Aunty phones, in the morning and evening

I'm trying to collect sets of Office psalm antiphons suitable for the Common Worship Psalter in contemporary English, set to the classical plainsong modes like these.

The various Breviary-orientated psalters available on line don't work easily alongside the CW lectionary.

Any suggestions out there, please?

G***le suggests that TEC's Hymnal 1982 has some such; perhaps our friends across the pond can advise, please? This is available in the UK, but I can't look inside!

Thanks.

Comments

• OffeiriadOffeiriad Shipmate
    If my memory serves me well, St Mary's Press in Wantage published a book of psalm antiphons, presumably in association with PMMS: they would be in trad. language, but could be easily updated.
  • RdrEmCofERdrEmCofE Shipmate
    What's the matter with using Anglican Chant and doing your own pointing or use Worcester Psalter or some other?

Anglican Chant Book, Novello.
  • BroJamesBroJames Shipmate
    I wonder if this music resource page from the English Franciscans might help.
  • ThunderBunkThunderBunk Shipmate
    It's a challenge, to me anyway, to find a well-pointed book of psalms in modern English. When I recently wanted to use one, I had to point it myself.
  • QohelethQoheleth Shipmate
    Thanks for all your contributions,

@RdrEmCofE: I've sung enough Anglican Chant over the years, and want now to return to the musical tradition of the undivided church

@BroJames : No antiphons!

@Offeiriad: CR Mirfield also published these. Which are what I'm using this Ordinary-tide.

But for completeness, I'd like to sing the CWDP antiphons to plainchant. Looks like I'll have to compile my own some day!
  • Qoheleth wrote: »
    Thanks for all your contributions,

@RdrEmCofE: I've sung enough Anglican Chant over the years, and want now to return to the musical tradition of the undivided church
    There is no such thing as "the musical tradition of the undivided church!" Even Latin Rite Catholics in Italy in the period between the Council of Trent and the Second Vatican Council used both Gregorian and Ambrosian chants. I love Gregorian chant, but let's not claim things for it that are historically false.
  • QohelethQoheleth Shipmate
    Indeed. Tongue removed from cheek!