The 14 Days of Quarantine

I'm not sure if this will work, but as my Dear Wife will be back from across the border tomorrow and we'll be quarantined together for a fortnight, I'm wondering how it will go.

The answer is pretty much anything that might come to mind.

"On the first day of quarantine my true love said to me........

Comments

• Golden KeyGolden Key Shipmate, Glory
    {There's a parody, variously known as "The 12 Days After Christmas" or "The First Day After Christmas":

The Twelve Days--Deborah Voigt and the Mormoan Tabernacle Choir (YouTube).

IMHO, this is really, really funny. Especially if you've had it up to HERE with everything and everyone.}
    ;)
    Good luck, BTW!
  • "On the first day of quarantine my true love said to me........
    a pair of us with a wine cup
  • Good call. I got a 2 litre bottle of cheap Italian plonk ready for her arrival. She was happy. On to the second day...
  • NenyaNenya Shipmate

"On the first day of quarantine my true love said to me........

"Let's decorate the Christmas tree."
  • NenyaNenya Shipmate
    Note to self: read thread properly before posting.

"On the second day of quarantine my true love said to me

A pair of us with a wine cup

And let's decorate the Christmas tree."
  • edited November 2020
    The parody Eleven Days from Christmas has day one with a "big bowl of sour cream" which goes with the perogis on day 2, though singer calls them pedaha. Day 3 is rubber boots, 4 is holobchi (cabbage rolls). etc.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BlNVaWmRy2U

The same guy does Walking in My Winter Underwear.
  • la vie en rougela vie en rouge Circus Host, 8th Day Host
    That takes me to a video about curling. I think you might have meant to link to something else?
  • So far, the second day of quarantine peaked out with "I'm going to kill that computer..." The wine really was a good idea.
    {Slight tangent re computer remark.}

There was an episode of the original "Magnum, PI" where Thomas was playing a game (IIRC) on the estate's computer system. He lost, and angrily typed "DROP DEAD"--and the estate's entire computer system crashed.
    :)
  • Revisiting a clearly moribund thread... OK - nobody had any really useful suggestions after the first few, and fortunately, we survived, mostly because there was a huge stack of Christmas cards to manufacture and to write (we make our own, always), and I had one last project to finish for a (ungrateful and demanding) customer. Living out of town we could walk in the woods without bothering anyone and get some exercise. On the final morning precisely one hour out of quarantine we were at the YMCA gym and then reconnected for breakfast with our very small social bubble. It was good! But even that bubble has been deflated now with the 28 day lockdown. Even on the 14th day we were still being quite nice to each other.