Please see Styx thread on the Registered Shipmates consultation for the main discussion forums - your views are important, continues until April 4th.

Praise & Thanksgiving

Comments

• Jengie JonJengie Jon Shipmate
    edited June 2018
    More good news, Dad does not need an op on his shoulder just physiotherapy eventually. Dad has also sussed sister and rings her.
  • Good news all round, Jengie
  • HuiaHuia Shipmate
    That's brilliant Jengie.

It's our first frost today and I'm wandering around the house in warm clothing, including a brilliant hat (Tam o'shanter ?) bearing the label Handmade by J) . I am very thankful for J and her skills, I think my brain is finally thawing out. :smiley:
  • Warm hats are wonderful, Huia. Cold here too.
  • Yay! for all the Yay!
  • Well, who'd a thunk it - the Dowager is medically fit for discharge back to the care home! Imagine!

Giving thanks for the patience and skill of all the NHS staff who have treated her :grin:
  • PigletPiglet All Saints Host, Circus Host
    Glad to hear it, Mrs. S. :)
  • MaryLouiseMaryLouise Shipmate, Host Emeritus
    Good news, I have been thinking about the Dowager this weekend.
  • Yay!
  • Thank you - she is now back at the home, very tired and sleeping a lot. We may not be out of the woods yet, but thank you to everyone who prays for her, and all who care for her :heart:
  • NenyaNenya All Saints Host, Ecclesiantics & MW Host
    This is good news, Mrs S. I hope the Dowager remains happy and comfortable.
  • Amen to that Nenya!
  • Gath fachGath fach Shipmate
    All twelve of the boys and their coach that were trapped in the cave in Thailand are now out safely
  • sabinesabine Shipmate
    Gath fach wrote: »
    All twelve of the boys and their coach that were trapped in the cave in Thailand are now out safely

Hallelujah!!
    Hallelujah indeed!
  • welshdragonwelshdragon Shipmate Posts: 15
    hooyah
  • sionisaissionisais Shipmate
    The move is over, our belongings moved and the keys for our old place handed back. We now have to sort out the boxes and decide what we shall keep after all.
    Happy new house, SS! :)
  • Great news, @sionisais - may you be very happy there, for many a long year!

(moving sucks, bigtime :scream: )

Mrs. S, not moving again till she has to
    ... not moving again till she has to
    Preach it, sister!
  • HuiaHuia Shipmate
    Giving thanks for the friend who took me home for tea tonight and will take me grocery shopping tomorrow. I have been home in order not to share the nasty cold I have - I'm selfish that way :wink: - but now I am running out of catfood and other necessities.
  • How lovely to have help.
  • Yay! for helpful help when needed!
  • sionisaissionisais Shipmate
    Another victory on the moving front: we found enough stuff (and cleared space) to cook a proper meal and have friends round to share it. They were very grateful as they too are moving (Wednesday) so the roast lamb, potatoes, carrots, courgettes and asparagus went down very well.
  • LeRocLeRoc Shipmate
    Today it's exactly 25 years ago that I arrived in Brazil.
  • Happy anniversary!
  • RossweisseRossweisse Hell Host, 8th Day Host, Glory
    Hurrah, Mrs. S!
  • Thanks, Ross - and we are also very grateful that Mr. S's thumbs are healing well, and TIG appears (whispers) not to have chicken pox!

Hooray!
  • Yay! for all the YAY!
  • RossweisseRossweisse Hell Host, 8th Day Host, Glory
    Bravi tutti!
  • duchessduchess Shipmate Posts: 15
    Just wanted to thank you for your prayers God blessed the talk my mom and I had Sat.

My mom had stopped talking to me in May over something I did that upset her.

It looks like everything was resolved yesterday and the time that she has left on this Earth I hope we will spend in peace and she will know how much I love her.
  • HuiaHuia Shipmate
    Yay Duchess. That must be a big relief.
  • Yay!!!!
  • Thank God!
  • MaryLouiseMaryLouise Shipmate, Host Emeritus
    Good to read this, duchess.
  • Court case yesterday, my attacker pleaded guilty to a section 20 offence, GBH without intent, which was accepted and I didn't have to be there. This is down from a section 18 offence, GBH with intent. I'm not sure whether she was charged with the use of chemicals as a weapon too. She's now awaiting sentencing on 24 September. I was offered the opportunity to be there, but really, no. Huge relief that it's over - at least to having the court case over and done with and a guilty verdict agreed.
  • Thank God for all the thanksgiving :votive:
  • HuiaHuia Shipmate
    CK - I'm glad that bit at least is over for you.

I inadvertently gave myself a small heat caused burn yesterday and I thought immediately of you and your much more serious ones - ongoing prayers.
  • HuiaHuia Shipmate
    YaY - just been announced the new Christchurch Central Library is opening on 12 October.

I have been waiting since 22nd of February 2011.

Spinning yippee emo x100
  • Wesley JWesley J Circus Host
    Hurray, Huia!

This is very good news indeed. Adds to the I hope growing sense of a life 'normal' and 'civilised' to have this back. :)
  • Yay! for all the Yay! <spinninghappy>
  • @Huia - brilliant news about the library
  • I lost 30kg since December with the aid of the current gastric balloon - got a new one being put in on Monday week...
    Good on you, Alex! :)
  • Wowsa- well done Alex!
  • Well done, Alex!
  • Great work Alex!
  • Praise be, that the Dowager seems to have recovered fully from her latest pneumonia. She was relatively lucid on the phone today, other than when she told me the home had had its Christmas lunch today :goggle: Her friend Jim wasn't there, 'but his mint sauce was'.

You have to laugh when that's 'a good day'! :smile:
    Glad to hear she's got over her pneumonia though!
  • Oh yes, and she's much brighter in general and more like herself, so that the 'mint sauce' lapse was actually funny!

I think she may have confused herself over the Christmas bit because they all had a drink before lunch - when the weather is nice the home likes to get them all out in the courtyard and have a little party :wink: