Canada shootings

There has been a mass shooting in Canada. https://tinyurl.com/y786nc8b. Please think and pray for all in the area, especially a well-known Shipmate who lives there.

Comments

• Prayers ascending
  • CaissaCaissa Shipmate
    I live 100 kms downriver. We are going to Fredericton tomorrow to shop. ( previously planned event). Two of the casualties are police officers. Piglet is on FB so I presume she is safe.
  • <votive> for all involved.

Obviously, full details are not yet known, but hopefully the gun insanity of some parts of the western world will not spread to what seems one of the more civilised countries.

IJ
  • CaissaCaissa Shipmate
    Statement from the Bishop of Fredericton.

http://anglican.nb.ca/news/tragedy-in-fredericton
  • Wesley JWesley J Shipmate
    <votive>
  • sabinesabine Shipmate
    Prayers for Fredericton and for Canada
  • 🕯
  • PigletPiglet All Saints Host
    I should really have checked in here earlier - it's been a busy day for quite unrelated reasons.

The shooting was on the other side of the river from us, but not far from the flat we rented before we bought our house. The CBC news site doesn't seem very forthcoming about details although they've named the two police officers (a man and a woman) who died.

We're awful for not watching local news, and the first I knew of it was when I opened Facebook this morning and people in Northern Ireland were sending messages asking if we were OK.

Fredericton is usually a very quiet, civilised sort of place, and it's a mark of how rare such an occurrence is that the news made it over the Pond.

Holding the victims and their families in my prayers.
  • Piglet wrote: »

Fredericton is usually a very quiet, civilised sort of place, and it's a mark of how rare such an occurrence is that the news made it over the Pond.

Holding the victims and their families in my prayers.

I think we would all echo those thoughts and prayers, for Fredericton, and for Canada as a whole.
    <votive>

IJ

• PigletPiglet All Saints Host
    Thanks, BF.