Please see Styx thread on the Registered Shipmates consultation for the main discussion forums - your views are important, continues until April 4th.

Christian Concern makes the news again...

BoogieBoogie Heaven Host
edited November 2018 in Dead Horses
Christian parent threatens legal action over school's 'gay pride parade’.

I need another word other than ‘Christian’ to describe my faith :cry:

The word ‘Christian’ now has a meaning I never want to associate with.

Comments

• I think 'Christian' Concern needs another word other than ‘Christian’ to define their group.
    :rage:

• LouiseLouise Epiphanies Host
    I'm posting from my phone so this may not work, but there's an absolutely shocking Radio 4 doc on their legal arm and the terrible 'advice' they seem to have given to those who trusted them A Tale of Belief and the Courts

It's mostly about the Alfie Evans case but it was a real eye-opener on what they did to their own trusting and sometimes very vulnerable clients.
  • Boogie wrote: »
    Christian parent threatens legal action over school's 'gay pride parade’.

I need another word other than ‘Christian’ to describe my faith :cry:

The word ‘Christian’ now has a meaning I never want to associate with.

"Biblical" also appears now to mean something different than what I thought it meant.
  • I'm unfamiliar with Christian Concern specifically, but this is a fairly common legal grift. It depends on feelings of aggrievement and a type of affinity fraud. The smaller part of the money comes from legal fees associated with doomed law suits and even more doomed appeals. The larger income is from fundraising from fellow aggrieved Christians (of whatever quote mark status) to support the fight against [ secularism / homosexuality / race mixing / whatever ]. Former Kansas Secretary of State and failed gubernatorial candidate Kris Kobach ran a similar scam, except he preyed on anti-immigrant Americans rather than anti-gay Christians.
This discussion has been closed.