Cancer SUCKS

Comments

• Great news Robert Armin!
  • GalilitGalilit Shipmate
    Super to hear, Robert Armin!!
  • That's great news, Robert Armin. Fantastic.
  • Very happy for you Robert Armin. May you continue gaining in good health.
  • So pleased for you @Robert Armin
  • That's the best of news Robert - we're so glad to hear it. And good to know that you are already planning the exercise. I am sure everyone will be telling you that's a good way to get ahead as soon as your body is ready for it.
  • HuiaHuia Shipmate
    Robert, that is good news.

Maybe something a little less destructive than cage fighting though. :smile:
  • RossweisseRossweisse Hell Host, 8th Day Host, Glory
    Oh, bravo, @Robert Armin! Pray continue on this path going forward.
  • PatdysPatdys Shipmate
    Reading, and praying from the upside down world.
  • Yay! For the good news from @Robert Armin
  • RuthRuth Shipmate
    Woo hoo! And yay!
    I had the ScanFest today that will decide whether or not I will be admitted to the study. (The CT and bone scan folks were running hideously late, and I spent several hours stuck in a small waiting room with a TV whose volume was set to "stun," broadcasting idiotic game shows to three of us who sat huddled in the far corner from said idiot box.)

The news is a mixture. The liver enzymes are apparently somewhat better. The bones are significantly more cancer-ridden. (Please, Lord, don't let me fall.) The liver mets have grown in size but not increased in number. I will see the research team again early Tuesday. Prayers would be greatly appreciated.

Meanwhile, I need to work on some things to update my will this weekend.

• Robert ArminRobert Armin Shipmate, Glory
    <candles> and lots of love Ross. I don't know what else to say.
  • DooneDoone Shipmate
    My friend’s granddaughter died peacefully in the hospice last evening 🕯
  • <votive>
  • <votive> for Doone's friend's granddaughter, and family.

<votive> for Rossweisse. Good news, and bad news - hard to take it all in, I guess.
    <votive> Doone, I am so sorry.

My fatigue and discomfort levels seem to be increasing. It is tedious.

• Prayers for you Rossweiss, and I am sorry to hear that life is more challenging....
  • DooneDoone Shipmate
    Thank you everyone.
    Prayers for you as well, @Rossweisse 🙏
  • I have this huge desire to pop round and fluff up your pillows, or computer, or something. Let me know whatever is helpful.
  • OhherOhher Shipmate
    I can't pop round from where I am, but am summoning vast flocks of orneries to sing down your pains, feather your pillows, fan your brow, ease your fatigue . . .
    I have this huge desire to pop round and fluff up your pillows, or computer, or something. Let me know whatever is helpful.
    Come have a drink! There's always something I can't pick up and need help with, and your company is always welcome.

Thank you, @Ohher! They're in good voice now.

And thanks to all who pray for me. It really does help.

• Today I am sad.
    But I am calm.
  • May sadness depart, but may calm remain...
    <votive>
  • (((Galilit)))
  • Amen to that 🕯
  • I'm here. I don't know what to write - but I'm here. Prayers for all.
  • That will do very nicely, IMHO!
    :wink:
  • jedijudyjedijudy Heaven Host
    Yes indeed; prayers for all.
  • Yay!
    Got OUT today up the hill - nice view of the early morning Sea of Galilee through the grove of mixed-euclypts . My usual Taize Daily Prayer with my own Franciscan and Marian add-ons ... with my dear little ginger dog at my feet; followed by fruits and yoggy and a lolly/candy/sweetie (Ricola Alpine Herbs Original) ... I am a New Woman!
    Indebted to all for the prayers!!
  • Galilit...that sounds a real treat - glad to hear you are feeling better.
    Yay, Galilit! Long may such adventures continue!
  • Catching up... @Doone, I am so sorry. My light perpetual shine on that precious child, and may all who mourn her be comforted.

Galilit, there is nothing like the Sea of Galilee, especially in the morning sun. I give thanks for your lifted spirits.

Rossweisse, I too want to fluff up pillows or something. Prayers ascending as always, for comfort and safety and less tedium!
    @Mamacita, you brought stuffed spinach pizza! What more can I ask?
  • Provel? :naughty:
    I don't know whether provel is a member of the wax family or the plastic family, but I do know this: Provel comes from Hell.

I had a hard day. After going to the New Hospital about the study that could, potentially, stave off the inevitable, I learned that taking part in said study means that I am no longer the patient of my long-time (almost nine years) oncologist and his wonderful, caring nurse.

The research oncologist is a good guy and a great doc, but he is not invested in me. When I die - as all his study subjects do, usually sooner rather than later - it probably won't matter much to him.

I also learned that the progression of the cancer is worse than I'd been led to believe: The mets in my liver have grown a lot (from itty-bitty lumpettes, they're now an inch in diameter or more), and the cancer in my bones has spread and grown enormously. If the study drug doesn't work in me, it won't be long. I would appreciate prayers, as I'm having a rough time right now. Thank you!

• Praying, Rossweisse!

• Praying.
  • Praying....
  • Rossweisse!, the prayer mat is down and the candle shines brightly for you.
  • No prayers, but thoughts and good wishes via the internet.
  • Right now, Ross, may God hold you securely and lovingly in the palm of his hand. Prayers ascending.
  • Forgive me if I am overstepping the line here Rossweisse.

I pray that you are given opportunity to live as well as survive.
    I pray that you are surrounded by those who support you in your decisions.
    I pray that your health clinicians know you well enough to listen- and treat you- and not just your cancer.

I pray that our online community continues to add joy to your living.
    And at such time, to your dying
    And to a celebration of a life lived and loved.

May you soar on your flock of Orneries.

• Robert ArminRobert Armin Shipmate, Glory
    Ross - love and prayers!
  • Rossweisse- please know that you are held in the hearts and prayers of so many of us
  • Tears in my eyes as I pray.
  • Ross you are, have been, and will be surrounded and upheld by the prayers of a much greater cloud of witnesses than post here very often. If it's a comfort to know who & where from now on I'll be lighting a candle for you in this beautiful ancient church each morning that I unlock it in a large (population approx 1800!) village in mid Wales.
  • Oh, Ross - we're both saddened by your news. Prayers that you be cared for with skill and compassion and be guided well in the decisions you will have to take.
  • Praying for you, Ross 🙏🕯
  • jedijudyjedijudy Heaven Host
    Always praying for you, my beautiful friend. Always praying for a miracle, too.