Please see Styx thread on the Registered Shipmates consultation for the main discussion forums - your views are important, continues until April 4th.

Heaven: I feel I ought to like this but I DON'T

14567810»

Comments

• The Sleaford Mods. And Shame.

I normally like anarchic music, but these remind me of some of the punk music, that had shouting words over music. There was some punk I liked, but not this type, as a rule.

And, it has been done. Why do it again? Listen to the original work. And do something new and original instead.
  • Watching TV and movies. It's not a snobbish, "I can't believe you waste your time on such mindless pap"-type thing; I've got loads of DVDs/Blu-rays to get through and quite a few shows on my Amazon Prime account to watch,so clearly part of me thinks I should be watching them. And if the TV's on in the room where I am, I won't actively go and do something else (unless it's a show I hate). I can just never bring myself to sit and watch a show/movie for that length of time: there's always something else I'd rather be doing, mainly playing computer games (I know, I know - but they do have the advantage, to me anyway, of you actually doing something while playing them).

Also, hash browns as part of a cooked breakfast. I don't dislike them, I just don't get the point of them, they seem to take up space on the plate that could be more usefully used for something else, like an extra sausage or black pudding or something. They feel a bit... pointless to me.
  • finelinefineline Shipmate, Host Emeritus
    I am the same with watching TV - also not snobbery, but just I don’t enjoy it, and when I had a TV, I never watched it, so I stopped having a TV, so I didn’t have to pay a licence for something I never use.

I like hash browns if they are actual separate bits of fried potato mixed with bits of onions and bacon, but not when they are combined as a whole potato cake-like thing.
  • Another one here with a problem with Hash browns, I can eat them but they don't excite me. I also have a problem with baked beans as part of a cooked breakfast, I quite like beans on toast but not served with my eggs, tomatoes and mushrooms
  • Gath fach wrote: »
    Another one here with a problem with Hash browns, I can eat them but they don't excite me. I also have a problem with baked beans as part of a cooked breakfast, I quite like beans on toast but not served with my eggs, tomatoes and mushrooms

Proper Hash Browns shouldn't have onion in them. If you find HBs a bit much at breakfast, try substituting Latkes (potato pancaskes) instead.

IMHO no breakfast should include baked beans.

And of course the best bit of any fried breakfast is finishing off with fried bread spread with marmalade :grin:
  • finelinefineline Shipmate, Host Emeritus
    I guess I like improper hash browns then, because I love the ones with onion and bacon. :lol:
  • LeoLeo Shipmate
    Mr Smiff wrote: »
    Also, hash browns as part of a cooked breakfast. I don't dislike them, I just don't get the point of them, they seem to take up space on the plate that could be more usefully used for something else, like an extra sausage or black pudding or something. They feel a bit... pointless to me.

I love them - McCain's rather than Sainsbury's. They're similar to laitkes.
  • And what has my wife chosen for us for tea tonight? Pizza and hash browns...

:unamused:
  • The purpose of hash browns is to soak up the egg yolk from your properly fried egg.
  • But thats what the fried bread is for
  • The Sleaford Mods.
    Seconded. I like a bit of angry music, but the Mods feel a bit like their winking at the audience and saying "look at me, aren't I naughty". I find them extremely slappable.
  • A post by Climacus on the Life Downunder thread in All Saints has prompted me to post:

Fancy dress

Everyone else seems to think it's great fun and gets caught up in the planning and execution of brilliant outfits.

I would rather stick pins in my eyes. I think it's become associated in my mind with the "compulsory fun!" of office parties.
  • EnochEnoch Shipmate
    @Kittyville I agree with you.

I also agree with someone I know who told his wife (who I don't think was ever even tempted to do such a thing) that he regarded a surprise party as legitimate grounds for divorce.
  • Only for divorce? Murder, surely!
  • HugalHugal Shipmate
    I do drink a lot of cola drinks. I have a friend who gets high on cola and wants to jump off the nearest high space and fly. I hate Rocket Leaves. They are on everything at the moment. Yuk
  • balaambalaam Shipmate
    Rocket leaves taste of dandelion to me. Yes, I have tried, and young leaves of rosebay willow herb.

Served with black pudding and balsamic vinegar they are delicious, both rocket and dandelion leaves.
  • LeoLeo Shipmate
    Greenbelt
  • Leo wrote: »
    Greenbelt
    Areas of wild vegetation around developed areas?
  • mousethief wrote: »
    Leo wrote: »
    Greenbelt
    Areas of wild vegetation around developed areas?
    Or perhaps a ranking in judo?

• FirenzeFirenze Shipmate, Host Emeritus
    Perhaps something to hold up your Greenmantel?