaniment, if only to do post-mortems of the most recent installment on the main thread.

Comments

• HedgehogHedgehog Shipmate
    I know that it is my modern sensibilities talking, but I really find it odd that the various rules/rulings contained in the last few chapters of Deuteronomy seem to be put in there randomly. Why aren't the rulings on taking security for a loan put together? Or, rather, why was it considered reasonable to go from listing a rule on loan security; followed by a rule on punishing kidnapers; then a rule re: leprosy; back to rules on loan security? It just seems to me like it would be easier to remember if like was gathered with like.

But, then, I don't have an ancient mindset. The Past is a different country, innit?

Side point: does anybody know if Nigel M made the transition to the new Ship?
  • MooMoo Kerygmania Host
    Hedgehog wrote: »
    Side point: does anybody know if Nigel M made the transition to the new Ship?

AFAIK he hasn't so far, but I'm sure he'll make it eventually. The amount of free time he has varies considerably.
    Over and above my surprise and delight at seeing the Non-Stop revived, @Lamb Chopped , that was a truly awesome rendition of Deuteronomy 24:14-22!!
  • Lamb ChoppedLamb Chopped Shipmate
    edited March 11
    Hehehehehehehee... wish fulfillment, that was.

But we should definitely get the NonStop Torah going again.
  • "A brief recess" ... only two years, not that long at all.
    No surprise that it is a little "Drawn Out."

<Hedgehog suddenly realizes that only long-time readers of the Non-Stop are going to understand that joke--and they probably (with some justification) will ignore it.>
  • Heh. I got it.

Is anybody up for this, really? I would. Not like I have places to go, people to see...
    I'm certainly up for continuing! But even when the Non-Stop was going full throttle it would take me a month or two between installments. I don't have Nigel M's gift for inventiveness and it takes a while for inspiration to strike. Honestly, compared to the other books, I have found Deuteronomy to be more of a chore to do. Writing for Leviticus was a stroll in the park by comparison. Leviticus had all those lovely details as to decoration (usually in gold) and ritual--the Non-Stop practically wrote itself! :grin:

This revival did encourage me to finish printing out a hard copy of the other Non-Stop books from the old Ship. I couldn't bear to lose them.
  • Yep, well, I'm good to wait for monthly inspiration if you like. Or if we could recruit others...
  • I want the :killingme: smiley back!

esp. for the sly reference to Jesus.