I'm Famous

If you could choose a name for yourself, which would highlight something famous, what would you choose? I'd be Rosetta Stone.

Comments

• EigonEigon Shipmate
    My re-enactor name was Ellen Gethin, named after the original Ellen Vaughan who is buried in Kington Church, Herefordshire. The story goes that her brother was murdered by their cousin, and to get her revenge she disguised herself as a boy and entered an archery contest her cousin was competing in. When the time came for her to shoot, she turned and killed her cousin - and she got away with it! Later, she married the Black Vaughan, who was reputed to be a sorcerer.
    I am nowhere near as badass as she was!
  • When I was doing A-level History in the late '50s, we had a new teacher just down from university. We (the two of us in the class) invented authoritative critcs whom we would quote is our essays, on the lines of:
    "As Claude Gebhardt so rightly says . . ." (that was me), and "Of course, Maurice Massey has clearly explained . . ." (that was my fellow-student).
    If the teacher twigged, as I expect she did (given that we used our own initials), she never let on, and the game continued for the whole term.
  • Count Fahrrad von Bicycletta of the Principality of Vélo. Which is Count Bicycle of Bicycle of the Principality of Bicycle. Because the bicycle is the most important contraption ever invented.
  • FirenzeFirenze Shipmate, Host Emeritus
    I remember a friend and I (we were rather young) writing to the BBC as Fanny Peculiar and Penny Dreadful.
  • "Zelda Pinwheel". She supposedly was a long-term patient at St. Albans Psychiatric hospital in Radford, Virginia. One of my school friends told me that she saw Zelda in the produce department at the local Kroger and Zelda was singing to a pile of grapefruit.
  • Eigon wrote: »
    My re-enactor name was Ellen Gethin, named after the original Ellen Vaughan who is buried in Kington Church, Herefordshire. The story goes that her brother was murdered by their cousin, and to get her revenge she disguised herself as a boy and entered an archery contest her cousin was competing in. When the time came for her to shoot, she turned and killed her cousin - and she got away with it! Later, she married the Black Vaughan, who was reputed to be a sorcerer.
    I am nowhere near as badass as she was!

What a great story! I've always suspected Herefordians to be their own entire nation, quite apart from either England or Wales.
  • la vie en rougela vie en rouge Circus Host, 8th Day Host
    My favourite moniker came from a mafia game on the old Ship. One of my henchmen (I was the boss) delightfully nicknamed me "Prima Donna Silvia Conspiratia Screwtape Berlusconi".

I was very devious.
  • As disclosed elsewhere, my confirmation name is Francis, after the famous Australian footballer Francis Bourke.
  • Amanda B ReckondwythAmanda B Reckondwyth 8th Day Host, Mystery Worship Editor
    Phineas T. Bluster, of Howdy Doody fame.

My mother used to call me Mr. Bluster because I could be blustery and cantankerous when the mood struck me. (Still can.)
  • LydaLyda Shipmate
    My favourite moniker came from a mafia game on the old Ship. One of my henchmen (I was the boss) delightfully nicknamed me "Prima Donna Silvia Conspiratia Screwtape Berlusconi".

I was very devious.

During a T&T name change amnesty on the Old Ship I went by Lyda d 'Flowered which I rather liked. My ship name at the time was Lyda*Rose
  • Rosetta’s cousin Blarney....
  • OK, I'll join your family as Raoul N. :smile:

(We don't talk about cousin Roger).
  • Amanda B ReckondwythAmanda B Reckondwyth 8th Day Host, Mystery Worship Editor
    "Prima Donna Silvia Conspiratia Screwtape Berlusconi"

At first glance I read that as Prima Donna Silvia Constipatia :blush:
  • Sojourner wrote: »
    Rosetta’s cousin Blarney....

Welcome, Cousin. I sense that we Stones will get along. Sadly, our mutual cousin Kidney's passing was rather painful.
  • 😂