Welcome Aboard!

Comments

• LolaLola Shipmate Posts: 36
    Woo hoo!
  • JennyAnnJennyAnn Shipmate Posts: 26
    Change? Change! Why do we have to have change?!

(I love it. I will change my avatar in time. When I find the file)
  • Just to note, 150 people (give or take a couple) have succeeded in the move over in the last 2 hours.

Cute moment of the evening, approving the simultaneous registration of a Ship Couple ™
  • BillyPilgrimBillyPilgrim Shipmate Posts: 3
    Hello. I was St. Stephen the Stoned. Now I'm BillyPilgrim again.
  • HelenEva wrote: »
    I'm probably being stupid but how do I get into the private board I'm a member of? I used to have a saved link or use the link in a private message I got when I joined.

You should be able to see it in the boards list (categories link at the top or side of the page). If y U can’t then it means one of us hasn’t made you a member yet. Which board are you after?

Waving please. And the whole thing looks very good.
  • StooStoo Shipmate Posts: 5
    JennyAnn wrote: »
    Change? Change! Why do we have to have change?

Ever the Anglican.
  • ElaineCElaineC Shipmate Posts: 5
    Safely aboard!

Cute moment of the evening, approving the simultaneous registration of a Ship Couple ™

Hi!

We were racing to see who got approved first!
  • StooStoo Shipmate Posts: 5
    JennyAnn wrote: »

Hi!

We were racing to see who got approved first!

Who won? Who won?

• Both of you were on the list to be approved at the same time. I did say simultaneous.
  • Qoheleth wrote: »
    And the winner of the "First Non-H&A to Register Award" is.....

A tie between @ferijen and @goperryrevs who both registered at 5:01 according to the software!

... and I tried so hard to be first :(
    [when did I register?] @Marvin the Martian

Well, Qoheleth - you of all people should know: there's nothing new under the sun!

Couldn't resist!
    Both of you were on the list to be approved at the same time. I did say simultaneous.

Thank you!

• And the winner of the "First Non-H&A to Register Award" is.....

A tie between @ferijen and @goperryrevs who both registered at 5:01 according to the software!

It was goperryrevs. I know cos I was the one wot approved it
  • Made it !
  • Nice to see you, @Stoo and @JennyAnn :smiley:
  • NenyaNenya Shipmate
    Come aboard, Sir. Reporting for duty. *salutes*
  • Really impressed. It all looks so smart and registering was really easy.

(Used to be Oscar the Grouch)
  • Evening, all! Happy sailing to everyone. I'll keep the life vest on for now, thank you very much. :)
  • Kyzyl wrote: »
    Kyzyl wrote: »
    That seems to have too easy, but I'm here. Now, how do I get rid of that awful avatar I see?

Upload an alternative picture to your profile.

Got it.

Daddy?? :tongue:

• HugalHugal Shipmate
    Nice to be back.
  • MiliMili Shipmate
    Yay, got on board eventually once I realised I was clicking the wrong link to confirm my email. I waited until a reasonable hour of the morning here in Australia though - I was not so keen as to get up at 4am to register when the new boards launched!
    HelenEva wrote: »
    I'm probably being stupid but how do I get into the private board I'm a member of? I used to have a saved link or use the link in a private message I got when I joined.

You should be able to see it in the boards list (categories link at the top or side of the page). If y U can’t then it means one of us hasn’t made you a member yet. Which board are you after?

Try again now.
  • geroffgeroff Shipmate Posts: 21
    I have made it here, same name but new avatar, which I use on another forum.
    Thanks to everyone for their hard work building and launching.
  • Checking
  • Errr...testing, testing...

I have a weird feeling of having left someone or something important, behind. I hope we don't!
    HelenEva wrote: »

Try again now.

Yay!! Thank you very much! Access to the life boat is v important. :-)
  • monkeylizardmonkeylizard Shipmate Posts: 2
    Same name. Same pic. Same occasional sailing dates.

Now....where's the Lido Deck?
  • rufikirufiki Shipmate Posts: 12
    edited February 2018
    Same name. Same pic. Same occasional sailing dates.

Now....where's the Lido Deck?

Hi @monkeylizard!
  • Made it and the deck was not as slippery as I feared.
  • RowenRowen Shipmate Posts: 15
    Nice place.
    Like the curtains
  • EnochEnoch Shipmate
    Ahoy there mi hearties. Have I successfully boarded?

And a question. Is it still possible to add a slogan at the bottom as before?
  • And the winner of the "First Non-H&A to Register Award" is.....

Yessssss. I’ll finally go down in history.
  • All sorted without a hitch.

A very nice job, congratulations and many thanks to all concerned. I particularly like the wavy water and steam ship theme.

Next job: find a replacement pic for the psychedelic happyface haunting the top left corner of this post. Yikes.
  • luvanddaisiesluvanddaisies Shipmate Posts: 32
    Well, that’s odd... I thought I’d posted a little hello on here, but it’s on the BBC practise thread, which I’m certain I hadn’t opened until now when I found my ‘missing’ post by going via my profile.
    Weird.

Anyway, hello again. Successful transfer earlier this evening.
    I’ve still got my old name, but I’ve got a new avatar. If I ever get a tattoo, something along its lines will be it.
  • Hello

I was formerly Kitten but decided to go for the Welsh version
  • MamacitaMamacita Shipmate
    Nice to see familiar faces and new ones too! Stoo and JennyAnn, good to see you!
  • MaryLouiseMaryLouise Purgatory Host, 8th Day Host
    Checking to see if my new Mary Ward avatar works. Feeling quite at home by now and this reads beautifully on my Samsung tablet.
  • So far, the new software seems to work well. The new layout seems to be a bit greedy of vertical space, though - is that a consequence of optimizing for phones? Maybe one day I'll have some time and remember enough CSS to try to hack the comment header to the left of the comment rather than above it.
  • OhherOhher Shipmate
    The swim over wasn't too bad. New ship seems great so far (though I'm going to miss the old emoticons -- these just don't quite hit the mark :grimace: .
  • RooKRooK Admin Emeritus
    Emoticons have always seemed too vaguely-translated for my liking.

#deathtosmileys
  • pete173pete173 Shipmate Posts: 2
    Well, I appear to have landed... Well done to all those involved in the transition.
  • I’m in! Hoorah! Thank you so much to all the wonderful people who made this happen. I love you all. Here, have a gin.
  • ChamoisChamois Shipmate Posts: 2
    Decided to wait a while before registering just in case the New Ship sank under the weight. Glad to see everyone safely aboard, and here's to happy sailing!
  • BrownBagBrownBag Shipmate Posts: 1
    Hello, thanks for the new board! I was effectively a lurker in the old place, you won’t remember me as I only had a couple of hundred posts in nearly 18 years! I’ve chosen a new name.

Now to retreat softly to the shadows again...
  • Slight change to the username, but other than that, I’m still me!
  • Ahoy everyone.
    "We sail the ocean blue, and our saucy ship's a beauty"
    But beauty ain't everything when you can't find the locker you have stored things in.
    Still suppose I'll get used to it.
    If I get lost send out RNLI please.
  • MrsBeakyMrsBeaky Shipmate
    The transfer from one vessel to the next was wonderfully smooth so thank you to you all for your hard work on our behalf. I've kept my name and changed the picture to a lovely, local view. I am a daily reader and infrequent poster but I'm glad to still be sailing with you all.
  • LibsLibs Shipmate
    Just getting snug in the corner here, down in one of the more obscure cabins.
    (formerly QLib)
  • Great to see you make the jump too, old hand!