Please see Styx thread on the Registered Shipmates consultation for the main discussion forums - your views are important, continues until April 4th.

Predictive text game

This one only works when posting from a phone I think. We all start off with an incomplete sentence then keep pressing the middle button to select the words to complete it. When we get fed up with people's answers to one sentence,someone can start us off with another.

So to get the ball rolling, let's have a few answers to this:

At my church this Christmas we will............

Here is mine

At my church this Christmas we will be in the future of our games

Comments

• I have an entirely pedestrian "...we will be in the future" followed by an infinite number of "the"s.
  • BoogieBoogie Heaven Host
    At my Church this Christmas we will have a look at the Christmas party then we can meet you tomorrow.
  • BroJamesBroJames Purgatory Host
    At my Church this Christmas we will have a few things that we can use to make a good deal on it for the two threads to get the back up and I think I should be able to do that
  • PigletPiglet All Saints Host, Circus Host
    At my church this Christmas we will have a great time with the Royal Bank of Scotland. (Don't ask ...)
  • la vie en rougela vie en rouge Purgatory Host, Circus Host
    At my church this Christmas I think the tomato is the maximum.

(I have no idea either :dizzy:)
  • LandlubberLandlubber Shipmate
    edited December 2020
    At my Church this Christmas we will need you all tomorrow and we can get all those things out of you and I can get the stuff to do that.

(I would avoid my church if I were you!)
  • At my Church this Christmas we will be there at the university in the morning to get a couple things to do with the university and the church for the rest of the weekend.

(Well, I do lead a dull life.)
  • At my church this Christmas we will be chosen to be reimbursed for the first time and I am missing something
  • (these are great, keep them coming!)
  • Shall we try a different sentence before this fun game dies an early death?

By the way experimentation has shown me that always choosing the middle word is likely to always generate similar phrases for one individual,....so to make it more interesting, for each word you may choose one of the three suggestions your phone produces (well my phone gives me three anyway,I assume that is standard).

'When cooking your Christmas dinner, you mustn't forget.....'

When cooking your Christmas dinner you mustn't forget the name and password to access your content and I am looking forward to hearing from you soon

• BroJamesBroJames Purgatory Host
    When cooking your Christmas dinner you mustn’t forget to put your own bed and put your hands in the bathroom for a while.
  • When cooking your Christmas dinner you mustn't forget the BBC year old son of the university who had studied at church and university in Cambridge and taught the faculty of the church ⛪️ in the garden.

(See, I told you my life is dull)
    When cooking your Christmas dinner you mustn't forget to be getting back into the kitchen with a spatula and a half.
  • When cooking your Christmas dinner you mustn't forget the first time you have a baby and you have less idea what to expect

(no idea where that came from: I don't have a baby, and rarely write about them)
    When cooking your Christmas dinner you mustn't forget to check out the times of India and the other hand.
  • NenyaNenya All Saints Host, Ecclesiantics & MW Host
    edited December 2020
    When cooking your Christmas dinner you mustn't forget about the new neighbours and the family of the garden shop.

ETA: It also works on an iPad if you enable predictive text in Settings.
  • My phone seems to have a one-track mind:

At my church this Christmas we will probably not have any wine or dinner or evening.

When cooking your Christmas dinner you mustn’t forget about the snow that we will probably not have for dinner.
  • When cooking your Christmas dinner or something like a whiny little girl who has been on the other side of the world and you don't want her name to go back to the next door neighbor's office.
  • Piglet wrote: »
    At my church this Christmas we will have a great time with the Royal Bank of Scotland. (Don't ask ...)

As long as you practice safe distancing!
  • When cooking your Christmas dinner you mustn’t forget that you’re not going out for dinner tomorrow night or tomorrow evening if you want to come over for a while.
    (My ‘phone has learned self isolating well.)
  • FirenzeFirenze Shipmate, Host Emeritus
    When cooking your Christmas dinner you mustn't forget to get the bill and you can see that the hall is not in a good place and the kitchen sink and everything is clean and the carpet in the front room is in a little plastic bag in the pan for the cooker.

Very domestic.
    When cooking your Christmas dinner you mustn’t forget to get the money from the house and then put it in a bag.
  • I know we’ve moved on, but:
    At my church this Christmas is the time of year to get to a new world and the people who have been in a relationship and I know they will have a good time. 🤭
    (On my phone)

When cooking your Christmas dinner you mustn’t forget about the new chair in your opinion you can choose something different and then we have to go to catch a meal and eat it with a salad.
    (On my iPad - too many Welsh lessons!)
  • Firenze wrote: »
    When cooking your Christmas dinner you mustn't forget to get the bill and you can see that the hall is not in a good place and the kitchen sink and everything is clean and the carpet in the front room is in a little plastic bag in the pan for the cooker.

Very domestic.

I just love the idea of the carpet in a little plastic bag in the pan for the cooker! The mind boggles.

Does someone want to start us off with a new sentence?
    When you hear reindeer on the roof, first....
  • When you hear reindeer on the roof, first of all these people who live alone in a small warehouse in Cambridge city 🌃 and the church of a few years old in the middle of a small glass of wine 🍷 and something else to eat.
  • When you hear reindeer on the roof, first and foremost I'd like to know if you have any questions or concerns regarding the above mentioned subject
    When you hear the reindeer on the roof, first casserole in a place that will never be forgotten by him and if you're looking forward to meeting this Sunday with the lord you will always be the best.
    When you hear the reindeer on the roof they are in the middle of the house and you have to be getting a lot of money.
    When you hear the reindeer on the roof and gutters are all white lights and silver baubles the first time you print this morning they are not too long.
  • When you hear reindeer on the roof, first thing in the morning I can get them to come over for dinner.
    (Not for us to eat, surely!)
  • When you hear reindeer on the roof, the food is a bit too hot and a lot more like the one that you can buy from a new boyfriend.
    When you hear reindeer on the roof, first thing is that you have a little table of the kitchen units in which the hall is installed on a table and the windows are still open to a fireplace like a glass bath.
  • Firenze wrote: »
    When you hear reindeer on the roof, first thing is that you have a little table of the kitchen units in which the hall is installed on a table and the windows are still open to a fireplace like a glass bath.

Another bizarre set of domestic details Firenze....are you an interior designer or something?
  • (Ok let's start a new one for a new day.)

What I would really like for Christmas is......
  • What I would really like for Christmas is Isopropyl alcohol and the meatloaf for a few hours before you have to take on a daily building.
    What I would really like for Christmas is the same type of thing that you have never heard of.
    What I would really like for Christmas is the rose garden and the wine.
    Firenze wrote: »

Another bizarre set of domestic details Firenze....are you an interior designer or something?

We've been having a lot of work done on the house.
  • What I would really like for Christmas is always a pleasure meeting with the choir at Northgate which is why I am looking forward to hearing about it but I think we should stick with the following weekend
  • What I would really like for Christmas isn’t that much more than what you did for Christmas but you have a lot to say that I would have you to go on the same time you and your wife are going home .
    What I would really like for Christmas is a good idea for the Christmas lights on my way to get the new carpeting in a few days.

(Do as I may, it's still banging on about carpets).
  • When cooking your Christmas dinner you must not forget that your dad has to go through the whole earth to get to the point.

Hmmm. Like father, like son.

What I would really like for Christmas is the Christmas card for the next world.

What? Hallmark cards in the afterlife? Noooo!
  • What I would really like for Christmas is the way to go back and to do the job again
  • What I would really like for Christmas is that the one that we have to do with the other two is going to have a different idea of what the weather would probably be like.

I think this means a wish for a white Christmas, but I’m not sure.
  • HeavenlyannieHeavenlyannie Shipmate
    edited December 2020
    What I would really like for Christmas isn’t a big kitchen or something like that it is usually the only time we can get together and we will need some help with green beans or orange juice 🧃
    (At least it has stopped talking about the university)
    What I would really like for Christmas is the best way to get a train into Edinburgh at least one more time.
    What I would really like for Christmas is that you buy the best of things about your arteries and your own health insurance policy.
    It was Christmas Day in the workhouse...
  • It was Christmas Day in the workhouse and the food was great and the atmosphere was fun and the staff were very friendly

I seem to have accessed the iOS restaurant review dictionary