Post Count

Gee DGee D Shipmate
edited January 27 in The Styx
I see that I've made over 5,000 posts. I assume that this includes posts on the Old Ship as well. Is this so please?

Comments

• No, all this Ship - no data carried over to this Ship. Don't you remember, we all had to register as new for this software.
  • There are some differences in the way the software here counts posts. I think it includes PMs as well as forum posts (they're treated functionally in the same way with the exception of who gets to see them). And, unlike the old Ship which counted the number of posts you make, here the post count is the number of posts which exist ... so when we delete posts and threads your post count will go down to reflect that.

But, as @Curiosity killed said, the post count on these forums is for posts on these forums. If you want a total post count add on the posts from the previous forum (I guess any chance of knowing how many posts those of us who were there made on the boards before those is well beyond accessing).
  • Gee DGee D Shipmate
    Thank you both. I remember re-registering but did not then give a moment's thought to such esoterica.
  • And @mousethief is probably leading (8,946 apparently).
  • Gee DGee D Shipmate
    Well ahead of me - I'm on 3439, and thought that too high for less than 3 years. That's what prompted the thread.
  • How long have we been here?
  • Gee DGee D Shipmate
    It will be 3 years in March, won't it?
  • Opened either 28th Feb or 1st March 2018 (depending on your time zone)
  • Gee DGee D Shipmate
    I remember now the staggering to cater for time zone differences.
  • The new forum opened at a fixed time - but for some that would have been early on the 1st March, for others sometime on the 28th Feb.
  • Gee DGee D Shipmate
    That's sort of what I was trying to say, but much clearer