Please see Styx thread on the Registered Shipmates consultation for the main discussion forums - your views are important, continues until April 4th.

Praise & Thanksgiving

Comments

• I'm the preferred candidate for a job I was interested in. Very interested. Just awaiting reference checks and the final paper work. It means a move overseas to NZ, but I'm excited about that.
  • Well done!
  • PigletPiglet All Saints Host, Circus Host
    Well done indeed, Climacus, and good luck with your move! Exciting times! :smiley:
  • Gee DGee D Shipmate
    Congratulations (I think).
  • Well done, Climacus.

I thought that I had killed my fitbit. I have left it clipped to a pair of trousers which went through the washing machine and through the tumble drier. It was very hot when I found it, and I thought it had been fried. It still seemed dead after it had cooled down, but I tried recharging it and it has sprung to life!
  • MaryLouiseMaryLouise Shipmate, Host Emeritus
    Congrats, Climacus!

Yay for the resurrected fitbit, NEQ!
  • Great new, Climacus! Congratulations, and good luck with the move!
  • With a thankful heart to wonderful neighbors all around. I have three houses near us on our little side street. On hearing Mr Image will have chemo and surgery have offered us without being asked rides, dog sitting, meals and whatever else we may wish to make all this easier. I am so blessed to live around such caring people. I am also sure should I say that we were in need of help there are others in the community who would come to our aid.
    Good neighbours are worth their weight in gold, aren't they? Best wishes to Mr. Image for his surgery and treatment.
  • RossweisseRossweisse Hell Host, 8th Day Host, Glory
    Bravo, Climacus!

I'm also finding that I have caring neighbors, GI. I'm so glad that you and Mr. Image will have help!

• P & T at Our Place, coz after nearly 2 years' interregnum, we have a new priest-in-charge coming to us in January!

He'll be 'house-for-duty' i.e. Sundays + 2 weekdays, but he's a bit of a live wire, and we may find ourselves running to keep up with him. He's a very experienced and well-thought-of pastor, which is just what we need after years of priests who just sat about, did no pastoral work, but looked holy on Sundays....
  • jedijudyjedijudy Heaven Host
    That's excellent news,Bishops Finger!!
    Absolutely! :)
    Holy hurrahs, BF!
  • Echoed LOUDLY by the little team of devoted lay-people wot as kep Our Place on the map for quite a few years....
    :sweat_smile:
  • ZappaZappa Shipmate
    Thank you, God, for a new and exciting job
    Well done Zappa! <yippee>
    Bravo, Zappa!
  • Zappa wrote: »
    Thank you, God, for a new and exciting job

Great news! Congratulations!
  • ZappaZappa Shipmate
    So happy
    Brilliant news, Zappa, and I see your mother has also come safely through her op. Thankfulness.
  • Good news indeed.
  • Hooray indeed!
  • SarasaSarasa All Saints Host
    Good news Zappa all round
  • HuiaHuia Shipmate
    The Nurse's Chapel at Christchurch Hospital has finally re-opened. It was damaged in the 2010 quake and has had temporary bracing around it since then. It was built in 1928 as a memorial to the 8 Canterbury nurses killed in WWI when a hospital ship The Marquette was sunk by the Germans.
  • I saw that on the net.
    What an amazing job - if a bit OTT English
    Friend who is a middie at Chch Womens said she looked down at it from her (5th) floor and said it was "gorgeous"
  • Just a quick post to thank you for your prayers. I am feeling much better.
    Thank you for sharing that good news, GI!
  • Not only a good sleep and a solution to the insomnia but another life experience so I will be able to sympathise with sufferers I may meet in my future
    Thanks all!
    Good to hear this, Galilit.
  • Really good news Galilit.
  • Three good things - my dodgy mole isn't a cause for concern (hooray!), no trick-or-treaters at all (double hooray!!) and the home is looking into getting a walking frame for the Dowager (triple hooray!!!)

Thank you Lord!
    Sounds good, Mrs. S!
  • These two words in the same sentence from a medical consultation today - 'biopsy' and 'benign'. Thank God.
    Deo gratias, Diomedes.
    Deo gratias indeed!
  • finelinefineline Shipmate, Host Emeritus
    I want to share a praise thing. I don't think I ever specifically asked for prayer about this, but I have mentioned a couple of times my health has been quite bad this year, and I had been feeling quite overwhelmed by it - not being able to stand for long without blacking out, not being able to walk for long without collapsing. I was feeling quite miserable and scared by it, but it has improved quite a bit now - especially since my doctor took me off meds that were supposed to help but were making it worse. I've been making myself walk short distances most days, and increasing these distances slowly. Today I walked 16,000 steps, and am feeling very exhausted but triumphant. In January, I was most of the time in bed, so it feels so nice to have improved so much since then. Thank you to anyone who prayed for me.
    Glad to hear it, Fineline - long may the improvement continue!
  • That’s great, fineline.
  • jedijudyjedijudy Heaven Host
    That is so awesome, fineline! Thanks for sharing your good news with us! :)
    I am so happy for you, fineline!
    Such good news, fineline.
  • Wonderful news Diomedes and Fineline. 😁
  • Fantastic news, Diomedes

And that's brilliant, fineline. There's a theory among some groups about improving well-being by gently increasing exercise and activity, and it sounds as if that is what you've achieved.
    I'm thankful for the five intrepid souls who braved the snow to come to D's organ recital today, and made it worth our while to come into town. :smiley:
    I am so very grateful for all the friends who have stepped forward to help me in recent weeks, traveling to see and assist me, cooking, sending gifts of chocolate (always welcome!), doing little things like moving the laundry to from the washer to the dryer and more. I'm having a hard time being confined in a wheelchair, but good people are making it easier. I just need to figure out a good way to thank everyone.

• Accept their help and just say thanks Rossweise.
  • P & T for the kind neighbours who, entirely unsolicited, have, in recent days, helped me lug coal into the Palace for the Episcopal Stove.

To wit, M., P., C., T., and A. N. Other.....

Their names are writ in The Lamb's Book Of Life.
    :smiley:
  • I'm pleased to hear that my youngest has been attending ska gigs and finds them a lot more fun than moshing at metal concerts.

The girl is seeing sense, bless her ...

;)
    Lothlorien wrote: »
    Accept their help and just say thanks Rossweise.
    I do. I also write thank-you notes.