Please see Styx thread on the Registered Shipmates consultation for the main discussion forums - your views are important, continues until April 4th.

Ship of Fools: St Silas Pentonville, Islington, The Angel, London

imageShip of Fools: St Silas Pentonville, Islington, The Angel, London

Warm welcome; attention-seeking child

Read the full Mystery Worshipper report here

Comments

• LiquafrutaLiquafruta Shipmate Posts: 5
    The little girl is the future of the church.
  • LiquafrutaLiquafruta Shipmate Posts: 5
    No children = no future.
  • Bishops FingerBishops Finger Shipmate
    edited February 2020
    I agree, but that little girl is a member of the church NOW.

An interesting Report - much the same could have been written of Our Place last Sunday, when numbers were a little low, a bit higher than St Silas, but also due to half-term (we expect this, and don't worry about it). The description of the service proper sounds very familiar!

We, too, use CDs occasionally (ripped onto a laptop computer, and sent through the speakers of our electronic organ), and it's hard sometimes to tell the difference between that, and a real live Human Being!

We had a number of children in church last Sunday, and two Young Gentlemen (both aged about 3) were a little noisier than usual. Did anybody mind? Not a bit of it!

BTW, our priest uses the hand-sanitiser after the Peace (which we have in the Roman Catholic position in the service - after the Lord's Prayer, and just before Communion). The lavabo is performed at the Offertory, as per usual. I have mentioned on another thread that our priest is withholding the chalice during the Coronavirus scare, which seems to make sense (and less work).
  • As a teenager I fell totally out of love with the Church and its message. It took me nearly two decades to come back. But at the time of my falling out I didn't resort to sweet wrapper protests— I just left!
  • Maybe the little lassie just didn't like the sweets on offer?
    :wink:
  • So much for fasting for one hour before communion.