Reclassifying an old title

HedgehogHedgehog Shipmate
Once upon a time, the Circus had a thread that was basically an introductory guide to Cricket. It was filled with basic explanations of the game. I looked for it today and found that it had been cleansed from the Circus. After a lot of searching, I finally found it consigned to Oblivion.

Personally, I would have loved for it to stay in the Circus just for ease of reference, but if it needed to be moved, at the very least could it please be moved to Limbo, which would make it somewhat easier to find? I personally found the thread to be quite useful (as proven by the fact that I wanted to reference it this morning).

Mind you, I realize that I can "bookmark" the thread, and I have just now done so, so that it should be easier for me to locate it in the future. But I might not be the only one who looks for it.

(Hmmmmm. That raises a second question: if a thread is bookmarked in one forum, does the link still work when the thread gets moved to another forum like Limbo or Oblivion?)

Tagged:

Comments

• Hedgehog wrote: »
    (Hmmmmm. That raises a second question: if a thread is bookmarked in one forum, does the link still work when the thread gets moved to another forum like Limbo or Oblivion?)
    Yes, on this software each thread has a unique number (in the case of this one, 3549) that doesn't change. Somewhere in the metadata that goes with each thread is something that determines which forum it's listed in, that metadata changes when the thread is moved but not the URL for it.

As for the location, the forum hosts usually decide what get's classified as the best of the best to be kept in Limbo. It takes admin rights to actually move a thread, and in this case we just do what the hosts tell us.
  • HedgehogHedgehog Shipmate
    That is good to know about the unique thread numbers and the bookmarks. I need to start paying more attention to whether I want to bookmark a thread!